CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja said TL's fourth is being announced on Monday.

RIP if old news.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think TLs fourth will come as a great surprise :kappa:

In other news, I can't wait to see what's gonna be happening to the remaining pros from Elevate as well as prototype/Aries and optics fourth.

I think TLs fourth will come as a great surprise :kappa:

In other news, I can't wait to see what's gonna be happening to the remaining pros from Elevate as well as prototype/Aries and optics fourth.

I can't wait to find out who it is.  I hope they're convincing Elamite to remove the Visor and hit the sticks again.

@@TiberiusAudley

the last time a team "upgraded" to Pistola was Cloud 9.

With Ninja the Cloud 9 squad placed 4th,5th,4th and then 4th at the H2A HCS Season 1 Finals .

After replacing Ninja with Pistola the Cloud 9 squad went on to place 3rd, 6th, and then 4th at the H2A HCS Season 2 Finals.

Average Placing with Ninja - 4.25

Average Placing with Pistola - 4.33

So yeah. Pistola has a lot of pressure on him to perform for nV and justify dropping Chig for him.

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@TiberiusAudley

the last time a team "upgraded" to Pistola was Cloud 9.

With Ninja the Cloud 9 squad placed 4th,5th,4th and then 4th at the H2A HCS Season 1 Finals .

After replacing Ninja with Pistola the Cloud 9 squad went on to place 3rd, 6th, and then 4th at the H2A HCS Season 2 Finals.

Average Placing with Ninja - 4.25

Average Placing with Pistola - 4.33

So yeah. Pistola has a lot of pressure on him to perform for nV and justify dropping Chig for him.

This was also a Cloud 9 roster that didn't practice as a team much...In a season with better-assembled rosters (Denial improved, OpTic improved, and CLG improved.  Winterfox proved strong.  Liquid could be viewed as "an improved eLevate"-- every roster except EG's was stronger in S2 than it was in S1.)

But even using your numbers, they had a higher high with Pistola than they reached with Ninja (3rd vs 4th).  If your goal is to get 1st, it isn't the Average Placing that matters -- it's the best placing you can get.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This was also a Cloud 9 roster that didn't practice as a team much...In a season with better-assembled rosters (Denial improved, OpTic improved, and CLG improved. Winterfox proved strong. Liquid could be viewed as "an improved eLevate"-- every roster except EG's was stronger in S2 than it was in S1.)

But even using your numbers, they had a higher high with Pistola than they reached with Ninja (3rd vs 4th). If your goal is to get 1st, it isn't the Average Placing that matters -- it's the best placing you can get.

C9 did win an online cup with Ninja. And as we all know, the online cups are the only thing that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it very interesting that Maniac always says he's "bored" in his videos and is just doing nothing all day and recording it, when im sitting here, not even a pro, grinding in solo queue wishing i had a team of good players.  This guy is in an amazing situation with a team and a great game to play and even an amazing incentive of more popularity, money, and a better career, but instead he makes videos completely not gaming related filming his housemates feet, looking out the window at boze's car, and making beats on his computer.

Like are you kidding me! I love the guy and i enjoy his video's for the most part but i subbed to him because he's a great halo player, not because he owns a camera and films whatever the fuck he wants and puts it on youtube lol.

I mean you have a gym shark sponsorship, atleast make videos in the gym or something, fucking do something with all these opportunities you've earned yourself, all these opportunities I, and many other halo players, are trying to earn for ourselves.  What i would give to be on a team like optic with a house like that and the exposure/sponsors optic has.

All i can say is at this point its insulting that he still complains about being bored when the world is his oyster right now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

42k viewers at the start of the blops3 tourney on twitch....

MAN, WHAT AN INVITATIONAL TOURNEY COULD HAVE DONE FOR HALO 5.

But nope. Good move, 343.

Halo MCC got 48K for theirs... o what could have been 

MLG.tv first event last Nov got over 200K. yes, this is true. 

Maniac is all about that youtube $, ever since his popularity for his b-day stream where he passed out, the COD fan base watches his video's to get the behind the scene of the optic house IMO.

^ this vid shows that optic is all about the youtube content, shows Papa Hecz talking down to maniac 

anyway, great video @TiberiusAudley

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo MCC got 48K for theirs... o what could have been 

MLG.tv first event last Nov got over 200K. yes, this is true. 

anyway, great video @TiberiusAudley

62k views now.

No fucking idea what 343 was thinking by waiting this long

https://youtu.be/pF88aUhDHvQ?t=9m7s

Here you can see maniac say he's too lazy to go buy sheets for his bed, then show nothing, say "wtf am i vlogging", then say hes just going to upload a video "like this" every day....

He's so bored yet he doesnt even go buy sheets for his bed and he sleeps on a bare mattress with one blanket lol, and this guys on a team competing for atleast $1.5m, this is a joke.

