CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, I guess I'm subscribed to XboxJapan for some reason?
Anyway, this popped up in my sub box.

I guess these are the most prominent Japanese pros? The only one I could find anything on was Vexation:

Going to be interesting to see where the #1 Asia team comes from. I'd guess South Korea? That's the one Asian country I could see having a really good team, as western games seem to be more popular over there than any other country in that region. Maybe Russia? Philippines?

Thoughts on how TL is looking?

I was watching Ninja's stream on my phone from work, saw like games 11-18 but had it on Medium quality because I only got 10 Gigs and gotta make it last the whole month. From what I could tell, Ninja was extremely aggressive. He was the best player at times, and the worst player at times. I think with more practice, he'll slow down a little, and the rest of the team will speed up a little and they'll work together better. Liquid was the better team in Breakout games, by far. Breakout seems to be their niche with Chig being the most solid at it.

Chig seemed to struggle the most in the few non-breakout games I saw, at least stats-wise, but again, small sample and it was hard for me to read stats because I was only half watching the stream, and mostly listening and glancing.

They got absolutely destroyed on Regret TS 50-27, at which point Ninja said they would definitely veto that map/gametype as it's their worst. 

Fun series to watch. Most non-breakout games were close, other than that Regret TS game. This was the first scrim I've watched from any teams and it exceeded expectations, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also that was an 18 game scrim and it took about what, 2 and a half hours? Honestly pretty fast. Nice to have a game without lobby issues and ridiculous load times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please learn to breakout m8

Batchford the type of person who steals the flag and hides outside the map in Breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got off work, can someone give me a scrim breakdown? Who won/looked good? Who all scrimmed?

Going to be interesting to see where the #1 Asia team comes from. I'd guess South Korea? That's the one Asian country I could see having a really good team, as western games seem to be more popular over there than any other country in that region. Maybe Russia? Philippines?

I dont think this is true, they barely use Xboxes. Id Imagine it will probably be Hong Kong or Singapore, both use xboxes more and Singapore has somewhat of a Halo community. And thats where the servers are positioned which will probably help. Russia will most likely be grouped with Europe

it sucks that some stat tracking is missing from halo tracker. such as damage dealt and hit percentage. I hope they update to include all the other stats. there's so much information available

dont event bother looking at halo waypoint stat tracking. i dont think you can see custom game stats on waypoint. so sad.

I dont think this is true, they barely use Xboxes. Id Imagine it will probably be Hong Kong or Singapore, both use xboxes more and Singapore has somewhat of a Halo community. And thats where the servers are positioned which will probably help. Russia will most likely be grouped with Europe

Actually, yeah, I can see Singapore for sure. I wonder if/hope that the Asian team can hold their own against some of the NA/EU teams. As far as I know there's not a history of competitive Halo over there, and more global representation = more of an audience.

Actually, yeah, I can see Singapore for sure. I wonder if/hope that the Asian team can hold their own against some of the NA/EU teams. As far as I know there's not a history of competitive Halo over there, and more global representation = more of an audience.

If EU and AU teams cant, then I very much doubt that any of them can. Same for South America.

There were only 29 kills with automatic weapons (AR, Storm, SMG).

That's out of 476 total kills.

That's 6.09% of the kills.

I'd be interested to see a per map breakdown of this if you're willing. I have a feeling maps like Fathom and Empire where the storm rifle is abundant and the map is relatively confined we'd see a concentration of these (based on my own anecdotal experiences and the couple games I caught of the scrims).

For any pro team and top am team who may see this; I'm looking to coach for this upcoming season, instead of trying to compete myself. If you're in need of a very serious option, please consider hearing what i have to say and got to offer. Just hit me back and ill dm you.   

:ghost:

For those curious...

Across the first four non-Breakout games in the Liquid vs CLG scrim (that's all I've compiled so far)...

There were only 29 kills with automatic weapons (AR, Storm, SMG).

That's out of 476 total kills.

That's 6.09% of the kills.

There were 242 Magnum kills (50.84%)

91 kills with "better Rifles" (19.12%)

29 kills with pad-spawning power weapons (Truth Plasma Caster, Coliseum Rockets+Sniper, Rig Railgun, and Fathom Railgun).  Again, that's 6.09% of the kills.

That leaves 85 kills from Grenades, Spartan Charges, Tier 2 Power Weapons (Scattershot, Sword), Flagnum, or me overlooking something when adding the above stats.

I just wish we could see damage dealt by weapons rather than kills as well as damage dealt that ended up resulting in a kill in some fashion. Things like this invariably forget about sprays that lead to beatdowns or assists etc. Basically they only tell you what finished the kill and not what contributed to kills. If we could see things like what I mentioned it would make for informed discussion and analysis when trying to compare different settings rather than the numbers we're given that don't actually fully represent the situation 

Ryanoob spectated a custom game lobby of Randa in which he was showing Optic different spots/jumps/callouts on Eden   :intel:

Late I guess 

Update: they lost a ctf on truth against Ryanoob,Walshy and two randoms

That is hilarious that they have played that little that Randa is teaching Optic. Also, I love that Ryan was watching them do that so much.

optic + randa just lost to walshy, ryannoob, and two randoms on Truth CTF

edit: just lost to them again on Empire Slayer

That's bad but remember that WFX fucked C9 up when both teams just formed. Then C9 placed 4th at finals & WFX placed 5th-6th.

I just wish we could get numbers that prove my theory that pro Halo is just ARs and Camping, these numbers must be a fluke or were not seeing the whole story :kappa:

In reality its clear from those numbers that Pro Halo 5 is far from camping with ARs.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just wish we could get numbers that prove my theory that pro Halo is just ARs and Camping, these numbers must be a fluke or were not seeing the whole story :kappa:

Tickle, plz.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

In reality its clear from those numbers that Pro Halo 5 is far from camping with ARs.

See, that's why regular players aren't enjoying the game as much. The game was tested and balanced for a high level of play - anything less, and noobier options become way more useful. 

There's a difference between balancing around competitive play and balancing around the 1%.