CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you get all of it guaranteed or is it only like a couple of them each time you buy till you get them all?

You're guaranteed the hcs stuff with the first purchase. Roy had most rares already unlocked so when he bought another pack he got 343 skins.

Do you guys really give that much of shit about the percentage?

Publisher gives $1m to prizepool alone, obviously the events / structure will cost a fucking bomb on top of that. They introduce a way for people to chip in to the prize pool and then keep developing on it to increase the prize pool. As if you're not going to buy it anyway to support, it's got fuck all to do with the 'value' of the product, they're cosmetic items in a game.

Can I buy one for someone else in a legit way? I don't own an xb1 so it'll just be sat on my account doing nothing.

Personally I don't care WHAT the percent is, but that it is a static percentage that does not change no matter how big the prize pool gets. I'd hate for the prize pool to be getting 25% of the REQ pack and now they're like DAMN it's already up to $1.7M? Maybe we can be a little more greedy and now take 90% of the req purchase instead of 75%... nobody will know.

If the % was public maybe people would get more excited about the crowd funding aspect

Like most other esports, Dota for example has a live crowd funding counter

• Upvote (+1) 1

where did you get 30% from?

Just a feeling, I mean the prize pool is sitting at $700k growth. How much do you think people have spent on Req packs? Id be surprised if it was over $3 million. It'd have to be able over $3 mil for anything lower than 25%.

Either way, the idea that it's some random number that PR pulled out of their ass is hilarious. I doubt they have 700k lying around to randomly throw at HCS in the name of PR.

Do you guys really give that much of shit about the percentage?

Publisher gives $1m to prizepool alone, obviously the events / structure will cost a fucking bomb on top of that. They introduce a way for people to chip in to the prize pool and then keep developing on it to increase the prize pool. As if you're not going to buy it anyway to support, it's got fuck all to do with the 'value' of the product, they're cosmetic items in a game.

Can I buy one for someone else in a legit way? I don't own an xb1 so it'll just be sat on my account doing nothing.

I think most want to help out the scene and know where their money is going, nothing wrong with that. I think most are thankful for the efforts so far.

Not to directly compare it, but for me after the whole 8% Of NFL Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Merchandise Sales Goes Towards Actual Cancer Research in recent years has made me leery of every place I put my $ towards for a good cause. Again, I'm not saying this is MS or 343, but people like to be informed about their support and how it impacts what they donate.

Plus, I would love to tweet/promote it from my twitter with something like: 100% of proceeds go to help the #HWC pot in 2016! - url etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only 25% of Compendium sales go into Dota 2 International prizing. Just throwing that out there. I guess it's very possible that it's the same % here.

When was the last time we even heard about what the prize pool was at, over a week ago? I think the pool was probably already pretty close to, if not already at 2 million. Really wish there was a counter for it, or more frequent updates.

That would be super cool to have a webpage where you could constantly watch the prize pool growing. Someone with some clout should tweet that to the people at 343 that could make that extremely simple thing happen.

You mean like with milestones that unlock different prizes for the entire playerbase and/or viewerbase of the world championship stream?

I really wish we had some kind of precedent for 343 to go off of here.

And yes, DotA's split is 25 International, 75 Valve (Or in the case of other event runners selling packs, which also happens, it's 25 to that company, 75 Valve.  And that 25% usually goes entirely to prize pool.)

Valve also makes it clear that certain milestones will mean specific new begged-for features in the game... which would be a great morale boost for the Halo community if such a thing were being tracked with the HWC prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think most want to help out the scene and know where their money is going, nothing wrong with that. I think most are thankful for the efforts so far.

Not to directly compare it, but for me after the whole 8% Of NFL Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Merchandise Sales Goes Towards Actual Cancer Research in recent years has made me leery of every place I put my $ towards for a good cause. Again, I'm not saying this is MS or 343, but people like to be informed about their support and how it impacts what they donate.

Plus, I would love to tweet/promote it from my twitter with something like: 100% of proceeds go to help the #HWC pot in 2016! - url etc.

I think people are vastly overestimating the 'fairness' aspect of it.

DOTA2 compendiums are 25% of the money spent, CSGO has millions cycling monthly and has 3 $250k tournaments per year, Valve take 66.6% 50% of the team sticker money raised at CSGO majors (this might have changed in recent times EDIT; it has, now 50/50). If these figure was touted here for Halo prize pool people would be going bananas but it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that everyone gets paid and we get a sustainable environment (competitive and otherwise).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Revealing the HCS % would in turn reveal their REQ Pack sales and profit, which they obviously don't want to do. 

No sense in pestering, not going to happen IMO

• Upvote (+1) 1

Revealing the HCS % would in turn reveal their REQ Pack sales and profit, which they obviously don't want to do. 

No sense in pestering, not going to happen IMO

Not like it matters either. 700k in a month is what we know, this will help boost it by a decent amount, obviously.

The CoD league is MUCH better structured than Halo.

but then again CoD has 1 year with their game before they have to switch out.

We are probably gonna be with Halo 5 for at least 2 years.

Not like it matters either. 700k in a month is what we know, this will help boost it by a decent amount, obviously.

700k in release month.

I expect this month to drop to 400k or so, January to drop depressingly/worryingly low, then a slight boost in late February/March as tourney hype builds.

This month would be as bad as January if not for the existence of Christmas and Halo being a console game, and console kids relying on parents and Santa Claus for video games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CoD league is MUCH better structured than Halo.

but then again CoD has 1 year with their game before they have to switch out.

We are probably gonna be with Halo 5 for at least 2 years.

I hope we get a ww2 halo next year tbh :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, kinda sucks that NA Regionals will probably have a better talent pool than the finals. To be fair though we've seen some pretty good teams from Australia and EU in the past, and I'm glad they'll at least have a shot.

No doubt a EU and an Aussie team deserved a chance.. but I'd rather see the 9-16 teams have a chance at placing in the HWC as I think most of the global qualifiers are going to be way below average. 

Let's hope they don't do something stupid and have the NA teams on one side of the bracket, and the rest on the other. 

No doubt a EU and an Aussie team deserved a chance.. but I'd rather see the 9-16 teams have a chance at placing in the HWC as I think most of the global qualifiers are going to be way below average. 

Let's hope they don't do something stupid and have the NA teams on one side of the bracket, and the rest on the other. 

Top 4 teams from NA compete in Pools with other Region Teams, the last pool is the bottom 4 NA Teams

• Upvote (+1) 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh, for fuuuuuck sake, it never ends.

congrats to pucket