Not to mention, Assault who just started making videos, went through all the effort of making a skit like comedy video in the gym and actually working, and he gets a fraction of the views.  Even his team mates are putting in more effort, and Assault works two jobs.  Maniac makes low effort vlogs and thats it!  Am i the only one who has a problem with this?

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://youtu.be/pF88aUhDHvQ?t=9m7s

Here you can see maniac say he's too lazy to go buy sheets for his bed, then show nothing, say "wtf am i vlogging", then say hes just going to upload a video "like this" every day....

He's so bored yet he doesnt even go buy sheets for his bed and he sleeps on a bare mattress with one blanket lol, and this guys on a team competing for atleast $1.5m, this is a joke.

Not to mention, Assault who just started making videos, went through all the effort of making a skit like comedy video in the gym and actually working, and he gets a fraction of the views.  Even his team mates are putting in more effort, and Assault works two jobs.  Maniac makes low effort vlogs and thats it!  Am i the only one who has a problem with this?

I don't think Manaic really takes pride in his videos. I watched a few of his videos but they are very simple and plain IMO.

When I used to make videos back when I was in the Competitive Pokemon battling community. To get noticed in the community I was in you had to start at the perfect time, you had to be buds with some of the top dogs or have something special about out that sets you apart from the rest. I used to much so much effort into my work/craft. To improve and keep on getting better. To some people editing may seem like a chore but some people enjoy it. To see what they can do differently, try out new effects, rendering settings and such. 

From what I saw from Assaults video *which wasn't much since I only watched it for a bit* is that he put alot of effort into the video. I am going to watch it later on tonight.

IMO I think Maniac is just riding off the Optic name/ hype. He doesn't have to do much to grow. Just be with the team, and get the other members involved. I think as a youtube content creator you should put as much effort as you can in your videos. Your fans want to see you grow and with you growing IMO your quality should improve too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

i think maniac will find his thing. too much of his content is based around him being in Optic and the House. i find most of his videos enjoyable. at the same time i would like to see him play some halo 5 and talk halo.

i think maniac will find his thing. too much of his content is based around him being in Optic and the House. i find most of his videos enjoyable. at the same time i would like to see him play some halo 5 and talk halo.

Ya same i enjoy most of his content, but i would like to see him care about something.  I want to see some one work hard and make progress, someone i can root for and share their journey in a sense.  I think his videos are funny and entertaining, but the dudes a professional halo player that doesnt play halo, he doesnt do anything ever to be honest.

Like you said, you think he will find his thing, and i want him too.  I want there to be something on his channel that he cares about so he puts effort into his content and his goals.

Don't get me wrong, i love optic halo and the guys on it, and i hope they do well in HWC, but at this rate they deserve whatever placing they get, even if it isnt top 8.  It's supposed to start in December? like the December in 2 weeks? and they haven't even played match making more than a few times together, and they dont have a 4th, nevermind start scrimming.

Do they think that they can just pick up the game 2 weeks before an event and start scrimming when all these other teams already have practice and strats?  How much practice can you make getting crapped on by other pro's while you're trying to learn the game yourself?  I feel bad for Assault cuz he seems to care and he was running games with other pros more than any of them, but lets be real they're screwed at this rate unless they get on the grind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont know what it is about Maniacs videos but I get sucked into them like I am watching Keeping Up With the kardashians. Even when he is just him filming someones feet. Its just cool to see how they live in a house full of cool ass dudes with nothing to worry about other then sleep, eat, and game. It would be very cool to see their 4th move into the house and vlog, 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I used to enjoy watching maniacs videos. And flameswords. Until I realized that they are all stupidly boring and repetitive. "What's up YouTube I'm walking through the house. Watch me walk. Now I'm going to get food with Boze.(it's always with Boze). Now I'm back at the house again walking up some stairs. Now let me list off all the boring, tedious errands I have to run. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe. It really does help the channel grow."

I think Maniac seems like a an good dude and I wish him all the success in the world, but his videos just aren't for me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ya same i enjoy most of his content, but i would like to see him care about something.  I want to see some one work hard and make progress, someone i can root for and share their journey in a sense.  I think his videos are funny and entertaining, but the dudes a professional halo player that doesnt play halo, he doesnt do anything ever to be honest.

I stopped watching Maniac's videos awhile ago because I realized that I honestly just don't care that much about him/his life. And that's because he's so disconnected from the Halo scene these days. I would eat those kinds of videos up if it was a pro who was involved in the community, played the game, had interesting storylines surrounding them, etc (ie, Ninja, Lethul, aPG, Mikwen, the list goes on...).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys. Guys.
I accurately predicted the outcome of Holm vs Rousey.
That means you all have to trust me for HCS placings, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1