CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

By the way, according to Naded, he never tried to leave AE. 

Pls halp

Just post the link that's it :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did i miss the info about C9 leaving the Halo scene or is it just speculated?

They left. The rumors are that CompLexity is signing up the former C9 squad.

Do you guys think Puckett could cast? I would cry.

Puckett can do what he wants, he's like the VP of Broadcasting or something for MLG.

He's also the person who got me the opportunity to do the script writing for eSports Report when it first started so... Maybe Audley analyst hype?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is he mixing kool aid with a plastic butter knife? @3:28

Also i like how you put the EG checks on the wall right above him.

i think it was pre workout tbh, ive seen him drink that on stream

Puckett can do what he wants, he's like the VP of Broadcasting or something for MLG.

He's also the person who got me the opportunity to do the script writing for eSports Report when it first started so... Maybe Audley analyst hype?

Imagine Puckett & Walshy casting. They are good friends & competed together for a little. That would be dream team. Our current casters are fantastic already but Puckett, Walshy duo would be godly.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Randa is scrimming WFX with a team of Munoz, Stellur, & Suspectvr. This might just be the new Elevate roster.

Stellur, Suspector, Aries, and Prototype were running games as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stellur, Suspector, Aries, and Prototype were running games as well.

Stellur, Suspector, Aries, & Prototype sounds a lot more likely considering Munoz is on iSolation Empires.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stellur, Suspector, Aries, & Prototype sounds a lot more likely considering Munoz is on iSolation Empires.

Munoz making a move from that team would not surprise me in the least.

That is surprising. Did you never stop taking classes? Typically, to remain enrolled, you must at least be taking so many credits. 

Edit: Surprising that you remain enrolled, not that school wasn't a problem.

I honestly don't know and maybe Ohio does it differently.  I never had to re-enroll because I was still a student.  Did this at 3 different universities.

Do you guys think Puckett could cast? I would cry.

Why? So you can hear below-average casting with near non-existent game knowledge? 

Puckett casting back in the day was tolerable because he was still right there alongside the players and therefore had a sense of what was happening in-game.  Hearing him try to cast CoD in the past ~year has been brutal, because his game knowledge was virtually non-existent.  With him moving on to bigger and better things within MLG's growing landscape, it is obvious that he's not "into" the game anymore and therefore can no longer provide worthwhile commentary.

Take the nostalgia shades off.  It is almost comical how overrated Puckett is presented as in a casting sense.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Take the nostalgia shades off.  It is almost comical how overrated Puckett is presented as in a casting sense.

I'd like to see him as part of a tricast line-up.  Puckettisms are what made him so entertaining as a commentator in the olden days.  When you look back you remember the things like "Sneaky beaver" or "naughty armadillo" or "FearItself sniffing his monitor."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why? So you can hear below-average casting with near non-existent game knowledge? 

Puckett casting back in the day was tolerable because he was still right there alongside the players and therefore had a sense of what was happening in-game.  Hearing him try to cast CoD in the past ~year has been brutal, because his game knowledge was virtually non-existent.  With him moving on to bigger and better things within MLG's growing landscape, it is obvious that he's not "into" the game anymore and therefore can no longer provide worthwhile commentary.

I don't think he's that overrated, he has by far the best voice for broadcast/commentating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually really enjoy listening to Puckett when I watch old VODs, but if you compare the type of casting that went on back then to the type we've been getting lately, it's not even close. Back then the casting was just some hype with long moments of silence in-between. Now, casting for Halo is super analytical and nitty-gritty compared to the casting of old. 

At least, that's my take on it. Not to say that Puckett *couldn't* cast today and keep up with everyone else, I just think the style of casting is pretty different than what we used to have.

Yeah, Puckett is good at speaking and has a good voice and some funny stream moments but isn't really great at any specific talent when it comes to commentating.

He's good but he is definitely overrated. Would love to see him back though, with Walshy it would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lots of scrims going on, or about to go on.

1. Winterfox vs (possible) eLevate

2. Optic Halo vs CLG

3. EG vs Cloud 9 (with Frosty)

Gonna try to keep an update on the current scrims going on. Each game has a link to Halo Tracker so you can see the stats.

Series Score: Evil Geniuses 10-4 Cloud 9

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, EG Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, EG Wins 50-49

Game 3 - Strongholds The Rigt, EG Wins 100-59

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Truth, EG Wins 3-0

Game 5 - Team Slayer Regret, EG Wins 50-35

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Fathom, EG Wins 3-1

Game 7 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-47

Game 8 - Strongholds Eden, EG Wins 100-75

Game 9 - Team Slayer Plaza, C9 Wins 50-40

Game 10 - Strongholds Empire, EG Wins 100-90

Game 11 - Breakout Gambol, C9 Wins 5-2