CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IMO the majority of the problems with h5 are adjustable. The only thing that isn't is the kill times of the weapons.

If AR/Pistol starts turn out to be the wrong option we can change that very quickly.

Power up/weapons on the map are a problem but can be changed.

From what I saw today and what I played in the beta in December we actually have a good core game. The things that are being complained about (rightfully so) can be changed fairly easy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 5 introduces a lot of randomness that is very hard for players to predict. The maps have way to many routes and ledges. No team could find a power position to hold down on the map. There are too many weapons in play. It was rare to see a one on one battle of two players with the same gun. Encounters were mostly one sided especially if one player had an automatic weapon. I just wanted to see one BR battle happen and it never did. Just about everything from the weapon balancing, weapon placements, Power up timing, and map design need to be change. We all watched a handful of games and quickly saw the issues. 343 should have this stuff in check by now.

Its like 343 map designers are from a different planet than Bungie's IMO. Very different philosophies and skill level. None of 343's maps remind me of classic trilogy maps TBH. IDK how much that has to do with the game having different mechanics, but I definitely more appreciate the level of uniqueness, clean sight-lines, good use of lighting, and detail Bungie put into every map they made regardless if it wasn't always a home run. Very easy to navigate as well with clear power positions and an array of maps that worked well with TS. Mikwen even said he doesn't think many of the H5 maps will work well for slayer and they might need to go full objective for comp settings to make it work. Then Halo really would be CoD IMO. That is just sad if true seeing as how Halo is one of the few games that still manages to incorporate slayer well, and slayer is what I think of when I think Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 introduces a lot of randomness that is very hard for players to predict. The maps have way to many routes and ledges. No team could find a power position to hold down on the map. There are too many weapons in play. It was rare to see a one on one battle of two players with the same gun. Encounters were mostly one sided especially if one player had an automatic weapon. I just wanted to see one BR battle happen and it never did. Just about everything from the weapon balancing, weapon placements, Power up timing, and map design need to be change. We all watched a handful of games and quickly saw the issues. 343 should have this stuff in check by now.

If a large chunk of the fights aren't people with the same weapon there is a problem

Can someone explain to me why Truth/Regret/Eden/Pegasus weren't used to give this tourney some map diversity? 

IMO the majority of the problems with h5 are adjustable. The only thing that isn't is the kill times of the weapons.

If AR/Pistol starts turn out to be the wrong option we can change that very quickly.

From what I saw today and what I played in the beta in December we actually have a good core game. The things that are being complained about (rightfully so) can be changed fairly easy.

this is true, however, if 343 doesn't listen to the community, and they keep the standard matchmaking like this...the longevitiy of the game being fun will suffer.

Definitely agree with this. There was a little too much focus on constantly getting the OS, and at one point a team had two people with OS which really shouldn't happen. Honestly that is probably my only gripe with what I watched today.

There needs to be more items/powerups on the map to control.

Damnation on HCe has 120 sec rockets, 30 sec snipers, 60 sec camo and 60 sec OS.

Why can't Halo 5?

What the hell? I wake up expecting to see some CTF or maybe or different objective or maybe a map we haven't seen yet, and it's literally

Empire

Fathom

Empire

Fathom

Empire

All Slayer. Are you serious?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

What the hell? I wake up expecting to see some CTF or maybe or different objective or maybe a map we haven't seen yet, and it's literally

Empire

Fathom

Empire

Fathom

Empire

Are you joking?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can someone explain to me why Truth/Regret/Eden/Pegasus weren't used to give this tourney some map diversity?

Weren't available for this build.

Empire

Fathom

Empire

Fathom

Empire

They said on Tuesday we would only be seeing these two maps with Slayer.

Halo is a big part of my life and I really want it to stay that way. I am used to waste my night sleep watching competitive Halo (living in Europe) and today I feel asleep for the first time ever watching competitive Halo. I want it to succeed big time but I dont enjoy watching it in its current state. And I really want BR only starts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is a big part of my life and my and really want it to stay that way. I am used to waste my night sleep watching competitive Halo (living in Europe) and today I feel asleep for the first time ever watching competitive Halo. I want it to succeed big time but I dont enjoy watching it in its current state. And I really want BR only starts.

This will be changed, and if it doesn't, then there is a major hole is the fibre of this game. AR is a great weapon, but it's too situational.

Optic Gaming is a fucking joke. Both in Cod and in Halo.

Halo? Sure

Call of Duty? Not a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yet in true 343irony, they have appeared extremely stubborn about making any changes to competitive settings ever since HCS was originally announced.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Killtimes could be adjusted if 343 are willing. IIRC, they said there was a system in place where they could make easy changes to weapon stats, without full updates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Killtimes could be adjusted if 343 are willing. IIRC, they said there was a system in place where they could make easy changes to weapon stats, without full updates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

That's correct

I'm sure others have mentioned this, but was anyone else infuriated at the OS mechanics? Watching it get burned nearly 70% of the time was excruciating. This was part of the worry a few months back when we found out about the power-up animation. Who cares about the #immersion; once you've picked it up, you should either immediately have the OS, be invincible until the animation has finished, or the OS should drop to the ground if burned. Beyond that, the OS was way too weak given how viable every single weapon is in the game and how easy it is to close the distance and melee.

And on top of all that, the OS on Empire was the only power-up/weapon (other than the shotgun) worth fighting for, but since the shotty isn't on a static timer, no one was fighting for that at any predictable interval, let alone an interval that would draw attention away from the once-a-minute OS battle. Empire needs to switch OS spawn to 90secs or at the very least replace the plasma caster with something a little more potent (maybe the SAW, for even more automatic mayhem on that map). Nevertheless, Empire, as Mikwen said, isn't even a great slayer map from a design point to begin with. But if the other arena maps have similar flaws and we need to settle on it, the above-mentioned changes (and I'm sure there are others) need to be made.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo is a big part of my life and my and really want it to stay that way. I am used to waste my night sleep watching competitive Halo (living in Europe) and today I feel asleep for the first time ever watching competitive Halo. I want it to succeed big time but I dont enjoy watching it in its current state. And I really want BR only starts.

I agree, seeing AR and SMG heavy gameplay today was extremely boring. I think BR only (or BR/Pistol) starts is a change that has to happen in order for this game to play well competitively. Other than that I agree with almost all of the popular points being raised here regarding changing weapon placements, having weapons on the map that are actually worth picking up (sniper, rockets), nerfing the shotgun range, etc. Also wish we could have seen some maps that have better cross-map sight lines and don't lead to so many close quarter encounters.

I'd really like to see footage from 343i Pro Team to gauge how the viewer experience will look. 

Also, was there a crowd? Halo 4 Global Championship was the last time I've heard a non-embarrassing crowd.