CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:lxthul:

In theory (assuming Elevate has fallen apart and they'll all end up as 4ths for other teams), the 8th best NA team right now is Allegiance. The next best team is probably Isolation, and imo there's a pretty big gap between those two teams, so at the moment I think top 8 is best.

EG practicing on Twitch. First time with all 4 members (No Towey. What does he do when EG grinds?). Things are looking pretttty rough. That time off lookin like it did some damage. We'll see, though.

Did another video tonight, breaking down how Snip3down uses map geometry to break sightlines for staying alive longer or getting flanks.  It's something everyone does, but something at which he excels.

Also, FULL EG HYPE?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey ya'll, 
Feels good to be back.  Just read for at least 2 hours and 20 some pages.  Haven't visited the TB forums since the end of S2 finals, and I truly have missed it. I haven't personally bought H5 yet, but have been watching it nearly every night on Twitch (mostly Ninja, Heinz and Naded), and I love what I see.  I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.  I didn't think the Pistol/AR start was going to work for competitive play, but after watching it relentlessly for the past 2 weeks, I can say I thoroughly enjoy watching pistol battles.  I was also skeptical about the new spartan abilities (ground 'n pound, spartan charge, etc) being in competitive play, but I can now say, after watching enough, that I really do enjoy them.  And the reason being.... they SEEM balanced.  This is from a viewing standpoint. Like I said, I haven't played H5, besides the BETA, so maybe I'll feel different once I purchase it next weekend, but as for being a viewer, I love the intrigue of watching all of the different combinations that can be used with the Ground 'n Pound when combining with + Thrust and also with + with Stabilizer and finishing it off with a + Clamber.  Like most, I am always nervous for a new Halo to come out, especially every Halo post 3, because I just don't know what we are going to get. However, I still end up purchasing it, and enjoying it until a year passes, and the population is too low that I can't find a game (I game from 1am to 4am) usually. However, I don't see that happening with H5... at least I hope not.

Sorry for rambling, on to HCS.  I am really starting to crave some team scrims, announcements of LAN tournies, and hopefully a online season/league. It is exciting seeing all of the organizations and sponsors jumping on board, but most of all, just all of the rivalries, conflicts, legacies, etc, that brings out the best in the competitive scene.  EG is the favorite, as they should be after last year's performance, but personally, I just don't know if Halo 5's gameplay and mechanics translate best to their team's style of play.  Don't get me wrong, they are all highly talented, and the 4 of them are all top 10, if not top 5 players in their own right.  However, after watching every LAN and online cup, I feel that EG dominates when they are in control, push their opponent in to positions on the map they don't want to be in, and slow the game down to their style and their speed.  What I am getting at is, from what I have seen so far, Halo 5 is very, very fast.  Likely the fastest Halo we have seen up to this point.  An individual can get from Point A to Point B in seconds, and it feels that everyone on the map is constantly revolving or moving towards the action.  I feel that this was the exact opposite of H2A.  In my opinion, H2A was slow, probably much slower that 343i anticipated it to be for competitive play.  H2A was built on securing an area, holding it down, and making your opponent come to you.  EG thrived in this type of gameplay because of their top-tier communication, as well as, their team-shot and individual skill. H5 appears to rely on much more individual battles, being able to make split second decisions, and being able to rotate around the map at a frantic pace in order to secure weapons, help out teams or pick up power-ups.  I am not saying that EG will fall out of the top 4 because that is ridiculous just based on their teamwork and communication, but I just don't personally see them being head-and-shoulders above the rest of the competition like we saw with H2A. 

I do like Nv's lineup, like many others, but like what I read on previous pages, I also see Ola as a bit of a wildcard at this very moment.  He had some moments with C9 towards the end of H2A, but nothing like what we had seen in the past.  If he can rise to the occasion and become the Wizard that he is capable of being, if I was a betting man at this point, I'd probably put my money on Nv over EG at this moment, but there is a lot of "ifs" for me.  

It sounds like Unlegit will be Team Liquid's fourth, and I really do like that pickup.  After watching Ninja's stream the past week, Unlegit really surprised me with his gameplay just for his raw talent and some of the stats he was putting up.  I had heard of him, but now seeing more of him, I think he will be a great fit.  No doubt, Mikwen would've put Team Liquid in to a consist Top4 placing, but I like what I am seeing with Team Liquid. Plus, no one is going to practice more than them.  

