CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

^people still think twitch numbers would be higher if the game was changed?

news flash, viewers follow people and orgs regardless of how skillfull the game is. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

^people still think twitch numbers would be higher if the game was changed?

news flash, viewers follow people and orgs regardless of how skillfull the game is. 

You may follow the org but nobody is going to sit and watch people crouch walk half the map in an attempt to flank, or spray people down just because their favourite org is playing in the match.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just wish 343 had planned out the competitive side of things a lot earlier. I feel like a lot of hype is being lost because we still have no word on HCS events. 

I could care less what settings I play on, and just because we are used to playing without radar doesn't mean it's a bad thing. 

What? Is this like when you said Halo 4 was going to be amazing? I never thought I would see the day when you would be okay with radar in competitive Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

he lives in the optic house and i'm sure he made more than enough from his YT videos to spend 150 bucks on an elgato

"i got a virus"

all he's got is lame excuses, not surprised really

but at the same time there is 0 reason to upload halo content when he can just fart into a camcorder for 10 minutes and get 50k views

His problem is that when he puts the capture card into the computer it won't start. So it doesn't make sense to me either why he wouldn't just use an external capture card. They work just as well so idk what the fixation is about it having to be an internal card.

Pros should be pushing for the best settings.

They're worried about 'biting the hand that feeds', but if you just blindly accept what's given to you, it'll fail down the road.

Longevity + Discussion > Short term + No Discussion

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not even my most pessimistic prediction could imagine that HCS would be in this state one month after the release. No info, no hype, no anything. Can someone please be kind and explain why 343 doesnt use the momentum from the release and instead choose to wait until the interest for this game is dead before they do something?

• Upvote (+1) 2

we're only two weeks out from December and we still have no real HCS info, I had some friends ready to create an amateur team, but most of them have lost interest already :(

Not even my most pessimistic prediction could imagine that HCS would be in this state one month after the release. No info, no hype, no anything. Can someone please be kind and explain why 343 doesnt use the momentum from the release and instead choose to wait until the interest for this game is dead before they do something?

they are a poorly organized and ran company

how can they have 3 years of dev time and not include every basic gametype? 

there is only one explanation, bad management 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#sustain

Snipedown's post just confuses me so much.

Why would we want to stop the discussion?

What if the Halo community had stopped the discussion at vanilla Halo: Reach?

What if we stopped discussing at Halo 4?

What if we stopped when they tried to put in Ricochet?

Discussing things is how we make them better. 343 may know some stuff, but they don't know everything. They can't predict how successful some things are going to be or not. That's why they try stuff, and then it gets talked about whether yes or no.

To just blindly say "I'd play competitive Warzone if they said to" is crazy to me because you've just made yourself, and your opinion, pointless.

Nothing is infallible and doesn't deserve discussion. Including 343.

I didn't once say to stop the discussion, it just needs to be gone about in a different way. Yes, the game without radar would be better for competitive play, I think we can all agree with that. However, Halo has been falling for a long time now competitively and they are trying something different. Adding a gametype like ricochet which is just completely broken right away, or adding bloom to a gun and taking away true skill are completely different in my opinion than radar which makes you have slight adjustments to your gameplay. The Warzone statement? C'mon. Obviously I would tell them id rather play anything else, my statement was that I would still play it because I love Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

they are a poorly organized and ran company

how can they have 3 years of dev time and not include every basic gametype? 

there is only one explanation, bad management 

I've thought this ever since they never reverted back to H3's matchmaking system. Without remarking on any other aspect of the Halo series, I can't believe 343 hasn't at least based their matchmaking system off of H3. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown's post really confused me.... Why would we ever be quiet for radar? He said Halo 4 was the best game ever so I have a hard time trusting what he said earlier. If we were quiet since Reach, there's no doubt in my mind Halo would be much MUCH different game than it is today. We cannot be quiet, we need to be loud, that's the only way we can help the game be better.

BUT I do agree with solo que and party restriction. It's breaking the game right now

Wow I like how I'm stating the reason why the game is better because we were vocal about the changes and people hated on that lmao

• Downvote (-1) 5

Snipedown's post really confused me.... Why would we ever be quite for radar? He said Halo 4 was the best game ever so I have a hard time trusting what he said earlier. If we were quite since Reach, there's no doubt in my mind Halo would be much MUCH different game than it is today. We cannot be quite, we need to be loud, that's the only way we can help the game be better.

BUT I do agree with solo que and party restriction. It's breaking the game right now

Come on son. Quiet my dude. Quiet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could care less what settings I play on, and just because we are used to playing without radar doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I would play competitive Warzone if I was given an opportunity in life like this one. People complaining about radar? Why not use the map geometry different, clamber from higher positions, it's not like this game is a stalemate fest. I crouch in a corner with scattershot, get one kill and move to a new position. Goofys poll was so skewed since all his Twitter following IS the competitive side of things. I'm honestly surprised there was 17% or whatever in favor of radar. I am quiet because I'm not trying to split the community anymore than it already is, and neither should we. The debates on this forum will not make a large impact on 343 to change their settings they've been testing for over a year. The real issue for us competitive players is the lack of a sole que playlist, running into teams of four in matchmaking is destroying any chance of "new" competitive players testing things out because they just get ran on over and over... I wouldn't want to play either if I was them. This is a huge issue and should have been thought about at launch. A sole que playlist also gives people the opportunity to form teams, or at least party up into twos and run with. Just my two cents

So you couldn't care less about the settings of a game you're competing in? I guess you wanna win an easy 1.5 mil by crouching around corners with automatics then. Honestly I can't blame you, it's an easy victory.

Really though, posts like this make me sad. Pros should be advocating for the removal of gameplay crutches.

• Downvote (-1) 3

The first part of your post is 100% accurate. The second part I'm so tired of seeing used against me. 1st off. It was a PRE release tournament, the hype of just competing in a new halo and enjoyment is there, especially after a few dominating performances. No, I didn't think the game was amazing, but look at the circumstances... Halo: Reach was dropped for numbers from MLG. MLG gives Halo 4 a chance and throws a tournament for us, and I'm just supposed to bash a brand new game while Halo and my career as a competitive Halo player are on the line. That sounds like an awful idea. Was it a sellout move? Yea. It probably was, but I didn't know nearly enough about the game at the time to know how bad it really was. After Halo was rock bottom and there were no events every pro, including myself, laid into the game.

Yeah, I wasn't giving you shit for doing it in H4. I am giving you shit because you are doing it again with that "can't we all be happy with out of the box setting for competitive H5" spiel. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I agree @@Synner117 AE could be pretty decent. El Town is the "weak link" according to most. He hasn't had much success in past games but he seems to be doing pretty well in this game & on par with Naded (minus the experience) from what I have seen. 

On another note, if Naded wanted out of AE, could Optic Naded become a thing? Randa is looking more likely but I would rather have Naded because he is better for business than Randa. Naded already has a large following for Halo, he is experienced, & grinds. 

Also, I bet the pros just read our theories, sit there sipping their Monster or Red Bull whoever sponsors them & just laugh at us.

Thinking about it, this is something that COULD happen. Naded is probably the 3rd most viewed h5 streamer behind O2 and Snip3down, but probably get more financial support than O2. He would bring a lot to the Halo OpTic brand but I don't think he wants to abandon his current project so easily

edit: forgot about ninja lel

• Upvote (+1) 1