CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not sure if this has been said yet, but FiS just told Ninja that 50% of REQ pack sales go towards crowdfunding. Definitely a lot higher percentage than I thought it would be.

No idea if FiS is actually in the know or just made that number up... just thought I woud remind folks about this.

Spartan talking in his stream about some "sketchy moves" that are about to go down. Could be joking, though. Just joined.

Puckett has left MLG, casting CoD full time. Goodbye Halo casting.

This makes me very sad and very happy. Christ Puckett played a huge roll in my love for eSports and will forever be one of my favorite Halo figureheads, even though he hasn't cast the game in years. 

Sad to see him leave MLG, but it makes me happy to see him moving forwards. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Spartan talking in his stream about some "sketchy moves" that are about to go down. Could be joking, though. Just joined.

With how they have been doing in scrims, I would not be surprised. Spartan is the best on his squad though, and I hope he finds a good team (assuming some shady stuff does go down).

• Upvote (+1) 2

So buying more than 1 HCS REQ pack gives you more skins? I was under the impression that the one pack gave you the armor, helmet, emblem, and pistol and AR skins and that was it.

So buying more than 1 HCS REQ pack gives you more skins? I was under the impression that the one pack gave you the armor, helmet, emblem, and pistol and AR skins and that was it.

Subsequent purchases give you random cosmetic items from rare upwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is only one hcs set of skins and you get it when you buy the pack. The 343 skins I was talking about earlier are if you already have everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is it only available for the weekend tho?

That's how they've done all the playlists. The popular ones will supposedly stick around. That's what they're telling us anyways.

Why is it only available for the weekend tho?

To make it more desirable. People will "have to have it!".

Which tbh I'd rather have these new young up and comers anyway. Sure it may have been cool to see some old faces like Bman, SK, Legit, Clutch, or T2 come back but lets be real none of those guys would have put in that much effort and would only be a shell of their former selves. I'd honestly prefer to have players like Frosty, El Town, Unlegit, Suspector, Shooter, Spartan, etc. move up the ranks onto better teams who are willing to grind this game out and get better than to have old pros come back and play the minimum amount that gets them a mediocre placing. That may just be me though. 

Mackeo has 8 days of playtime. He is ready to grind. I think he has the time to comeback & he looks dedicated enough.

Top 4 teams from NA compete in Pools with other Region Teams, the last pool is the bottom 4 NA Teams

I read that the most teams from each place can only be 2 per pool then I read that the last 4 play eachother I think that's kind of dumb should be 2 na per pool so that it accurately seeds them for top 8

Revealing the HCS % would in turn reveal their REQ Pack sales and profit, which they obviously don't want to do. 

No sense in pestering, not going to happen IMO

Why  not ?  Valve has NO problem doing this, very crystal clear communication between devs and community in every single aspect fo the game, 343i SHOULD aspire to be like them and treat the game like Vale treats both CS and Dota2.

Wasnt Hastro arguing that there was far more deserving teams? More of a popularity contest?

HOLY SHIT

the award for optic is fan voted. many argued that it should have gone to Fnatic b/c CoD not that competitive. i kinda agree. should have gone to an org with multiple teams in the different eSports

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, congrats to Optic, but I think all the other teams were more deserving. And honestly the award should be "Best eSports Org"

• Upvote (+1) 1