CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They are by far the best team.  They absolutely smash teams in Hardpoint/Uplink; they struggled with CTF for a few days but looked infinitely better just yesterday.  I think they went like 8-1 against coL (Parasite, Ricky, Mirx, Nameless) last night.

Its going to be a repeat of AW for OpTic: they'll place 1-2 pretty much all year.  They have zero weak-points on the team.  They just barely lost the finals of that invitational tournament with Formal having barely played the game; now he's looking like an absolute force again.

You realise the day before they lost against coL 5-6 in a BO9 wager when there was money on the line? Online means very little. It's quite naive to make outlandish claims like "Team X is the best team by far" when the game has been out for a month and a ruleset was only made a few days ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SO how do the qualifiers work is there a online tournament this weekend then a ladder or?

Ladder until January 16th

Qualifiers start December 20th and run for 5 weeks (outside of Christmas).

Ladder win = 5 Points

Tourney Win = 5,000 Points w/ Top 64 receiving points based on placing.

You realise the day before they lost against coL 5-6 in a BO9 wager when there was money on the line? Online means very little.

They only lost CTF and SND's the day before and basically smacked coL around in HP and Uplink.  A day later they beat coL in both CTF's.  CTF is the only gametype they have struggled in, and if you've been paying attention you'll find that a large majority of Pro's are calling for it to be removed because it is too campy in this game.

Online means very little? They were the best team online all last year and that carried over to every LAN wherein they basically made the Grand Finals of every tournament except CoD Champs.  Saying that they are the best team isn't naive at all; they've got a literal God Squad who are all dedicated...will they win every tournament? Probably not, but I wouldn't see this team placing out of the Top 3.  Too much gun talent, too much SMARTS, too much dedication, and too many players who just know what it takes to win.  None of these guys are magically going to suck at BO3.  If anything, Karma is much better at this game than he was at AW, and they were still winning wile carrying him around in that game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't Karma also really, really good in Blops 2 or is my intel wrong on that? 

He was a top Sniper in Blops 2 and probably a top 3 Sniper in whichever game came after it (Ghosts?)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would love to see Naded or Cloud on OpTiC  they need a beast player that grinds,Possible with naded grinding as much has he has said in his vlogs lately. I havent seen Vic x and Hysteria play lately maybe put them with Ryanoob and Arkanum.

Victory X & Hysteria are both grinding hard. I can assure you that. Look at their Halotracker stats of playtime. Hysteria is like a 90-something too.

Big change from the MLG days when all he did was troll.

wait

Well he was banned so its pretty hard to post :bman:

random fact: I almost got him unbanned when I became mod, tried my hardest to get him back on the mlg forums.

Wasn't Karma also really, really good in Blops 2 or is my intel wrong on that? 

He was.  People put too much emphasis on that, but I really think this team can have an even better year in BO3 than they did last year in AW.  Its going to take more smarts to play this game (unless Activision completely botches the settings) which is why I think their advantage over other teams will be even greater in this game.

Their skill-level is obvious once you note how consistently they absolutely dominate teams in Hardpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well he was banned so its pretty hard to post :bman:

random fact: I almost got him unbanned when I became mod, tried my hardest to get him back on the mlg forums.

Fun fact: I'm still banned from his chat because someone donated $70 to ban me :O 

Fucking Lxthul. ITS BEEN A WHOLE GAME ALREADY BRO, LET IT GO...

:lxthul:  :salt:  :cry:

• Upvote (+1) 1

your bail is $71 or until you serve your time

But it's a perma ban you sadistic fuck  :wutface:

Also, I'm 99% sure we could have gotten more money out of him  :ghost:

Whoever called Spartan the best on Winterfox (Sorry I can't find the post), I hope you know what your talking about. I think experience counts a lot & Arkanum has been playing for a long long while. Ryanoob is also a very smart player but he doesn't have the best aim. 

I am just fanboying Ryanoob but I think he is seriously a huge assest to any team he is on because of his OBJ skill (among other things like tactics & nerdy things).

Edit: What do I know though, I haven't analyzed them too hard. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

i just noticed the salty tweet from cloud about the CLG team change, real salty

I'd be pissed too if I was on the 2nd best team (according to Season 2 placings) and got dropped less than a week before qualifying begins.

I'd be pissed too if I was on the 2nd best team (according to Season 2 placings) and got dropped less than a week before qualifying begins.

Ya, it being less than a week before the ladder starts is why it really sucks for him, otherwise I wouldn't feel bad.