CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love how Frosty keeps moving up in terms of caliber of team (based on H2A placings). Elevate to C9/TD to CLG. What next, EG or nV?  :lxthul:

I asked who nVPancakeMan was and Mikwen responded with this?

#Intel? :(

Frosty makes sense then :)

Cloud playing with OpTic right now!?!?

That would be awesome if that happened. There was a very similar team back in H4 with Assault, Cloud, Maniac, and then Snakebite instead of Flame. Watching them scrim was probably the most enjoyment I've ever gotten from watching scrims. They would just make fun of each other and fuck around. Here's a video of said tom foolery

skip to 0:30 and beware headphone wearers

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like a custom game lobby with nV and OpTic (with Cloud) is forming. Will post scrim stats and scores below.

nV 8 - 1 OpTic

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, nV Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, nV Wins 50-43

Game 3 - Strongholds Eden, nV Wins 100-58

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Truth, nV Wins 3-1

Game 5 - Strongholds The Rig, nV Wins 100-65

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, nV Wins 3-2

Game 7 - Strongholds Plaza, OpTic Wins 100-99

Game 8 - Team Slayer Regret, nV Wins 50-45

Game 9 - Strongholds Empire, nV Wins 100-16

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Frosty does move on from the TFKA Cloud 9, then I would be Mr. Hysteria's attitude would have something to do with it.

Just in the few scrims/games I watched, it really brought the energy down, and you could tell Frosty's as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Frosty does move on from the TFKA Cloud 9, then I would be Mr. Hysteria's attitude would have something to do with it.

Just in the few scrims/games I watched, it really brought the energy down, and you could tell Frosty's as well.

Nah. While Hysteria does have a "whiny" attitude, I'm pretty sure it was mostly due to FiS and Victory not playing as much as Hysteria and Frosty. Also doesn't help when FiS nerd rages every time they lose a matchmaking game or scrim. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah. While Hysteria does have a "whiny" attitude, it was mostly due to FiS and Victory not playing as much as Hysteria and Frosty. Also doesn't help when FiS nerd rages every time they lose a matchmaking game or scrim. 

I can see that they didn't play enough, but I know FiS and Victory will get on the grind. While it is true that FiS has nerd rage, I would contend that Hysteria is the poster boy for nerd rage. I want so bad for Cloud 9 to do well, but man, that guy really brings my mood down. FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty is top 3 halo 5 player. CLG is a possible contender for top 2 now. 

i'd love that, but it'll be awhile before we know what's real. 

I can see that they didn't play enough, but I know FiS and Victory will get on the grind. While it is true that FiS has nerd rage, I would contend that Hysteria is the poster boy for nerd rage. I want so bad for Cloud 9 to do well, but man, that guy really brings my mood down. FeelsBadMan

Statistically, FIS has been one of the worst players in H5. Combine that with Hysteria's attitude and I can see why Frosty would love to go play with Snakebite (arguably the best player in H5) and the GOAT. Not to mention Royal 2, who's also a top 10 player.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This year, Frosty has gone from

Top 32 on Dark Matter at UGC St. Louis

to

Top 8 on Reality Check at G4G

to potentially being on CLG.

Meteoric rise.

Also, patting self on back for calling it 11 months ago when discussing potential eLevate rosters with Mao:

b84ead2c6a3e82bc04d4a611b849d84d.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

The way CLG and nV are playing right now and both dominating, I'd love to see them play each other after they finish. Or tomorrow. nV hasn't really faced difficult competition yet. Reality check, Winterfox (who has struggled early - Spartan needs a new team), and OpTic aren't exactly top caliber in this game.

Also, neither team is throwing breakout in the middle of their scrims like it will be in tournaments. Still think that needs to be stressed. It throws off a teams whole rhythm when it's placed in the middle of a series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think pancake man has the spot over me tbh :/ oh well

Pancake man is just a more inviting name honestly. Like who doesn't want a pancake man on their team?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The way CLG and nV are playing right now and both dominating, I'd love to see them play each other after they finish. Or tomorrow. nV hasn't really faced difficult competition yet. Reality check, Winterfox (who has struggled early - Spartan needs a new team), and OpTic aren't exactly top caliber in this game.

Also, neither team is throwing breakout in the middle of their scrims like it will be in tournaments. Still think that needs to be stressed. It throws off a teams whole rhythm when it's placed in the middle of a series.

We'll start breakout scrims when my family leaves, Grandmother is here and she's sleeping in the room right next to me so I'm getting off early until next monday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For people who are listening right now, hearing what Spartan is saying.

Like, holy shit. #Adapt

The whole stream is agreeing on radar and AR/auto starts. Rob just called the AR a pocket weapon.

This would be like the NBA moving the 3-point line to free throw distance and SIlver just screaming "ADAPT!" at everyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looked at Frosty's Beyond profile. 2gre was one of his latest visitors (this morning). Coincidence? I think not. 

@@CyReN green text this guy. Was on eX (top 8 H2A HCS S2).

Done.

Also, @ if you want a namechange to Frosty_ or something please PM me. @@Frosty is arleady taken though.

I haven't watched Optic much at all, not that they stream much it seems. So some questions.

• Has anyone really seen Flamesword stream H5, at all?
  • I'm curious what moves people think they could even make to get better or compete.
  • Also curious what people think of the 3 players on the team. Good/Bad.

My opinion is they missed out on an opportunity with a new game and a fresh start. I feel like they basically decided to do nothing and, frankly, suck.

This might sound crazy (like I said I haven't really seen much of his play) but I feel like they should have had Flamesword transition to a coach. I don't feel like he adds anything substantial to the team, just blah really. And I think he would be a quality coach. I feel like with two open spots they could have composed offers to fresh blood that were more interesting. They have the name recognition to sell themselves on. And I feel like saying to FA's, "we want you and this other guy to come in make Optic Halo a top team" would play better to people like Frosty/Unlegit/Randa. To be honest, Frost/Unlegit/Randa/Cloud are all players I'd replace anyone on Optic with if I was running that group. Maniac could probably compete but I don't know if it is the overall vibe of the team or his desire to move to CoD, but his head just doesn't seem into it enough from what I saw when he streamed to actually get better. I don't even know what to say about Assault.

Right now they are trying to replace Ace with players that frankly aren't as good as Ace (who looks very good at H5). It's like they don't get that the other 3 as a team is why Ace left and why they aren't very good.

• Upvote (+1) 2