CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Because theres fuck all else to do.

So much this.. 

I'm grateful for so many people keeping up with statistics and how gametypes are being played. Talking about the next big roster change or speculating on where a tournament is going to be is a yawn fest.

I'm really glad they did this as well and didn't sacrifice the camo with the OS glow. To be honest its something I'm surprised about with 343, I kinda figured they'd deem that as too powerful of a combination or something.

In warzone, different powerups can't be stacked together right? Meaning I can't call in an OS and a Speed Boost.. I think I tried and it just reimbursed me my points.

I don't believe you can stack them before you spawn. Maybe try spawning with an OS and then equipping Camo at a REQ Station.

I will remove Reality Check from the stats and try to use Google Docs tonight if I'm slow at work. Thanks for the feedback guys.

And to the guy who said scrims are like preseason, that's stupid. This isn't the same as the NFL. Scrims are the same players that will be on the team playing to win and not stay healthy. You can learn a lot about who the best teams are from scrims. According to your theory, you would have just as good a chance at picking the top 4 in the first online qualifier without having known who won any scrims. Sure, maybe you could guess based on roster alone, but most of us will already know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will remove Reality Check from the stats and try to use Google Docs tonight if I'm slow at work. Thanks for the feedback guys.

And to the guy who said scrims are like preseason, that's stupid. This isn't the same as the NFL. Scrims are the same players that will be on the team playing to win and not stay healthy. You can learn a lot about who the best teams are from scrims. According to your theory, you would have just as good a chance at picking the top 4 in the first online qualifier without having known who won any scrims. Sure, maybe you could guess based on roster alone, but most of us will already know.

I wonder if we could pull a web-app for this, I dont think it would be too hard but the real magic is when it gets posted in the forums( and not have to get out of the forums to know the results and stats)

Is anyone commentating the online qualifiers through the halo channel or something? Or will it just be the normal players streaming like they do for scrims?

Is anyone commentating the online qualifiers through the halo channel or something? Or will it just be the normal players streaming like they do for scrims?

As of now there probably won't be any streams. Perhaps MLG or 343 may hop on board, especially if they actually update Spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if we could pull a web-app for this, I dont think it would be too hard but the real magic is when it gets posted in the forums( and not have to get out of the forums to know the results and stats)

Working on one now tbh im that bored

And I suddenly don't like Chalkie any more. Shame.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wonder what fueled those tweets. It takes one hell of a loss for me to reach those levels of  :salt:

Seems legit to me. Stop fucking around and give us legit settings dammit. Of course I'm very biased. I've always contained a distaste for American censorship and loved the rest of the world's laid back approach on serious topics. Cut the bullshit and let's get down to it. 

Halo has sucked for years.

Adding radar isn't going to help this.

Is tweeting 343 profane language professional? Hell no. But lets be honest, there are a rare few who are and tweets like this are what make us appreciate them so much more!

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder what fueled those tweets. It takes one hell of a loss for me to reach those levels of  :salt:

Nearly a decade of disappointing games? It would be surprising if there were many left who hadn't reached that level of anger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ZFGjsNi.png

lol

*Counts back from 4.....*

Oh he means Halo 3. 

Suddenly I care less about his competitive opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I was actually less disappointed with Reach than any other sequel but that might've been because 2 and 3 numbed my expectations so much..

I'm really enjoying H5 though. [despite the 'r' word]

Scrims are the same players that will be on the team playing to win and not stay healthy. You can learn a lot about who the best teams are from scrims. 

If you're playing to win in scrims, you're approaching scrims incorrectly. :)

I was actually less disappointed with Reach than any other sequel but that might've been because 2 and 3 numbed my expectations so much..

I'm really enjoying H5 though. [despite the 'r' word]

spRint?

motion detectoR?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah we just beat them in scrims and they went off mad. They've been tweeting like this since the game came out. I understand their POV the settings can be so much better but they're going about it in such a bad way lol. Their attitudes to this game have been awful, wouldn't surprise me if they don't make finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

*Counts back from 4.....*

Oh he means Halo 3. 

Suddenly I care less about his competitive opinion.

I was going to say something and squeeze in a SR mention but he didn't say anything about a competitive FPS, so I let it be. I know I can be a bit of an elitist but I'm working on it  :bravo:

I've been commentating scrims about every third night that I've been home, and I intend to do a sort of lax analysis stream regularly for online quals / ladder matches.

twitch.tv/tiberiusaudley

• Upvote (+1) 1