CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On the 4th of Nov they announced it reached 1.5 and today the 19th they announced it was 1.7

So in 15 days we've gone up 200k

Not bad, and we can expect another big bump around xmas and then again with the hcs specific req packs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Halo is following the COD/LoL (and now DOta 2)  route, this is good. Now  for god's sake...radar out pls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand. Is the entirety of Season 3 just a leadup to the HWC?

No other LAN events at all?

*Edit*

Also shoutout to having 8 online events in a row again :\

Was just thinking about this. So many online events, they will be vital. So much money on the line.

Do we start seeing Team houses?

*Waits for the Sudds to announce they are moving to a different country to try to grab a HWC spot*

• Upvote (+1) 2

jgR9WoG.png

"The HaloWC Rulebook is considered a living document and may be updated and modified at any time, for any reason. Rulings outside the scope of this document may be made to preserve fair play and tournament integrity."

--Radar "could" be removed between now and then.  #ProbablyNotThough
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Was hoping for big events from mlg and esl (like old mlg events and esl "one"s)

:/

Best of 3 sucks

Radar on sucks

8 online events in a row are okay now that the game doesn't suck and its all on dedis

No pro league?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was hoping for big events from mlg and esl (like old mlg events and esl "one"s)

:/

Best of 3 sucks

Radar on sucks

8 online events in a row are okay now that the game doesn't suck and its all on dedis

No pro league?

Wait for MLG to announce their stuff.   :grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Always lurking but ill answer as many questions as I can gents and try to get you answers as ever to questions I don't know, its going to be a great event.

If you aren't casting the HWC, I will not watch. Please make this happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait for MLG to announce their stuff. :grunt:

Oh mlg hasn't announced their stuff yet?

So essentially we could be seeing a pro league or big LAN events?

Also, no esl pro league I assume. Which is weird because aren't they doing one for gears?

Maps & Gametypes: 

Breakout ○ Altitude ○ Gambol ○ Trench ○ Trident ●

Team Slayer ○ Coliseum ○ The Rig ○ Plaza ○ Eden ○ Empire ○ Regret ○ Truth ●

Capture the Flag ○ Coliseum ○ Truth ○ Fathom ○ Empire ●

Strongholds ○ The Rig ○ Coliseum ○ Eden ○ Empire ○ Plaza

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh mlg hasn't announced their stuff yet?

So essentially we could be seeing a pro league or big LAN events?

Also, no esl pro league I assume. Which is weird because aren't they doing one for gears?

According to MrAdam on Twitter....more is to come from MLG announcements  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

If mlg does legit events I hope they don't have all the issues I've been seeing from them recently.

For those that didn't notice, according to the rules, Breakout now has shields. That should make it a little bit easier to watch for spectators.

9438c4c2ef15d9a11017abba76fa6008.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those that didn't notice, according to the rules, Breakout now has shields. That should make it a little bit easier to watch for spectators.

9438c4c2ef15d9a11017abba76fa6008.png

Well that's oddly specific.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well that's oddly specific.

Probably trying to maintain the same kill times as before, but make it easier to understand from a viewer perspective.

Ayyy, no more 'locked in' garbage. Well, until you qualify for the HWC regional finals that is.

hJJp2ZW.png

HCS Season 2 Finals Cloud 9 Stats

There interesting because alot of people see Hysteria as a big Slayer. He actually got the least kills and by far and away more obj

Good

Large prize pool will help with some hype (personally Ive never gave a crap about prize pools) with the tourney.
MLG back. They have their faults but them + work Halo creates buzz.

Multiple "wildcard" qualifiers.
Multiple partners involved

Bad

Lacking spectator details. Their big event is 4 months away and we still dont know where it, and the other regionals, are. Large crowds are becoming the norm now.

Lack of live events. Online only qualifiers with minimal LAN events (especially for NA) is a step back to even last years HCS.
Lack of consistent content, we will only see the very top teams in competition 2/3 weekends for the next 6 months (presuming they only need 1 qualifier)

Poor spectator mode ruins all the online viewing potential. Will they all be streamed?

I hope 343 are prepared for when foreign teams go to LAN events in different countries and they have VISA applications prepared.

Overall its good but the model seems to copying COD champs, a model that they ditched last year in favour of a more sustainable one.

Pretty underwhelming considering how long they waiting for announcements.

Frankly I would've been much more happy if they'd spread the money out through the qualifiers/regionals rather than just hoard it all for the HWC finals. $1,000 to win a qualifier? I won $250 playing in some bullshit tier-3 Gamebattles bracket back in 2008. And that's in NA.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can only imagine that MLG will stream their Halo matches. Didn't they do that with CoD?

COD had a decent spec mode.