CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't consider teams outside the top 16 to even be relevant at this point. I have the feeling teams like that are making so many mistakes a video would be somewhere between Toxic Negativity and Snuff Film.

However, if -anyone- wants me to breakdown their gameplay, all they have to do is ask me and get me to add them on XBL.

I love that you do this and I also completely agree - 17th-32nd teams now are like top 64-128 in 2009. How do I know this? Because I tied with 8 other teams for "17th" my last 2 events and I placed top 64 at 3 events in 2009. Basically you have close games with top 32/48 teams but can't pull it out because of poor execution and not clutching it when you need to. Definitely not relevant or even worth talking about imo. There's a reason League of Legends and CSGO only stream the top teams. (and they're successful) It's like watching the Super Bowl/World Cup or going down the street to watch some kids kick a ball..

OT: Loving the drama! Can't wait for the Randa/Goofy match up at Worlds! 

Suspector / Fathom CTF.

Not sure why the webcam/audio isn't synched this time, the delays are both set to the same amount.  But, no more AudleyFace in the corner.  Also vid of a player I knew nothing about.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Suspector and Frosty will be the next big things in 2016. They have some serious raw talent and intelligent playmaking ability. 

I was not impressed by Suspector.

He has some moments, but the cream of the crop are about consistency.

Frosty and Spartan are the two "new" players I think bring the most to the table right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was not impressed by Suspector.

He has some moments, but the cream of the crop are about consistency.

You're definitely right about that, so maybe you should watch more than just one game?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like Randa needs to become the Pre-EG Lxthul - where he just trolled the world.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I want to hear what the pros have to say about the competitive aspect of this game. It's really weird that they are so quiet in regards to the obvious corner crouching automatic fest. Either they think it's fine (which seems weird) or they just don't care. Goofy mentioning Radar is 100% fine I don't know why he got hate for it. If this was H4 and 343 tried to use radar in comp I guarantee pros would be pretty vocal. I just find the lack of complaining...strange. The game is very casual right now and there is a $1 million tourney. I mean as soon as CoD released a bunch of pros have been very vocal about things that need to be banned and nerfed. Whether they should or shouldn't isn't the point, it's the fact that they are at least trying to make it as competitive as possible. With Halo 5 everyone just seems to keep saying "adapt" in 100 different ways.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We need more  :lxthul:  in that twitter trash talk, miss old Lethul :(

( What have you done EG...)

• Upvote (+1) 1

He said in his most recent video that he was going to post 2 halo videos but his capture card breaks his computer.

That is also the reason he can't stream. So he's gaming Halo, but he just can't really post evidence.

(It's at 35 seconds)

he lives in the optic house and i'm sure he made more than enough from his YT videos to spend 150 bucks on an elgato

"i got a virus"

all he's got is lame excuses, not surprised really

but at the same time there is 0 reason to upload halo content when he can just fart into a camcorder for 10 minutes and get 50k views

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG not play?

What team did play is a better question.

Also, goofy's poll is at 83% in favour of no radar with about 1,200 votes. The community and pro scene need to work together to make it happen though, especially the pro scene.

Someone needs to send an email to the top 8 team's from last year and get in writing if they are in favour or not and show 343.

If they listen or not is another question

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if I'd call it an ego. Goofy had multiple top 8 finishes in Halo 3, Reach, and 4. That's a tall feat, especially with the amount of competition and good players that were around back then (Halo 3 and Reach). I'm sure in his mind it's hard to compare what Randa has accomplished (top 4-8 in H2A one game/3-4 events) to anything he accomplished in the past. Not to mention he's still young and has Naded (countless top 4 finishes), Str8 Sick (sick individual skill), and eL ToWn (NY/NJHalo, he and Spartan won a 2v2 Halo 4 LAN that involved beating Snipedown and Heinz. Can't find a source but I'm pretty sure I remember this happening) as his teammates. This team is filled with underrated pros, some of which still need to prove themselves, but I don't think people should be quick to judge their talent until we see them compete. I'm not an Allegiance apologist nor am I saying they are a top 4 team, all I'm saying is they could be. They deserve a chance to prove or disprove this rather than being completely dismissed. Before some users fly off and auto neg this post I'd like to make it clear that I'm not smearing Randa or praising Goofy with this post. I'm simply a Naded fan since Storm Ventures and really want to see him win. Sometimes it takes an odd combination of players to knock off the champion**

**MLG Orlando Championships 2009, MLG Raleigh 2011, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love how people treat Randa like some ammy scrub... he placed 4th, 4th, & 6th in H2A, the first Halo game he'd ever competed in. 

