CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@ssbChad You actually went back and negged every post that I have ever made. Wtf?

:salt: just got :rekt:

Not really. The article says he dropped out and he openly admitted that he took time off. Before he went back, for all intents and purposes, he had dropped out. I am glad that he finished though. It is always good to have a backup plan. 

• Downvote (-1) 8

That's great and all, but what is the point of Chad's metrics if not to give a representation of the player's performance? Otherwise, what he is doing is completely pointless because we can't get any information from it. 

The follow up question would how do we quantify the performance of a player in a tournament? Yeah, there are always things that are going to be impossible to account for, but overall there should be a way to indicate which player did better or worse than another player. That is the entire point of looking at the numbers. 

You do this by seeing how they did as a team & if you really want to, get a hold of all the POV's of each team for each game. Then you have to go over all the plays with a smart guy like Audley, & I guess count good vs bad plays (how good vs how bad too). That is probably the closest/best way to do it.

Yeah, okay. 

They don't, but do you really think that GMs, coaches, and owners aren't looking at them?

They ask pros, look at some gameplay, & look at the results that their TEAM placed. You may not have a great shot but you can be an OBJ god or knowledgable player, & you will win most OBJ games. You may not be flashy but you can help your team in other ways than just winning your 1v1s & hitting all your shots.

Not about the GOAT.

I do believe that most of posters are below average intelligence. I am also serious about the stats. The fact remains that we just aren't looking at the numbers close enough. It would be a lot for someone to do it as in depth as would be necessary. Like I said, I have considered doing it for a team or two, but it would simply take too much time. 

~snip~

Being that pessimistic can be negative to your mood. I know from my experience from browsing matchmaking solo :P

False. You claimed I 'dropped out' in an attempt to make it look like I could not handle/complete college. I remained enrolled as a student throughout all of my years, whether I was enrolled for classes at the time or not. I was, for all intents and purposes, always planning to finish. P.S. it was quite easy. School was never a problem for me.

Don't even waste your time man it isn't worth it. Just keep doing your thing.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Damn it 343! This is what happens when you deprive us of HCS news...arguments about stats and education.

Exciting stuff  :kappa:

False.  You claimed I 'dropped out' in an attempt to make it look like I could not handle/complete college.  I remained enrolled as a student throughout all of my years, whether I was enrolled for classes at the time or not.  I was, for all intents and purposes, always planning to finish.  P.S. it was quite easy.  School was never a problem for me.

That is surprising. Did you never stop taking classes? Typically, to remain enrolled, you must at least be taking so many credits. 

Edit: Surprising that you remain enrolled, not that school wasn't a problem.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Got a little salty in here overnight.

Moving on.

And people wonder why pros don't post here that often. Gotta deal with kids like thesaltmine. 

seriously, i don't know how he can get away with berating a pro (over personal life choices)

and then he said "everyone who posts here is dumb, i am smart, everyone here is dumber than me"

i guess thats acceptable behavior around here

@@LethuL your face stinks and you should have went to college, @Everyone_Else you are all stupid idiots, unlike me, cause i'm smart, and cool

• Upvote (+1) 2

seriously, i don't know how he can get away with berating a pro (over personal life choices)

and then he said "everyone who posts here is dumb, i am smart, everyone here is dumber than me"

i guess thats acceptable behavior around here

@@LethuL your face stinks and you should have went to college, @Everyone_Else you are all stupid idiots, unlike me, cause i'm smart, and cool

It isn't and the user has been dealt with.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Mods asleep lets  post  ponies !!!! 

OT : Goat Posting here(more than once in 1 night), times are changing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome to see the scrims start back up.   I'm sure there would be more and more scrims if 343 WOULD ANNOUNCE THEIR HCS/HWC/HWCS/WTFHCWSWS PLANS!!!!!

**Edit: 30 mins later they announce HWC news. You're welcome World.

Awesome to see the scrims start back up.   I'm sure there would be more and more if 343 WHEN ANNOUNCE THEIR HCS/HWC/HWCS/WTFHCWSWS PLANS!!!!!

Well well well