CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its bittersweet seeing others talk about shadowrun that aren't me.. I just wish people still played it, but hopefully backwards compatibility will convince the people who often give it praise to stick around and get into the competitive scene.

Breakout is basically Extraction from Shadowrun, and what I had originally proposed before any OBJ was added was Attrition from Shadowrun. Shadowrun had a ton of factors for round based wins. OBJ wins and holds the highest weight > Slaying the entire team also wins but has less benefit than OBJ due to the money system > Kills Earned (when both teams are alive at the end of the round) and Money earned (when there are equal amounts of players alive on each team)

Obviously we can't do that here and the whole money factor involved in my opinion really creates the balance to SR, but ever since breakout was announced I though the OBJ was a bit shallow and I saw no real depth coming from it. The only negative thing I can think of involving round wins by holding the flag is the inevitable stalemate to flag rush before the round ends. It's kinda forced but it at least make the OBJ a higher priority. Right now stalemates don't really turn into attempted flag pulls. Theres no reason to since the enemy gets an indicator that you just picked it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly the first thing I did in a 1v1 in Breakout was grab the flag in the last second assuming it was the tie breaker like in SR. I was sorely wrong when all it said was tie lol

I always assumed that if the time ran out who even had more people alive on the team would win. Made since to me. I recently found out that you tie no matter what. 

Honestly the first thing I did in a 1v1 in Breakout was grab the flag in the last second assuming it was the tie breaker like in SR. I was sorely wrong when all it said was tie lol

It's honestly kinda upsetting for me that I'm playing with and helping so many shadowrun players only for them to tell me how much they dislike breakout. I only know of one high level SR player that actually looks forward to it but he has such a positive outlook on everything. I personally am enjoying it too but you'd think if there was any demographic of players who'd enjoy breakout, itd be SR. Nope..  :salt:

It's honestly kinda upsetting for me that I'm playing with and helping so many shadowrun players only for them to tell me how much they dislike breakout. I only know of one high level SR player that actually looks forward to it but he has such a positive outlook on everything. I personally am enjoying it too but you'd think if there was any demographic of players who'd enjoy breakout, itd be SR. Nope..  :salt:

I like Breakout but the gametype has a lot of problems with it in decent level of play. Way too many ties, maps are very linear, etc. The flag is unimportant unless you are up kills in the round. Comeback potential small unless you have BR and even then it's not a threat.

I still play Breakout when I'm searching alone. Only playlist where I'm not going insane when I run alone. I'm obsessed with 1 life gametypes a lot of times (SR, CoD SnD, etc) but I see a lot of problems with it as well

Cloud playing with OpTic right now!?!?

drop flame for me and get clutch to coach and we have our season 2 league of legends team back together. #OpTicLoL
  • Upvote (+1) 2

twitch.tv/throoper gogo interview is live

For people who are listening right now, hearing what Spartan is saying.

Like, holy shit. #Adapt

The whole stream is agreeing on radar and AR/auto starts. Rob just called the AR a pocket weapon.

Cloud playing with OpTic right now!?!?

It makes sense, doesn't he live a couple minutes away from the new optic house? 

i think if they reforged maps to be bigger and did like one bomb where you switched every round would be really cool and just like csgo... thoughts?

For Breakout I want full shields and no recharge so that the damage you take is permanent. Give the flag a trait to regain shields to promote the OBJ. Play on default maps.

CLG scrimming against eLevate right now. Will be posting scores and stats below and updating as the match goes on. Important note: CLG is playing with a random account as their 4th that is rumored to be Frosty. Cloud is playing with OpTic right now.

CLG 10 - 3 eLevate

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, CLG Wins 50-43

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, CLG Wins 100-85

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Truth, CLG Wins 3-1

Game 5 - Team Slayer Plaza, CLG Wins 50-41

Game 6 - Strongholds The Rig, eLevate Wins 100-80

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 8 - Team Slayer Empire, CLG Wins 50-45

Game 9 - Strongholds Eden, CLG Wins 100-44

Game 10 - Capture the Flag Empire, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 11 - Team Slayer Coliseum, eLevate Wins 50-45

Game 12 - Strongholds Plaza, CLG Wins 100-46

Game 13 - Team Slayer The Rig, eLevate Wins 50-46

• Upvote (+1) 4

For Breakout I want full shields and no recharge so that the damage you take is permanent. Give the flag a trait to regain shields to promote the OBJ. Play on default maps.

What is the point of the shields then?

Nvm I need to read entire post.

But I don't think that would improve the situation.

So CLG won game 1 Fathom CTF, 2-0 against eLevate. Except they're not playing with Cloud - it's "nVPancakeMan". 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So CLG won game 1 Fathom CTF, 2-0 against eLevate. Except they're not playing with Cloud - it's "nVPancakeMan". 

This is Frosty according to chat but who knows for sure...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mysterious. I like it. (Well, it was mysterious for about 5 minutes....)