Hasn't he been playing for years?

I agree @@Synner117 AE could be pretty decent. El Town is the "weak link" according to most. He hasn't had much success in past games but he seems to be doing pretty well in this game & on par with Naded (minus the experience) from what I have seen. 

On another note, if Naded wanted out of AE, could Optic Naded become a thing? Randa is looking more likely but I would rather have Naded because he is better for business than Randa. Naded already has a large following for Halo, he is experienced, & grinds. 

Also, I bet the pros just read our theories, sit there sipping their Monster or Red Bull whoever sponsors them & just laugh at us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I believe the TL announcement is today, so keep an eye out for that.

In regards to what the pros think of the game, I think the majority of them actually like it. I happen to think this game plays great at a high level. Obviously a few tweaks are needed, but it feels nice to have a game that is pretty solid out of the box at a high level. Also, I see people refer to it as " crouching in a corner with an AR". Have you actually watched pro gameplay? I have seen that happen maybe once. Yes the AR is an effective weapon and ive seen it used situationally but reading these forums you'd think they were all running around with ARs which is simply not true.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

-snip-

I think you're getting some of those placings mixed up with his brothers placings.

I think you're getting some of those placings mixed up with his brothers placings.

Elaborate please. I think you misread my post. The four players I talked about placings for were all Allegiance. I only referred to Randa having 3-4 events in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could care less what settings I play on, and just because we are used to playing without radar doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I would play competitive Warzone if I was given an opportunity in life like this one. People complaining about radar? Why not use the map geometry different, clamber from higher positions, it's not like this game is a stalemate fest. I crouch in a corner with scattershot, get one kill and move to a new position. Goofys poll was so skewed since all his Twitter following IS the competitive side of things. I'm honestly surprised there was 17% or whatever in favor of radar. I am quiet because I'm not trying to split the community anymore than it already is, and neither should we. The debates on this forum will not make a large impact on 343 to change their settings they've been testing for over a year. The real issue for us competitive players is the lack of a sole que playlist, running into teams of four in matchmaking is destroying any chance of "new" competitive players testing things out because they just get ran on over and over... I wouldn't want to play either if I was them. This is a huge issue and should have been thought about at launch. A sole que playlist also gives people the opportunity to form teams, or at least party up into twos and run with. Just my two cents

I don't see people at your level sitting in corners but people can reach Onyx in FFA or Doubles from sitting in corners. I always searched solo in Doubles so the solo que would help that out because I wouldn't be against people who would coordinate to both camp in corners. I think that the noobs are able to camp in corners but your level of play doesn't have noobs like that. Inn half the games I ran against people who could actually play & then half the games were campers. If people run into campers they can nade them out so really we can't decide yet on the radar.

In competitive play it works alright but the biggest issue that I see is that it is hard to flank without popping up on somebody's radar. However, there are so many allies on the maps that people can still flank. You haven't had too much issue with flanking from what I have seen, so it could actually create more skill in flanking. I am curious how the pros have found flanking.

The real issue for us competitive players is the lack of a sole que playlist, running into teams of four in matchmaking is destroying any chance of "new" competitive players testing things out because they just get ran on over and over... I wouldn't want to play either if I was them. This is a huge issue and should have been thought about at launch. A sole que playlist also gives people the opportunity to form teams, or at least party up into twos and run with. Just my two cents

This. This. This. This.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Elaborate please. I think you misread my post. The four players I talked about placings for were all Allegiance. I only referred to Randa having 3-4 events in H2A.

yup. misread

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6783-1366041462-9.g

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hasn't he been playing for years?

No. The Randa from older halos was his brother.