Lastly, I've heard both pro's and con's for Breakout, but I personally can't get enough of it.  I think it is very competitive and is going to continue to evolve in to something special.  The strats for each team, and how they go after certain players, is going to be great.  The only think I think should be changed, and done so immediately, is the fact that there is a "tie" if one team has more remaining players than their opponent when the time runs out.  That is absurd.  Most of you know what I am talking about, but for example, Blue team has 2 members die and 2 alive ..... and Red team has 3 members die and only 1 member alive when the time expires, it counts as a "tie" and the round is replayed.  I feel the team with the most alive players should take the round.  I hope they change this, but other than that, I can't wait for some Round 11, sudden death, winner takes the series Breakout to take place.

Excited for Halo season to be in full swing.  

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unlegit will be a good fit to replace Mikwen in terms of slaying power. Whether or not his raw talent blossoms in the HCS remains to be seen, but I can tell you that I'll be watching Liquid very closely this season.

EG practicing on Twitch. First time with all 4 members (No Towey. What does he do when EG grinds?). Things are looking pretttty rough. That time off lookin like it did some damage. We'll see, though.

I watched some of Lethul's rebroadcast and they seemed to be winning most of their matches and if they did lose it was by a small margin. The one exception would be regret slayer which they do look like they need to work on but overall they looked fine. Perhaps a little rusty but hardly anything to worry about. 

:lxthul:

LOL ... you can't make this shit up lol.  inb4 Sudds move to Fiji to try to take over that Oceania spot!  

though to be fair, it really would help the scene if new AM teams could rise up and make the HWC finals; not much of an incentive for young guns to grind it out if the top 8 spots are basically already a lock

Did another video tonight, breaking down how Snip3down uses map geometry to break sightlines for staying alive longer or getting flanks.  It's something everyone does, but something at which he excels.

Also, FULL EG HYPE?

I say this as someone who is a fan of your gameplay breakdowns ... having that as your forum AV is bad enough, no need to put it in videos as well

• Upvote (+1) 5

I say this as someone who is a fan of your gameplay breakdowns ... having that as your forum AV is bad enough, no need to put it in videos as well

What is wrong with having it as my avatar? It is a face that sticks with people -- you see that face and you instantly think, "That is TiberiusAudley."

I've had a few instances where I started talking to a more established personality about something, and they responded, "Oh yeah, you're that dude with the face."

I can understand if it's intrusive/tacky/out of place in the vids, but the rest of your objection to it confuses me.

What is wrong with having it as my avatar? It is a face that sticks with people -- you see that face and you instantly think, "That is TiberiusAudley."

I've had a few instances where I started talking to a more established personality about something, and they responded, "Oh yeah, you're that dude with the face."

I can understand if it's intrusive/tacky/out of place in the vids, but the rest of your objection to it confuses me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, there's just no need to put it in your videos. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Meh its a minor point either way, dont worry about it.

Id like to see you break down upper end AM players where there is a better ratio of good-not so good play. Would be more challenging for you as an analyst im sure.

Meh its a minor point either way, dont worry about it.

Id like to see you break down upper end AM players where there is a better ratio of good-not so good play. Would be more challenging for you as an analyst im sure.

Apart from Snipedown last night, that is what I have been doing.

Munoz, Frosty, and Unlegit don't have a large amount of top 6 finishes combined. Randa did well with Winterfox, but how he'll do without Ryanoob and Naded is yet to be seen.

I want to do a video on Spartan, but I haven't managed to catch him in any Arena gametypes in the past few days.

Or are you meaning the ones that aren't getting attention of the established pros, like Suspector/Nemassist/Crates etc.?

Has CLG even been practicing? Havent been keeping up with this game cuz i dont like it lol.

Has CLG even been practicing? Havent been keeping up with this game cuz i dont like it lol.

Yes they have. Snakebite is unreal at this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weirdly excited for this ESL Cup today. All of Liquid is playing together. Same for Allegiance and WFX it looks like.

Bracket: http://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halo5guardians-one/major/go4halo/cup-25/rankings/

allegiance is out. they "lost" to some randoms. But i think they were a no show. game history shoes no record of goofy or naded playing. so allegiance is not competing.

When does this ESL thing start today?

It already has.