CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thank you for this. These lists of pointlessness were annoying and spammy.

I just want this post to be re-read and bumped. We can start making dumb lists after the first LAN event.

The Season REALLY begins on December 20th. There are five 1k tournaments that seed a $50k LAN. They are going to say a lot about the Top 16 NA Teams, and eventually Top 8 for Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Season REALLY begins on December 20th. There are five 1k tournaments that seed a $50k LAN. They are going to say a lot about the Top 16 NA Teams, and eventually Top 8 for Worlds.

Stop. Only LANs matter :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like people just get salty over power rankings because their favorite team isn't #1. These are Power rankings every sport has them in some form. Go on ESPN and check the NFL power rankings, the fluctuate immensely. They are based on current data and can easily change with an injury, bad los, or ugly win. Same thing applies here. Most people had CLG outside the top 5 a week ago, now they look like a top 2 team. Next week Optic could be the best looking team. It's just a way to represent how teams are playing RIGHT NOW. Not a prediction of the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like people just get salty over power rankings because their favorite team isn't #1. These are Power rankings every sport has them in some form. Go on ESPN and check the NFL power rankings, the fluctuate immensely. They are based on current data and can easily change with an injury, bad los, or ugly win. Same thing applies here. Most people had CLG outside the top 5 a week ago, now they look like a top 2 team. Next week Optic could be the best looking team. It's just a way to represent how teams are playing RIGHT NOW. Not a prediction of the future.

C'mon now, let's be realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 5

C'mon now, let's be realistic.

It could very well happen. Flamesword could join up with Cloud, Hysteria and Victory X and form a solid squad.

snip

Yeah, whoever runs @HCS_Leaks already mentioned Spartan = CuppyCake (granted, Spartan didn't really hide it that well with that tweet of his of a picture of CuppyCake).

They've also said Arkanum ran games with OpTic on an alt earlier this week, but Arkanum denies it.

They seem awfully focused on what WFX players are doing, so I'm pretty sure the person who runs the account is one of the two Ryans. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, whoever runs @HCS_Leaks already mentioned Spartan = CuppyCake (granted, Spartan didn't really hide it that well with that tweet of his of a picture of CuppyCake).

They've also said Arkanum ran games with OpTic on an alt earlier this week, but Arkanum denies it.

They seem awfully focused on what WFX players are doing, so I'm pretty sure the person who runs the account is one of the two Ryans. :)

My money's on Randa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'd be cool we could work out a point system or something. Give teams a set amount of points based on their current power ranking.

Let's say #1 team has 50 points and they play #3 team who has 40. #3 team wins an 11 game scrim against #1 team 7-4. Subtract 3 (series difference) from team that lost and add original difference (10) plus series difference (3)to team that won (13 total), so now #1 team is #2 at 47 points and #3 is #1 at 53 points. If #1 team had won then you would add series difference to their total and subtract series difference from losing team.

Obviously this would work better with a round robin set schedule. Still would be cool to see how it plays out.

More Clear Example:

#1 Team - 50 points

#2 Team - 46 points

#3 Team - 40 points

#1 and #3 scrim

Score is 4-7 (difference of 3)

#1 team loses 3 points and now sits at 47

#3 team gains 13 points and now sits at 53 points.

New rankings are

#1 (formerly 3) - 53 points

#2 (formerly 1) - 47 points

#3 (formerly 2) - 46 points

Scrims would be worth less than tournaments

Edit: maybe the full difference in an upset is too much. Half would be more accurate I think. So 5+3 rather than 10+3 in a series vs two teams with a 10 point difference.

In that case new ranking would be

#1 (formerly 3) - 48 points

#2 (formerly 1) - 47 points

#3 (formerly 2) - 46 points

This would help eliminate situations where an upset win jumps a team to #1 from #10 or a position where they are a considerable amount of points back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really enjoy these power rankings and when people give their reasoning for the rankings..gives me some perspective as a casual. Please don't stop.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stop. Only LANs matter :kappa:

I get your sarcasm, but honestly that is how it should be. You use the NBA, NHL, etc. as examples. To continue that analogy, these scrims are the preseason, which no one cares about. In an ideal case, LAN stats would be all that mattered. 

That being said, LAN events are few and far between. In sports leagues regular season games are frequent, unlike Halo. I do support and appreciate your effort to track these stats. However, if there was a LAN event every week, then the community would care FAR less about these scrims. 

I get your sarcasm, but honestly that is how it should be. You use the NBA, NHL, etc. as examples. To continue that analogy, these scrims are the preseason, which no one cares about. In an ideal case, LAN stats would be all that mattered.

That being said, LAN events are few and far between. In sports leagues regular season games are frequent, unlike Halo. I do support and appreciate your effort to track these stats. However, if there was a LAN event every week, then the community would care FAR less about these scrims.

Your analogy is off tho. Scrims are about equal to ladder. They're more like regular season in sports because they're regular. Preseason in most sports is trying not to get injured, trimming the fat off a roster, etc. The regular season is a prep for the playoffs. Nothing can be learned in preseason of sports because it's different players than will be playing during the season. Scrims are the same players playing the same gametypes they will be all season.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's just a way to represent how teams are playing RIGHT NOW. Not a prediction of the future.

There are some people that don't seem to get this though. Otherwise almost everyone should have CLG as #1 on their power rankings because there are definitely the best performing team RIGHT NOW but yet people are still putting Liquid as #1 based on their performances from weeks ago.    

Seeing the posts talking about power rankings in this thread is 10x better than scrolling through all the shit posting in the halo 5 discussion thread.

Have you pre-ordered Halo 6 yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You act like College Football doesn't pre-season rank their teams based entirely off rosters and past performances.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You act like College Football doesn't pre-season rank their teams based entirely off rosters and past performances.

Same with every other sport honestly. There are always favorites going into the next season

Lol they do, and guess what? No one takes it seriously.

Edit: I love the stat-keeping happening. I am just saying if there were common LANs then no one would care about them.

I finally grinded out 80k RP, and my friend hits me up with a $15 microsoft card. I bought the pack instead so I could put money into the prize pool. You're welcome. :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol they do, and guess what? No one takes it seriously.

Tell that to the SEC schools that only drop 2 places when they lose because Georgia was pre-season top 10 for yet another season under Richt even though we all know they're going to lose 4 fucking games.

Tell that to the SEC schools that only drop 2 places when they lose because Georgia was pre-season top 10 for yet another season under Richt even though we all know they're going to lose 4 fucking games.

You're only re-enforcing my point that no one takes it seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1