CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Gamechanger boys! The game is evolving.

That was some of the lamest shit in Halo ive ever watched. I can't stand that you can fly around maps like that.

Anyways, Lots of new teams forming, and im still in search for a serious coaching position, if anyone is looking. You'll like what i have to say.

If nothing soon. Anyone looking for a f/a, hit me up. Just recovering from having wisdom teeth pulled, but I'll be on the grind hard come Monday... like hard.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 14

On the flag run clip.. Cant you throw the flag with all that momentum. Cuz doing the groundpound/stablelizer is pretty risky.

Look at how fast you go mid air.. I say you can but Im about to test it.

Theyre gonna somehow come out and tell us its working as intended even though we havent seen it before today.

Optic Gaming Halo 5 Preseason Stats

#OpticLivesMatter

Flamesword:

X0Cwk9X.png

Assault:

VLUfIKu.png

Maniac:

IU0uPz6.png

Stellur:

ct0RxF8.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't like to talk about the AGLs but I believe he won 2 or 3 of those.

Nah he was consistently meh at AGLs

3/4th place at everything when really Top 5-6 was all that was impressive. I think he placed 2nd with Ace/Dersky/Enable at AGL7 but obviously that isn't the current roster.

Nah he was consistently meh at AGLs

3/4th place at everything when really Top 5-6 was all that was impressive. I think he placed 2nd with Ace/Dersky/Enable at AGL7 but obviously that isn't the current roster.

He won the AGL event that was after Cbus 2012 I believe. There wasn't much competition there though.

I'm looking forward to seeing teams play on Overgrowth when it comes out next week.

Also, I just realized that placing Top 8 at NA Regionals not only gives you a chance at the $50,000 for Regionals, but your team automatically makes $20,000 for placing Top 16 at HWC  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm looking forward to seeing teams play on Overgrowth when it comes out next week.

Also, I just realized that placing Top 8 at NA Regionals not only gives you a chance at the $50,000 for Regionals, but your team automatically makes $20,000 for placing Top 16 at HWC  :lxthul:

At this point I don't even know if Optic will make top 8.

Top 6 (of stable teams) is looking like CLG, EG, TL, nV, Crowd Pleasers, & Noble. 

Then you have the remnants of WFX/C9/eLevate which should create solid squads, and Allegiance...

Yeah at the very least, seeing as the crowdfunding is still going on. Pretty nice reward for making Top8 in NA.

Woah, top 16 gets paid at HWC? IMO, there's not even remotely enough competition to justify that.  

Imagine if only top 8 was paid out.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Woah, top 16 gets paid at HWC? IMO, there's not even remotely enough competition to justify that.  

Money talks brah

The 343 pro team don't even play this game a lot online. 

They're probably one of the best teams too if they were allowed to compete. 

At this point I don't even know if Optic will make top 8.

Top 6 (of stable teams) is looking like CLG, EG, TL, nV, Crowd Pleasers, & Noble. 

Then you have the remnants of WFX/C9/eLevate which should create solid squads, and Allegiance...

Yup. We don't even have 16 teams on the front page and there are definitely some Ladder Warriors that are just going to show up and turn up for Regionals and Qualifiers. Current OpTic will make it to Regionals (Top 16) but will not be making HWC (T8) 

Yeah, I would be interested in seeing Top 8 paid out :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. We don't even have 16 teams on the front page and there are definitely some Ladder Warriors that are just going to show up and turn up for Regionals and Qualifiers. Current OpTic will make it to Regionals (Top 16) but will not be making HWC (T8) 

Yeah, I would be interested in seeing Top 8 paid out :/

The more that are paid the better. Keeps teams competing and the competitive scene alive when more people get paid. Can you imagine how few people would play poker if there were 1,000 person tournaments and only 8 were paid?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Each 9-16 team makes 1% of the prize pool, for qualifying.

80% is divided among top 4. (1st 40, 2nd 20, 3rd/4th 10 each)

5th-8th get 12% (3% each), and 9th-16th get 8% (1% each).

why is that?

Because it has nothing to do with HWC. Belongs in the general Halo 5 thread, along with all the other daily negative posts.

Theyre gonna somehow come out and tell us its working as intended even though we havent seen it before today.

Really? How does "working as intended" and being discovered 1st day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, or whatever have to do with each other? You know some tricks aren't discovered until years later right? Just because people didn't figure it out day 1 doesn't mean the physics engines and abilities aren't working as they should.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there are definitely some Ladder Warriors that are just going to show up and turn up for Regionals and Qualifiers.

g1337161229999523628.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would have love to see a 32 team World Champ instead of 16. Payouts could remain the same only paying out the top 16 teams but expanding the talent pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The more that are paid the better. Keeps teams competing and the competitive scene alive when more people get paid. Can you imagine how few people would play poker if there were 1,000 person tournaments and only 8 were paid?

Using poker isn't really the best analogy, but ok.

Top 1,000 of the 6,420 entrants in the 2015 main event cashed, or 15%. This is even after the majority ponied up $10k first. How many teams are in the final HWC pool? 32? So basically top 4 teams would get paid.

8 would have been the sweet spot, given the state this game is in. I understand the exposure and incentivization aspect for having 16, but it's pretty watered down to what amounts to a prize for showing up once you get to a certain point.  

If anyones ever looking for sometime to run arena with hmu. Can't stand random teammates anymore and I have no friends.

GT - Pick6 YYZ