CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Confused how Envy is #3 in your rankings when they haven't scrimmed or played in tournaments

He said it in the video that they probably didn't deserve the rank he gave them, and that his personal opinion/speculation was the main factor for this (basically season 2 Denial team with the Wizard)

Yeah, putting a ton of stock on the speculation one for them.

He said it in the video that they probably didn't deserve the rank he gave them, and that his personal opinion/speculation was the main factor for this (basically season 2 Denial team with the Wizard)

Yeah, putting a ton of stock on the speculation one for them.

Ah ok, ya I didn't listen to the whole video. Understandable. I would still put CLG quite a bit higher, they have never been an online team, but always show up to lans, could be a problem I guess for the pro league thing after hwc.

Ah ok, ya I didn't listen to the whole video. Understandable. I would still put CLG quite a bit higher, they have never been an online team, but always show up to lans, could be a problem I guess for the pro league thing after hwc.

I don't disagree, but from watching their scrims I've noticed some issues with the strategic approach to the game and to their own playstyle chemistry that has me cautious to buy in so far.

A large part of it right now is just discrepancy in individual / team practice times.  Hard to get a clear picture.

I don't disagree, but from watching their scrims I've noticed some issues with the strategic approach to the game and to their own playstyle chemistry that has me cautious to buy in so far.

A large part of it right now is just discrepancy in individual / team practice times.  Hard to get a clear picture.

As a CLG fan who hasn't gotten to catch any of their scrims yet, what seems to be going wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love the content and I'm aware that you're very knowledegable of strategic approaches to Halo but it's hard to believe that there is anything wrong with their playstyle/strategy other than a lack of serious practice. Like you said these are pre season rankings but I can't even fathom how you put them out of the top 6 after their last two seasons of Halo. That's almost like ranking NFL teams based on pre season records rather than previous season performances. Yes, it's a new game but individually they have all shown lots of talent in Halo 5. Besides that it's a great video. Love all the Halo content you put out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I've seen so far TA's rankings are pretty much spot on to where I would rank teams. Obviously things could change and probably will, but going off scrims, tourneys, etc., I have no issues with them. CLG and WFX have both struggled mightily in scrims, and against teams that most would consider lesser skilled. EG and TL have been dominant in everything they've played and when they've met its been an incredible series every time.

I understand that CLG was very good at H2A, but H5 is not H2A. I'm not counting them out though. Remember, these are power rankings. They change week to week based off how teams are playing at the time. They aren't projections.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember, these are power rankings. They change week to week based off how teams are playing at the time. They aren't projections.

^ This is the main takeaway.  I did mention some general projections as I went through the rankings...

And I did admittedly overrate EnVy based off the criteria and do a bit of projection for them.

as a precursor because i know it was uploaded today... please put any "vision" intel into spoiler tags for those who actually watch it... not sure if theres gonna be any halo content this week but.... as a courtesy. 

thanks 

So Chig is moving to seattle? Is this in any way Halo related? Like is he going to be working at 343?

He probably just wants better ping.

EnVyUs - From what I've seen of Heinz - he's at the top of his game. One of the most impressive players to watch play Halo. APG - been grinding, won Daytona, etc. Mikwen - no doubt he will be putting in serious hours and performing like crazy. The only question mark about this team is how much effort Pistola is putting into individual practice, when the team isn't on and he's left to his own devices preparing for the qualifiers. It's safe to say they are a guaranteed top 6 team and capable of much more!

And I did admittedly overrate EnVy based off the criteria and do a bit of projection for them.

I think that is totally understandable considering who they are and, like you said, they are one of the two best rosters in the game right now. 

Please keep making these videos, they are very different and fresh. Everyone is doing an incredible job with content and doing the best they can to rebuild our community. It's awesome to see. Will it be enough is the question.. 

Didn't WFX beat Elevate in a recent scrim? Think you're underrating them, but I might be a bit biased  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't WFX beat Elevate in a recent scrim? Think you're underrating them, but I might be a bit biased :bman:

Can you link me to that one, because I thought eLevate has won basically all their scrims and traded vs EG

Can you link me to that one, because I thought eLevate has won basically all their scrims and traded vs EG

Yeah, you right. Mixed up eLevate with Allegiance (which I'm sure Randa would take great offense at :P)

WFX 3-0ed Allegiance, and 6-1ed CLG. Those teams haven't scrimmed each other since (I think). 

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/spartan%20wfx/748dfdfb-3fb6-4f01-8cc8-752f9e082012?page=0&mode=custom

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/spartan%20wfx/10e4fe86-194f-46e6-8ec4-2494ad60440a?page=0&mode=custom

@@TiberiusAudley great videos man! The only negative thing I have seen from your videos is with hearing your microphone quality, either being too loud or cutting in and out. Other than that keep chugging the vids out! :D

we have played them 3 times, 1 was close and we beat them easily in the other 2.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

we have played them 3 times, 1 was close and we beat them easily in the other 2.

I'd only seen the 6-5 and the ugly one 3-4 nights ago, which started out close and then got one sided after Randa tried to Rambo 1v2 with the Hydra back to back rounds on Altitude.

@@TiberiusAudley great videos man! The only negative thing I have seen from your videos is with hearing your microphone quality, either being too loud or cutting in and out. Other than that keep chugging the vids out! :D

3-4 year old Astros wearing out on me, no money for new pair yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So.....is the HWC ladders actually starting this Sunday?

optic needs to announce their fourth

I don't think snakebite or Royal 2 will leave 2gre. I tweeted something about that and snakebite liked it. I therefore came to a conclusion that might not leave clg lol.

Does it bug anyone else that the HWC and regional finals event brackets are single-elimination?

Halo has had a certain bracket style for ~10 years and they're fucking with it.

Is this how CoD champs does it?

• Upvote (+1) 2