CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Breakout Arena is hands down better than regular breakout. I don't know if its the maps or the settings, but it plays way better and flag pulls and scores are way more common. Would much rather see it in HCS.

In regards to Benson, why not just give the dude a chance? Yeah he probably knows little about Halo but he can learn. I could not give 2 shits about the drama with TB. If he sucks, he sucks.

Yep, agreed. Just from watching, its so good.

BUT:

1) Still need a better objective (bomb or flag assault, rotate sides)

2) More power weapons on maps, specifically the sniper and hydra, rocket launcher is a bit weird, rounds are too short and its a death trap. 1 sniper each side on some maps would be okay, but the sniper needs to be fixed/made more difficult/less clunky (tldr: more power weapons)

3) No radar (is there radar? If so, take it out asap, that's the point of the mode)

4) Truth needs to be taken out, its a bit weird for a breakout map. Even Regret plays somewhat better because of the cover/lanes. All other maps seem okay but like I said earlier, we need better power weapons on 'em. 

Will have a detailed write up w/ feedback when I get around to playing this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3. We really need an OFFICIAL HCS show every week. Have Bravo and some of the pro team guys talk about how teams are doing, scrim results, ladder matches, events, whatever. Bring on guests via call, voice or video. Players, personalities, etc.

Isn't this what @@throoper does on his hcs now show? And @@Computer did on his show as well. Might have the shows mixed up, but I think both of them do this sort of thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't this what @@throoper does on his hcs now show? And @@Computer did on his show as well. Might have the shows mixed up, but I think both of them do this sort of thing.

They are not the same caliber (no disrespect intended, this new show will look a lot more professional, well because it is, these guys will be getting paid so the production will be substantially better)

Yep, agreed. Just from watching, its so good.

BUT:

1) Still need a better objective (bomb or flag assault, rotate sides)

2) More power weapons on maps, specifically the sniper and hydra, rocket launcher is a bit weird, rounds are too short and its a death trap. 1 sniper each side on some maps would be okay, but the sniper needs to be fixed/made more difficult/less clunky (tldr: more power weapons)

3) No radar (is there radar? If so, take it out asap, that's the point of the mode)

4) Truth needs to be taken out, its a bit weird for a breakout map. Even Regret plays somewhat better because of the cover/lanes. All other maps seem okay but like I said earlier, we need better power weapons on 'em.

Will have a detailed write up w/ feedback when I get around to playing this weekend.

Yep has radar which is odd to me. Still plays better than reg with radar though which means it should be no contest on which is better without radar.

Until we get more gametypes, how about a rotating flag (each round) that spawns at the attacking teams base and acts as a bomb (no plant time obviously). Cap point would be mid map where the flag spawns are currently. That way it's a relatively quick cap so it forces the action and I think we would see a pretty good mix of flag wins and elimination wins.

If it goes to last round, flag spawns in middle, or both teams get a flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya we always knew a high budget show would come along and copy everything we have been doing sooner or later. We have also talked to @throoper about teaming up and doing a show together as well. I still think that shows like throopers and mine will be much more grounded to what is going on in the community then some randos that pretend to like Halo because they are paid to.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What happened to Z, assuming this is the same Z from h2forum

lol.... okay so get this

he was smart enough to buy up a bunch of domains back in the day, so he sold and bought those for a while 

then he struck gold with some shady pyramid scheme website called 1800banners

he has a few ventures, i'm also 99% sure he used to wholesale condoms and tobacco products

i only know all this because i remember the guys real name lol, i looked him up a few months ago

• Upvote (+1) 3

Awesome to hear. While you're at it, grab a TSM sponsor so we can all die happy, k thanks.

Or hit up hecs and tell him to drop current roster ang grab your team. Lol nah just messin
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So what do the pros think of Arena breakout so far? 

I am gonna guess teams like TL won't like it, but teams like CLG will. 

Hint: One of those teams is really good at the OG breakout and loves it. The other is not very good. 

I really dislike "Arena Breakout" the maps and radar don't play well imo, and 1 on 2/3/4's are nearly impossible against a good team. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really dislike "Arena Breakout" the maps and radar don't play well imo, and 1 on 2/3/4's are nearly impossible against a good team.

It's just as impossible when you're by yourself against a good team in regular Breakout. It's Halo. Numbers win if you have half a brain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eden Arena Breakout spawns need to be fixed though.

Blue team gets free rockets every round.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, then look at is as 'first kill wins' (except the definite possibility of a comeback)... I do agree with radar sucking, tho

Aside from the tweets about beyond, Benson is hands down the worst cod caster in that scene, He screams a lot and tends to really over do his reactions to half-decent plays. Most of his commentary consists of cringeworthy jokes rather than telling the viewers what's actually going on on the map. He struggles with his game knowledge in cod so I'm really not looking forward to him casting halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Aside from the tweets about beyond, Benson is hands down the worst cod caster in that scene, He screams a lot and tends to really over do his reactions to half-decent plays. Most of his commentary consists of cringeworthy jokes rather than telling the viewers what's actually going on on the map. He struggles with his game knowledge in cod so I'm really not looking forward to him casting halo.

Lol when i read this I laugh cause back when Sundace would commentate games, every time someone would get a headshot he'd go nuts. He always had that high pitched "oh" or "woah"

We lost to Daytona in LBR Semis Game 5 bo5 Eden slayer bc blue team gets free snipe and high spawn. And of course Frosty got the snipe and went like 19-4 or something gay like that

We lost to Daytona in LBR Semis Game 5 bo5 Eden slayer bc blue team gets free snipe and high spawn. And of course Frosty got the snipe and went like 19-4 or something gay like that

They don't get free snipe if the LR player plays it correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They don't get free snipe if the LR player plays it correctly.

Yeah I know that now but I didn't at the time because it was like my third time playing it haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Noble are scheduled to play the current winterfox lineup on the gamebattles ladder in a couple minutes.

Noble are scheduled to play the current winterfox lineup on the gamebattles ladder in a couple minutes.

which is?

Eden Arena Breakout spawns need to be fixed though.

Blue team gets free rockets every round.

Rig Breakout isn't working well for blue team either. Red team spawns br tower, and blue spawns carbine. Blue team is on defense the moment the game starts pretty much.

• Upvote (+1) 1