CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does it bug anyone else that the HWC and regional finals event brackets are single-elimination?

Halo has had a certain bracket style for ~10 years and they're fucking with it.

Is this how CoD champs does it?

What??? That's beyond stupid. Double-elim tourneys allow for good teams not to be knocked out due to a particular unfavorable matchups, even if they're the overall better team. Ex: WFX & Optic in S2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does it bug anyone else that the HWC and regional finals event brackets are single-elimination?

LoL is group stage round robins into single elim. And based off the pool description they are direct copying LoL Worlds.

Looks like there's a lot of debate on who beat who in scrims and how handily. Here's the stats for all the teams who were mentioned above. Just so you all know, I have a database with every scrim/tournament game that I have linked in previous posts in this thread. Any time a pro team plays a pro team, I post the stats in this thread and then add them to my database. If I ever don't post stats/scores in this thread, it's probably because I didn't know the teams were playing. Also, I should mention I have not added anything from 11/28-11/30. I will be updating my database tonight.

Winterfox VS Allegiance on 11/18 - WFX 4, Allegiance 12

Winterfox VS eLevate on 11/19 - WFX 7, eLevate 10

Winterfox VS eLevate PGL tournament on 11/20 - WFX 0, eLevate 3

eLevate VS EG PGL tournament on 11/20 - eLevate 0, EG 3

Winterfox VS CLG on 11/20 - WFX 6, CLG 1

EG VS Allegiance on 11/22 - EG 8, Allegiance 3

Winterfox VS Allegiance on 11/23 - WFX 3, Allegiance 0

EG VS eLevate on 11/24 - EG 6, eLevate 5

EG vs eLevate on 11/27 - EG 10, eLevate 2

If anyone wants to see any teams scores against another team, a teams total games played, a teams total record, etc. let me know.

Also, if anyone wants to see any players stats, players stats only against certain teams, players stats excluding certain opponents, only in tournaments, etc. let me know.

• Upvote (+1) 6

CoD used to be double elimination but this year they're switching to single elimination BO7's.

Really lovin the chem with this new squad, UnLethRosty trio 

C team > B

• Upvote (+1) 1

So.....is the HWC ladders actually starting this Sunday?

I would expect a lot of teams to finalize their roster very soon. HWC is almost upon us. Still disappointing it is mostly online tournaments. 

I haven't had ANY issues finding games, but I'm not sitting at champ Rank in anything. The system doesn't want to match champ ranks against lower Comp, maybe 343 needs to lessen restrictions, but the system is doing what its supposed to. Obviously a higher population would help in some situations, but there are only 200 players in champ in each playlist so it won't help much unless champ is expanded to more players.

Not sure why you typed your personal experience with finding games if you're not in the category I was talking about however it shouldn't matter that that champ only has 200 players (more if you're counting high onyx too). If the game was enjoyable enough people would be playing all the time, especially those in champion to try and reach rank one and that goes for every playlist.

Look at the amount of hours people put in to get Halocharts #1. That wasn't even a developer rank, nor one you could see in game, it was a ranking by a third party website. People still went for it though because the majority of the people loved the game, this just isn't the case for h5.

What??? That's beyond stupid. Double-elim tourneys allow for good teams not to be knocked out due to a particular unfavorable matchups, even if they're the overall better team. Ex: WFX & Optic in S2.

Especially if it's only a bo3 and two of those games are slayer considering ts give much better odds to the worse team than an obj does.

I would like to hear what everybody's ideal Halo would be. Here is mine for example.

Halo 2 BR w/ Halo 3 auto aim, Halo 3 Sniper, Halo 2 & 3 maps, no sprint or radar, & Halo 2 OBJ physics.

Gametypes would be: CTF, Extraction, Assault, Koth, Strongholds, Oddball, & Slayer with shorter weapon spawn times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

wow, such trading

very close

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG VS eLevate on 11/24 - EG 6, eLevate 5

wow, such trading

very close

You left one out ;)

You left one out ;)

19-7 map count still doesn't sound like trading to me :/ :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was almost a 3 to 1 trade...so still a trade  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't get salty cause I put you guys second for now.  (Besides, I thought it was 15-8, that's so much closer :( And a much better justification for weighting eLevate heavily.  Either way, I think eLevate / CLG / exC9 / WFX / Allegiance are all in "trade games/series" position right now.  I expect EG / nV to stay cream of the crop.)

Shut up and go make your 25% of 40% of 1.7 million.  ($170k?)

(Which we all know you're still the favorites to do anyway.)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Never said it was close or trading, but purposely leaving out the one scrim that was exciting and a close scrim is misleading. EG is still obviously much better than eLevate, but you can't just leave data out to tell an even stronger story.

Never said it was close or trading, but purposely leaving out the one scrim that was exciting and a close scrim is misleading. EG is still obviously much better than eLevate, but you can't just leave data out to tell an even stronger story.

I was the one who used the phrase "EG and eLevate have traded scrims"

Looks like WFX and nV are about to scrim. First scrim against a real team for nV. Will be posting scores and stats below.

WFX 1 - 5 nV (+1 tie)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Teams Tie 2-2

Game 2 - Strongholds Eden, nV Wins 100-53

Game 3 - Team Slayer Coliseum, nV Wins 50-36

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Empire, nV Wins 3-2

Game 5 - Strongholds Plaza, nV Wins 100-10

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Fathom, WFX Wins 3-0

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, nV Wins 3-0

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was the one who used the phrase "EG and eLevate have traded scrims"

I know, but LethuL quoted my post.

Don't get salty cause I put you guys second for now.  (Besides, I thought it was 15-8, that's so much closer :( And a much better justification for weighting eLevate heavily.  Either way, I think eLevate / CLG / exC9 / WFX / Allegiance are all in "trade games/series" position right now.  I expect EG / nV to stay cream of the crop.)

Shut up and go make your 25% of 40% of 1.7 million.  ($170k?)

(Which we all know you're still the favorites to do anyway.)

I didn't watch whatever you're talking about where you put us 2nd in something but I prefer actual placings to speculation unlike most other people for whatever reason. I was just pointing out your overlooked scrim scores, fake stats are a pet peeve. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be ok with Halo following LoL Worlds format of Round Robin(Bo3) and then Single Elim Bracket (Bo5). It makes sure that the best playing teams are the ones in the bracket.

I didn't watch whatever you're talking about where you put us 2nd in something but I prefer actual placings to speculation unlike most other people for whatever reason. I was just pointing out your overlooked scrim scores, fake stats are a pet peeve. 

To be fair, the scrims scores are 16-7, with the PGL sweep it's 19-7.

I prefer actual placings to speculation 

Yeah, Liquid outplaced you in the Go4Halo cup where you faced off with full rosters, that's why they were first on the list :p

I was just pointing out your overlooked scrim scores, fake stats are a pet peeve. 

Again, thought it was a 6-5 eLevate and a 10-2 EG, 1-1 series.  Was mistaken on the former, not forging stats for narrative.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to hear what everybody's ideal Halo would be. Here is mine for example.

Halo 2 BR w/ Halo 3 auto aim, Halo 3 Sniper, Halo 2 & 3 maps, no sprint or radar, & Halo 2 OBJ physics.

Gametypes would be: CTF, Extraction, Assault, Koth, Strongholds, Oddball, & Slayer with shorter weapon spawn times.

What you described is probably what i would pick except you need to include Halo 4 hit detection or H5 hit detection or any game that has hitscan and not halo 3's system.

Honestly tho i enjoy Halo 5 a lot and dont want to act like its bad and people dont enjoy it because for the most part i feel like its a very very good game that needs minor tweeking