CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It does, but don't think we can do much about it tbh

Fingers crossed for a radar that only shows players sprinting, that's probably the best thing we can get.

When I was told radar was in, before Halo 5. I was very vocal about how bad that it is, also I knew that AR was gonna be stupidly strong and make close quarters very, very stupid, but I was told to just "try" it and to talk afterwards.

A month later I still believe both of this things to be very true. There's just a storm rifle added in now.

You all should consider a top 8 roundtable like you did for Ricochet back in H2A, also please preach for a 4SK Pistol so that the Utility Weapon is actually relevant, because currently the Storm Rifle is the real Utility Weapon...

Maybe it's too early so someone tell me if this is way off and doesn't make sense. But what about radar that doesn't work while you are crouching? So your opponent can't see you on radar, but as a trade off of that your radar is not working while you are crouched? I guess we might just see people standing without movement instead of crouching, but it's an interesting thought. Once again sorry if I am overlooking something and am completely off base with this thought.

If the radar showed people who aren't moving couldn't campers still camp by slightly moving their sticks in a circle?

But you won't know where your opponent is via radar, either. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oh please, we have no idea what is going to happen regarding radar. Please show me where 343 'refused' to make minor changes and where this unanimous audience is.

exactly its not unanimous.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

exactly its not unanimous.

I mean I don't see anyone say that they actually prefer radar being in competitive play.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I don't see anyone say that they actually prefer radar being in competitive play.

Go read waypoint for 10 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I do hope Radar gets removed, I was complacent at first about it, but it has proven to change the way players play. But claiming the whole community hates radar and that 343 isn't willing to make changes is laughable.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh please, we have no idea what is going to happen regarding radar. Please show me where 343 'refused' to make minor changes and where this unanimous audience is.

There isn't a single competitive player that wants radar in the game. And that, of course, is the audience. None of the waypoint kids will give two shits about HWC, and even if they did, there is no chance they would care whether or not pros are playing with or without radar.

Until 343 makes settings changes, then they are refusing to make changes (despite overwhelming negative feedback on this since pros were playing late beta versions of the game). This isn't a big change like adding new maps or gametypes or changing weapon damage. It's a change that requires no developer support whatsoever and is so blatantly obvious that it's a mystery to me why it hasn't been done yet.

By the way the argument that "because they can possibly change it in the future means they aren't refusing to change it now" is complete nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Bad Dub

Nope. A radar picks up a player no matter if there is movement or not. If they move in small circles you see them moving on the radar in small circles.

This is the general idea how a radar works.

The crucial part is that now people are encouraged to crouch because you don't show up on the sensor. But if you show up on it no matter what it discourages crouching because you might as well move at full speed. If you're standing still the enemy can nade you out of you spot easily so moving is the preferred option in that case as well (generally speaking).

Then people can still run from anyone chasing them. It still would encourage some pretty annoying gameplay of cat and mouse. And flanking, that wouldn't work at all now since crouch is the only way to do it right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would prefer not to have radar in but if it stays I can deal with it. Its not a deal breaker for me playing or watching competitive

• Downvote (-1) 1

I can deal with it.

343 sees everyone here say this and radar stays. Radar is lame for comp play and needs to go
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know Amp wasn't popular to a lot of people but I enjoyed how it was just pure slayer... Maybe we'll see something similar from forge?

Enough of the maps from 2007. Can we get some new competitive maps?

I wouldnt mind a real radar, u know one that actually requires line of sight ( like every radar on earth).

But then you can also leave it out in the first place, cause it would be pointless.

U only need a radar for shooting radar guided missiles or for keeping movement awareness of airplanes. Since none of that applies for halo, just leave it out.

The motion sensor on the other hand sounds more appropriate, but i dont like how its changing the movement in halo, how it takes away the element of surprise and how it denies smart plays (outplaying the opponent).

Please just create a social playlist for all casual players and give us a motion sensor free comp. playlist. Shouldnt be to hard.

The only way radar would work is if it only showed people sprinting within a 5-10 meters. Nothing else. Not shooting, jumping or anything else. I would still prefer no radar and no autos but whatever.

Personally I think it's kind of risky to tamper with the settings without the risk of hurting the population. I know radar is a handicap for awarness, but that just means gunskill and getting angles are that much more important. It just changes the way the game is played out a little bit. And if it's too slow placed, then make power ups/power weapons spawn faster to force encounters.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I can't count how many times someone was getting outshot and ran straight for the closest circular object and watched radar while moving the opposite direction as me in order to recharge shields and wait on teammates. I don't think they will remove it altogether but spartan abilities and sprint only radar (10m) would help the gameplay tremendously.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 sees everyone here say this and radar stays. Radar is lame for comp play and needs to go

well I'm just speaking the truth for me. I'm not gonna lie and say I hate it and it needs to go

Honestly the population get hurt then it just get hurt and they migrate to another playlist. Cant satisfy everyone but for the people that want to compete for money, you have to accommodate them with settings that they feel are right. Dont nobody want to be the guy that died for game winning kill by the guy that chased him down with radar

• Downvote (-1) 1

No radar is how its been. Leave it that way

good maps is how it's been too.

i hate radar, but in this game, it does feel different. it's more like cod's radar, than past halo's. The maps, and sprinting change the game a lot

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

good maps is how it's been too.

i hate radar, but in this game, it does feel different. it's more like cod's radar, than past halo's. The maps, and sprinting change the game a lot

The radar not only tells you where someone is, it also tells you if they are on a different plane than you. Couple that with the INSANELY OP automatics and you get the mess we have now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno what everyone is complaining about. I've rarely run into campers while playing matchmaking. And when they do its with the scattershot or shotgun not any automatics.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I dunno what everyone is complaining about. I've rarely run into campers while playing matchmaking. And when they do its with the scattershot or shotgun not any automatics.

I'm kinda with you in the fact that I don't experience this supposed automatic epidemic in matchmaking, but when it does happen to me, it really sticks out and bothers me.