CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

spRint?

motion detectoR?

Sorry, we were looking for "randies". Better luck next time, and thanks for playing!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah we just beat them in scrims and they went off mad. They've been tweeting like this since the game came out. I understand their POV the settings can be so much better but they're going about it in such a bad way lol. Their attitudes to this game have been awful, wouldn't surprise me if they don't make finals. 

Sorry mate, but what's your team again? 

Sorry mate, but what's your team again? 

Sorry haven't been posting much here recently will start to more frequently :D

I'm back in EU now until after Worlds because I'll need surgery (deviated septum) so playing in EU until then. My team is Vibe: Myself, BlackJack, Fuzion and Respectful :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry haven't been posting much here recently will start to more frequently :D

I'm back in EU now until after Worlds because I'll need surgery (deviated septum) so playing in EU until then. My team is Vibe: Myself, BlackJack, Fuzion and Respectful :)

Hope your recovery goes well, Towey just had the same surgery

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone able to summarize anything of interest they say? can't watch at the moment.

Walshy wants an Oddball (e.g. 10seconds to win) on Breakout instead of flag. Kinda interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Walshy wants an Oddball (e.g. 10seconds to win) on Breakout instead of flag. Kinda interesting.

Anything but a capture objective would be great for Breakout.

Interesting. But wouldn't that put too much focus on the middle of the map (or where the ball spawns)? It'd make the rest of the map nearly useless.

At least with Flag, you'd have to time to kill the runner. But a ball carrier can get 10 seconds easily if the opponents aren't near the ball spawn.

Interesting. But wouldn't that put too much focus on the middle of the map (or where the ball spawns)? It'd make the rest of the map nearly useless.

At least with Flag, you'd have to time to kill the runner. But a ball carrier can get 10 seconds easily if the opponents aren't near the ball spawn.

Put it in an unsafe location then like bottom mid of Trident/Gambol? in the maps we have so far it doesnt seem like a big issue imo

Anything but a capture objective would be great for Breakout.

I think the exact opposite is true -- but we may be running on different definitions here. I think a super fast territory capture would be great -- and whoever owns the territory at the end of the round wins (if no elim)

I think the exact opposite is true -- but we may be running on different definitions here. I think a super fast territory capture would be great -- and whoever owns the territory at the end of the round wins (if no elim)

"Capture" as in picking up an item and carrying it towards a designated goal.

Stream notes of sorts

Thoughts on Sandbox

Walshy wants AR made easier but weaker as a gateway to new players. Simms wants nerf to snipe and autos. Pistol is solid. Radar the big issue.

Breakout/Gametypes

Cut down the gametypes we have. Breakout objective changes discussed. Both seem to like it (not sure why) and mention the viewer experience. Walshy likes the idea of holding a ball for x amount of seconds. Slaying the team happens too much is agreed on.

HWC

They dont want a huge wait after it, announce the next season during the finals. Walshy wants prize pools better distributed so more get paid. Ideally would introduce college funding as a way to get new players. Simms likes the idea of H5 going to PC for viewership, Walsh disagrees.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Breakout should just copy Shadowrun and make it next to impossible to tie a round, due to several different win conditions and tiebreakers.

Win conditions: Cap Flag > Kill the other team

Tiebreakers: Holding flag at end of round > First Flag Touch

The first tiebreaker alone would make this gametype 100x better, since stalemates could now be won at the last second with a clutch grab. Teams could also set up to protect the flag guy, and force the other team to make a move. The second tie breaker would mean that even if the flag guy gets killed, the team that actually attempted the objective is at an advantage (interesting offense/defense dynamic could develop where the team who didn't get first touch is now forced to make a move).

The other thing they could do is give us shields. Honestly, I'm fascinated that the same company that's pushing Motion Sensors in competitive play so we'll have universal settings also gave us a game mode that has radically different base player traits. Mental gymnastics must be an official sport up there in Washington.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Breakout should just copy Shadowrun and make it next to impossible to tie a round, due to several different win conditions and tiebreakers.

The first tiebreaker alone would make this gametype 100x better, since stalemates could now be won at the last second with a clutch grab. Teams could also set up to protect the flag guy, and force the other team to make a move. The second tie breaker would mean that even if the flag guy gets killed, the team that actually attempted the objective is at an advantage (interesting offense/defense dynamic could develop where the team who didn't get first touch is now forced to make a move).

The other thing they could do is give us shields. Honestly, I'm fascinated that the same company that's pushing Motion Sensors in competitive play so we'll have universal settings also gave us a game mode that has radically different base player traits. Mental gymnastics must be an official sport up there in Washington.

One of the better ideas I've read along with using the normal maps too. Shadowrun was ahead of its time RIP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This makes too much sense

The Pit starts in an hour (8PM EST December 1st) with Spartan Ryanoob and Septic, we discuss Halo 5 gameplay in general. Come watch at twitch.tv/throoper

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of the better ideas I've read along with using the normal maps too. Shadowrun was ahead of its time RIP.

Why aren't you a "Pro Player" ? By the end of HCS S2 weren't you top 8?