CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

because the way MLG has control over the CoD League. Forcing all tournaments to be streamed via mlg.tv

I think 343 wants more control over their league. Which I think is a better idea.

Sounds more like you didn't expect MLG to be with twitch & youtubegaming, and not ESL and MLG, as ESL does the CoD gamescom tourneys and they both do CS:GO, DOTA 2, etc. tourneys.

What do you mean by zero support? That seems like a huge slap in the face to all the sponsors that sponsored all these 65 tournaments. Not to mention a huge slap to the players/customers that attended and sold out a majority of your events.

Obviously having two gaming companies involved in Halo E-Sports is a good thing, so Ill leave it alone.

Pretty sure he meant zero developer/publisher support. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question is if HCS and HWS is the same thing, but then why did they announce HWS as HWS and then keep HCS, makes it kind of confusing.

Halo World Championship might be the equivalent of the MLG "National Championship" at the end of the year but with brackets seeded by ESL events, a stream produced by MLG, and shown live on Twitch and YouTube Gaming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Publisher support. I.e. we paid out the prizes and funded the events. Don't try to twist it into something I did not say. In any case, I'm stoked to have the opportunity to operate Halo again.

810245367024065170.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does that mean... 

Does this mean we can see THE FINAL BOSS IN HALO AGAIN?

I just want a black Final Boss T-Shirt. That's it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can't believe this! Now that MLG and ESL are together things are looking bright. Halo 5 is going to be amazing!

everyone should tweet asking about what percentage of REQ pack purchases to the prize pool

too excite, can't english

I don't think I'll ever be happy with 343's current or future vision of competitive Halo, but at least they're taking it and running with it as a fully supported e-sport. This money is huge and it should draw a lot of people in who want a shot at some big change. I really miss watching an open bracket and looking for am upsets. I didn't see it mentioned, but is this an invitational?

@ can you help run a $1,000,000 shadowrun tournament next? maybe some weekly ones?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just so you guys know, the prize pool will be over $1,000,000 because I have $35 on my XBL account that is going directly to prize funding REQ packs on October 27th ;)

I don't think I'll ever be happy with 343's current or future vision of competitive Halo, but at least they're taking it and running with it as a fully supported e-sport. This money is huge and it should draw a lot of people in who want a shot at some big change. I really miss watching an open bracket and looking for am upsets. I didn't see it mentioned, but is this an invitational?

The tournament this Friday is invitational as far as i know. No idea about other HCS future events though. I'd imagine there will be open brackets. 

Definitely worth coming out of the lurk cave to express how my face has melted off with excitement!  Wasn't planning on dropping much coin on H5 accessories, but that may change if it helps the prize pools.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never liked that COD Champs happened so early in the year. I feel like the structure should be:

Quarter 1 - Mid Quarter 4 = Season(s) of intense competition

End of Quarter 4 = The top seeded teams from the year compete for $1MILL. 

Having a huge tournament at the beginning of the year makes everything that happens after it seem... deflated. Hopefully 343/Microsoft share similar thoughts for the HCS.

I think they do it near launch to get holiday peeps to buy the game. Not the best competition but really boosts the # of people interested in the competitive scene.

Did they change the name of the league? Is it HCS or HWC? 

HCS is the league, HWC is an event

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. After CoD Champs the CoD Community kind enters into getting ready for the next game and interest goes down in the current game.

I think this is an advantage that Halo is in that the game has longer life cycles. We will probably be playing halo 5 for 2.5 years.

Whereas even if Black Ops 3 is good its gonna get 9-10 months of max play and then marketing and hype starts for the next CoD game.

Yeah with Halo's life cycle, we could see well over $3,000,000 in prizes given out during the span of the game...  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I couldn't be happier about all of this! Piece by piece we're building something extraordinary.

:D

You and Puckett bro, lets do it... I feel like I litterally cant express how Im feeling. This is Amazing! :weback:

We NEED the Puckett and Walshy combo in the booth at EVERY HCS event. This MUST happen.

• Upvote (+1) 8