CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He was just a negative image for Halo at that time.

He really wasnt though.

He lacked any kind of intiative or business sense. He should have expanded on the Str8 Rippin name and turned it into a big brand/organisation over the years.

He really wasnt though.

He lacked any kind of intiative or business sense. He should have expanded on the Str8 Rippin name and turned it into a big brand/organisation over the years.

Guess I'm the only who thought he was a negative image.

However I do agree with you, if the TSM offer was real, then yeah he messed that up so hard.

Guess I'm the only who thought he was a negative image.

However I do agree with you, if the TSM offer was real, then yeah he messed that up so hard.

No I meant that the Str8 Rippin brand should have been turned into a real brand/organisation years ago. Already had the sponsors and networking in place, now its dead.

On other regions, they have removed Taiwan and Korea having their own qualifiers, and just made it a general Asia tournament. China still has its own tournaments for some reason.

Mexico has 60 on their ladder

LAN has 4, LAS has two.

None for Middle east

Two for South Africa.

Honestly surprised they even have a Middle East thing going on. I never recalled the ME having a scene or even a relatively decent player/team. the only games I know they're active in the ME is FGs and I assume dota/LoL but yea they should have really researched the scene worldwide :\

No I meant that the Str8 Rippin brand should have been turned into a real brand/organisation years ago. Already had the sponsors and networking in place, now its dead.

Ah. Gotcha.

Yeah, at that time in H2A Tsquared was STILL one of the biggest names in Halo. With his reputation and connections he could have easily molded Str8 Rippin into a successful org. Allegiance is a perfect example that with the right people on board, you can easily start up on an org. Not to discredit the work put in by Allegiance's owner, just saying T2 could have done the same thing if he wanted to.

Clip from Buk20 this weekend at i56! In case you guys didn't know there is a LAN going on in Britain, loser's finals between Infused (Riotz, Rami, Chalkie, TuFoxy) vs Barrage (Snakey, Flamez, Godshot, Vard) are about to start!

Winners of that series play Epsilon (Jimbo, Snipedrone, Buk20, Buk57) in the grand finals! 

Bracket: https://widget.toornament.com/tournaments/5662dd1e150ba0cc4b8b466e/stages/2?_locale=en_GB

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, at that time in H2A Tsquared was STILL one of the biggest names in Halo. With his reputation and connections he could have easily molded Str8 Rippin into a successful org. Allegiance is a perfect example that with the right people on board, you can easily start up on an org. Not to discredit the work put in by Allegiance's owner, just saying T2 could have done the same thing if he wanted to.

Yeah Im talking bigger than Allegiance (and lets be honest, they are a new org, id wait before we decide if they are any good/sustainable). Str8 was the biggest name in Halo at one point with some serious sponsors in place, they were in place to have the resources to be as big as any org in 2009-2011.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who does not want T2 to come back?

ONLY because of how negative and cranky he got during H2A. He said a lot of bad things about the game and players in HCS. He was just a negative image for Halo at that time.

If he isn't going to put 100% into the game and wanting to win, then I could honestly care less if he came back. Not trying to sound like a hardo in saying that but if anyone wants to take HCS serious and actually compete to win an event, you need to fully dedicate yourself as you once did in years past. We've seen the teams & players that do that now and those that don't - and the results show. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

When T2 retired didn't he have a big stream where he claimed the majority of Halo pros are using adderall?

When T2 retired didn't he have a big stream where he claimed the majority of Halo pros are using adderall?

Hardly an uncommon opinion

• Upvote (+1) 4

So Ive been out the loop of the whole halo competitive scene. Why are there radars, plasma rifles, AR starts and fuel rod cannons on competitive maps?

These things werent in the past, so why now? Kinda makes the game noobie. Especially with how good literally every gun in this game is.

Did you say KINDA makes it noobie?

Honestly surprised they even have a Middle East thing going on. I never recalled the ME having a scene or even a relatively decent player/team. the only games I know they're active in the ME is FGs and I assume dota/LoL but yea they should have really researched the scene worldwide :\

I disagree, I've played numerous tournaments in the ME during my time there. The scene there died down after H3 like the others, but I still see some raw talent from there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree, I've played numerous tournaments in the ME during my time there. The scene there died down after H3 like the others, but I still see some raw talent from there. 

Oh really? Nice, guess I was wrong. Hope some good teams sign up there

Just the one team signed up to a pre qualifier cup though.

What if T2 and elamite both come back and no life this game? I feel like elamite is the most underrated player in Halo tbh.  The guy was in the finals of like 70% of all Halo 3 events.  Think about that, in Halo 3 alone he was in 11 finals out of the 17 events.  When he was dedicated he was an amazing player (obviously he always had amazing teams as well such as str8 and instinct).

No, this guy is "I Dodge Bullets". He's from Georgia. He's infamous for sitting back and relaxing against Evil Geniuses. 

a smart balance would be best. [the nadeshot way] but i dont see the irony or comedy in people on these forums having different opinions...what am i missing? im just not very critical of other people - other fans are just harsh af towards who they follow, lol.

That was the funniest thing from h2a, when the camera went to that guy just chilling like 20 feet back from the monitor with his foot up. Does anyone have a video of it, I wanna see it again.