CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

h5-guardians-arena-the-rig-suppressive-f

The planet in the background really reminds me of CE. 

Edit: Also what's that powerup? It looks like that little ledge is one of the intractable map elements like on Eden. 

MLG CONFIRMED

Mgd3oQy.gif

Puckett is such a shitty caster.  The blind nostalgia towards him is absurd; you guys realize that his casting was never anything better than 'average', right? Dude came up as a caster back when the "competition" for the position was virtually non-existent.  His current CoD casting is l;laughable.

thCJHoh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

What The Fuck is happening?! I am gone for a day and it feels like I missed the industrial revolution. The hype is on another level and wow...I love it!

And for the love of God...Halo 5 must work flawless from start...

inb4 it launches for press and 343i goes "the MM will work better when everybody has the game".  :lxthul:

Optic lost to Epsilon on that boring CTF game, lol.

Also, need more info on the 'World' part.

Halo community is like a beaten housewife. MLG dropped halo and didn't want anything to do with the game that made them who they are, now that halo esports is gaining traction again they want to come back and everyone is pumped again. At least 343 is keeping EGL around so we wont be stranded when MLG bolts again.

There was a lot of things with what MLG did that upset Halo community and  then Halo got dropped. But you need to remember that Bunige  dropped Halo and when we transitioned to 343 thats when it was pretty much dead.

MLG is very good at running tournaments.

As long as we are not exclusively stuck with any one league with MLG control then Halo will be fine. 343 will have ultimate control means we will be able to assure the best for Halo.

I for one did not expect ESL and MLG will both be listed. I did not see it happening. In addition I do not see how twitch and youtube is also listed. I am very interested to see how things will pan out between ESL,MLG and Twtich,Youtube.

We ran SIXTY FIVE Halo events over a decade with zero support. We awarded nearly $5,000,000 in prize money and did our best to grow Halo. You have no idea what happens behind closed doors, but suffice it to say we're happy we're back.

... where the hell did that money come from?

We ran SIXTY FIVE Halo events over a decade with zero support. We awarded nearly $5,000,000 in prize money and did our best to grow Halo. You have no idea what happens behind closed doors, but suffice it to say we're happy we're back.

I fucking love you

• Upvote (+1) 1

You spelled "we back" wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I got my baby, baby the only league that I adore, MLG

So sayonara, try tomorrow, nice to know ya

My baby's traveled back to the arms of her rightful owner

And suddenly it seems that my controller sticks have just shifted

It's like the greatest game you can play

The weight has been lifted

• Upvote (+1) 2

I for one did not expect ESL and MLG will both be listed. I did not see it happening. In addition I do not see how twitch and youtube is also listed. I am very interested to see how things will pan out between ESL,MLG and Twtich,Youtube.

Why not? Thought that was a guarantee as both ESL and MLG are present in pretty much every other eSport.

Shit guys, i can't even think of anything witty or intricate to say right now. I'm just so effing excited by these announcements.

343 created a brand new Twitter just for the Halo Championship Series.

[image]

Follow @HCShttps://twitter.com/hcs

Question is if HCS and HWS is the same thing, but then why did they announce HWS as HWS and then keep HCS, makes it kind of confusing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why not? Thought that was a guarantee as both ESL and MLG are present in pretty much every other eSport.

because the way MLG has control over the CoD League. Forcing all tournaments to be streamed via mlg.tv

I think 343 wants more control over their league. Which I think is a better idea.

What do you mean by zero support? That seems like a huge slap in the face to all the sponsors that sponsored all these 65 tournaments. Not to mention a huge slap to the players/customers that attended and sold out a majority of your events.

Obviously having two gaming companies involved in Halo E-Sports is a good thing, so Ill leave it alone.

• Downvote (-1) 4