CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

allegience playin in gb and esl tourny and disputin even when theyre late so they get time to play in both tournies. why arent they dq'd yet... ? happened twice now. esl caterin to pros...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have these casters played Halo 5? or atleast enough to talk about strats lol?  "If you can control pit you get overshield and if you control outside and pit its ganna be really hard for the other team to come back cuz they cant just get in there and slay." .... Ok i guess?

it may suck the commentators don't currently know the game but it will be cool to hear them grow as they learn it :)

I'd rather just have someone that knows what they're talking about cast what I'm watching. Like these guys I doubt will ever be able to give knowledge like one of the ex pro halo castors.

it may suck the commentators don't currently know the game but it will be cool to hear them grow as they learn it :)

Benson doesnt do the basic shit as a caster. Use the breaks to prepare at least your intro/next talking point. He just looks like hes thinking of stuff to talk about on the fly. This is a guy who has casted for years.

Funny, maybe if people actually streamed outside of EG then the broadcasters would have a little bit more knowledge. Until that happens were stuck with this.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This community has a nasty habit of going on witch hunts. Apparently Benson and Che Chou are the current targets.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This community has a nasty habit of going on witch hunts. Apparently Benson and Che Chou are the current targets.

It's almost like people care about the competitive Halo or something, weird.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Funny, maybe if people actually streamed outside of EG then the broadcasters would have a little bit more knowledge. Until that happens were stuck with this.

:/

• Upvote (+1) 9

What if T2 and elamite both come back and no life this game? I feel like elamite is the most underrated player in Halo tbh.  The guy was in the finals of like 70% of all Halo 3 events.  Think about that, in Halo 3 alone he was in 11 finals out of the 17 events.  When he was dedicated he was an amazing player (obviously he always had amazing teams as well such as str8 and instinct).

aside from str8, what team was he on?

No its called pointing out flaws.

Benson is a poor caster.

Che is clearly out of his depth as esports lead.

Lol what, I see at least 3-5 players on daily that aren't EG.

You can only fake liking the series so much. If you care about your craft you study up on it, especially as a caster. There's VoD, Halo Wikis, Beyond forums, HCS stats, etc to learn from.

Stop giving these guys excuses for their lack of care.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Benson doesnt do the basic shit as a caster. Use the breaks to prepare at least your intro/next talking point. He just looks like hes thinking of stuff to talk about on the fly. This is a guy who has casted for years.

I'd rather just have someone that knows what they're talking about cast what I'm watching. Like these guys I doubt will ever be able to give knowledge like one of the ex pro halo castors.

Have these casters played Halo 5? or atleast enough to talk about strats lol?  "If you can control pit you get overshield and if you control outside and pit its ganna be really hard for the other team to come back cuz they cant just get in there and slay." .... Ok i guess?

But guys... That other guy is wearing a Final Boss shirt.  :lxthul:

No, but seriously. This is not the level of Halo casting I was expecting from MLG. I expected it from Benson, sure. But MLG... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Justus tweeted out Commonly's and Nemmassist's streams earlier. 

Not sure if #intel or not

:intel: That looks like intel to me

• Upvote (+1) 1

But guys... That other guy is wearing a Final Boss shirt.  :lxthul:

No, but seriously. This is not the level of Halo casting I was expecting from MLG. I expected it from Benson, sure. But MLG... 

Both are doing play-by-play and neither one is doing color commentary so it's pretty boring.  Most likely because they don't actually know the maps, spawns or strats well enough to say anything outside of what's literally on the screen.  Even if they don't know those well, they could at least say something about the players and their play style or history, but they might not know that either.

yeah you're not wrong :( 

decided to checkout Benson's games played for h5 he has played a fair amount of the game :D i have faith he will figure out the commentary side of it :)

I guess I don't know what I expected but relax. It's their first time casting Halo. It's a pretty small online GB tourney. It's likely to occur often. I you've followed COD, MLG casted all weekly 10Ks in a very similar fashion. Chances are they will learn the game very well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wouldn't say these guys are on the same level of witch hunting as Billy and Brad. Why settle for less than perfect?

I have nothing against the casters. I just really dislike it when two people both do play by play casting. They are both saying what is happening on screen. That's it. There's no depth.This was a big problem for me with the HCS at first. Bravo has really stepped up and gradually started to get into the color commentary role. Goldenboy play by play with Bravo doing color is perfect. It's not a witch hunt against these guys, it's more or less constructive criticism. They need to discuss the strategies, the players, the teams, etc.

But yeah, these guys can obviously only go up from here. I'm sure Benson will learn more about the game over time.

• Upvote (+1) 4