CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The whole "we're gonna wait to see who's good at H5" was so dumb.

I posted this exact thing on the OpTic Reddit.

They spent all last year heavily under-committed to the game; then with a new game coming out Flamesword keeps running his mouth about how they're just going to take their time replacing Ace?  If you are any potential 4th option for OG, how bad does that look to you? These guys got roasted for slacking last year, so they're going to take their sweet ass time while every other team in the game is playing their ass off? They literally should have done the exact OPPOSITE: start grinding like a week before H5 dropped to show all the Pro's that they were serious about competing this year, and then continue that grind once the game actually dropped.  That way anyone actually considering joining their team can at least say "hey, they look serious about competing and practicing hard".

How hilarious is it that they were "waiting to see who is going to be good at H5", yet they just let UnLegit and Frosty walk uncontested to Liquid/ex-c9 while they sat around with their d***s in their hands LOL.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One thing that's driven me nuts about nV and their 2 scrims now is that they don't play breakout games in between games. I think it's important to practice the way that tourneys will play. Breakout will be scattered in with the rest of the more usual game types. It's important to practice letting the different style of game break up your normal routine. Just my opinion.

Mikwen couldn't play long so we wanted to get the objective games in + the sudd scrim was sort of a "warm-up" scrim so we could get a feel for the game as a team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Looks like WFX and nV are about to scrim. First scrim against a real team for nV. Will be posting scores and stats below.

WFX 1 - 5 nV (+1 tie)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Teams Tie 2-2

Game 2 - Strongholds Eden, nV Wins 100-53

Game 3 - Team Slayer Coliseum, nV Wins 50-36

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Empire, nV Wins 3-2

Game 5 - Strongholds Plaza, nV Wins 100-10

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Fathom, WFX Wins 3-0

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, nV Wins 3-0

Looks like this ended up being a short scrim. nV takes it 5-1 against WFX, +1 tie in game 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mikwen couldn't play long so we wanted to get the objective games in + the sudd scrim was sort of a "warm-up" scrim so we could get a feel for the game as a team.

Cool, thanks for the response. Glad you guys aren't just deciding not to play Breakout during your scrims. Hopefully it starts soon and you guys keep scrimming nightly!

Unfortunately filming the second part of the pit has proven to be difficult with scrimming and schedules and I don't want to delay the episode any further. So I will be livestreaming my discussion with @@Spartan @@RyaNoob and @ tomorrow at 8PM EST on twitch.tv/throoper . If you can't watch it on twitch live it will be uploaded to youtube shortly after. They laid out some really interesting opinions on halo 5 and definitely some you guys won't expect. Hope to see you there! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

descension among the ranks of allegiance rn  :lxthul:

For real. Not to be a dick but seriously sounds like Naded being Naded again...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Details please!

They are scrimming the Cratos/Nemassist/Bubu/Commonly team and Naded is really quiet, seems like he isn't trying and is just 'playing the game'. Str8 Sick and Goofy seem to be really trying to improve and Naded just seems to be brushing their criticism aside.

They also just started a Plaza TS like -1 to 9

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they're 5th on my Power Rankings?  :kappa:

Oops.

RIP your credibility 

• Upvote (+1) 2

optics potential 4th's stream:

This guy like to talk a lot of trash lol......

I missed the start of it, but str8sick sounded like Naded might be acting salty for him and Goofy streaming. He even said "I already said I'm not going to stream tourneys". It seems like Naded doesn't want his team streaming. I'm guessing he doesn't want to give stuff away (which honestly is stupid IMO). And he just seems really salty about the whole thing. But who knowns, it does seem odd though. Just going by history of multiple Pro teammates opinions over the years, it seems Naded isn't exactly the best teammate at times and prone to this type of...behavior.

Soooo Naded to Optic??? 

But really, kind of impressed Optic is taking some games of Elevate with this random 4th

How hilarious is it that they were "waiting to see who is going to be good at H5", yet they just let UnLegit and Frosty walk uncontested to Liquid/ex-c9 while they sat around with their d***s in their hands LOL.

Those two were probably the two players that Hecz was referring to in that vision episode. That Optic was interested in them but neither of them were interested in Optic.

Those two were probably the two players that Hecz was referring to in that vision episode. That Optic was interested in them but neither of them were interested in Optic.

I'm almost certain Flame brought up at least 1 of their names in one of those vision episodes. I'd bet large sums of money they were interested in both.

They were referring to Aries and Randa. 

RIP your credibility 

I know, I sounded so certain in that video :(

New game, new pros :/

optic still an A-tier?

They're putting up a better fight vs eLevate than I expected.  Sponsor Blaze trying to earn his keep. :D  (I know it's 8-3, but some close games and that dominant 5-1 on Gambol.)

(I know it's 8-3, but some close games and that dominant 5-1 on Gambol.)

I saw them lose 3-0, 50-30, 100-~35.  They also had a Stronghold game in which they were up like ~95-60 which they nearly blew. 

eLevate absolutely destroyed Optic 50-22 on Slayer Colisseum

edit: everyone beat me