CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

42k viewers at the start of the blops3 tourney on twitch....

MAN, WHAT AN INVITATIONAL TOURNEY COULD HAVE DONE FOR HALO 5.

But nope. Good move, 343.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

entitlement-problem.gif

Halo would get nowhere near these numbers for a pro tournament atm... We barely got over 5k yesterday. Let CoD do them, they're obviously in a good place.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The casting was great, nice to listen to yourself and bravo back on the mic. My only gripes with it was how often one of you said "we can see them because of spectator mode" as well as using the first names of players. New watchers wouldn't know the names and might make it hard to follow. Maybe it was just the service tags being their names and was easy at a glance though.

Yeah probably my bad knowing the EU scene and its players on a personal level and slipping into friend mode. Also it sounds mad but we had a ton of complaints about people complaining that players could actually see each other through walls so had to re-iterate that to those who had not seen spec mode in use before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad Spectator Mode's utter failure is now well known by the community and, hopefully, 343. It is very important that it is fixed.

Some get pretty upset about constant criticism but whether or not they like it doesn't matter. Causing backlash at lackluster and dysfunctional features brings attention to them so the dev can fix the issues.

entitlement-problem.gifmight have if it was advertised and promoted properly

Halo would get nowhere near these numbers for a pro tournament atm... We barely got over 5k yesterday. Let CoD do them, they're obviously in a good place.

Meh, the first event of AW had 250k and that was on mlg.tv.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meh, the first event of AW had 250k and that was on mlg.tv.

This is much less of an event I think, some quickly thrown together invite tourney at the MLG Bike Shed. They have a real League to look forward to.

starts off good, little rude but ya know

FYI all that matters is this season, this is the biggest halo season ever

maybe it you who doesn't understand what is on the line, life changing $

but please continue on about how everyone has to kiss everyone else on the mouth 24/7

Is the $1.5M the grand prize for the 1st place winner? I'm guessing it's the pool. But let's go with $1.5M for a second. Let's say you divide that by 5 (including coach) and completely ignore the org.

$300k taxes are probably in the $75k range. That leaves you with $225k. If the average salary is $40k, that's 5-6 years of average salary. Pro sports and gaming doesn't last forever. If you work for 40 years at $40k you make $1.6M.

And this is assuming two things that are errors on my part. First, that 1st place is $1.5M, and secondly the organization not taking a cut. This is life changing money if they secure their financial future and if they keep their careers healthy for as long as possible.

I didn't say this to bring down the players. The connections they make at that level can bring all kinds of careers and business opportunities. The money can serve as investment money. I hope they make as much as NBA players one day. But even NBA players have to sit through league lectures about financial security. I remember Tim Duncan saying he lost $20M in a bad investment scam recently.

Conclusion: This tournament isn't the end of life. They should play the long game here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't see this posted yet

1eede75e7521512d8d36500e39abe730.png

I don't know what "not that many sleeps left" is for 343i, for me it's next week, but this could go into December with them.

I don't know what "not that many sleeps left" is for 343i, for me it's next week, but this could go into December with them.

I'm gonna assume the next community update on Monday. 

Is the $1.5M the grand prize for the 1st place winner? I'm guessing it's the pool. But let's go with $1.5M for a second. Let's say you divide that by 5 (including coach) and completely ignore the org.

$300k taxes are probably in the $75k range. That leaves you with $225k. If the average salary is $40k, that's 5-6 years of average salary. Pro sports and gaming doesn't last forever. If you work for 40 years at $40k you make $1.6M.

And this is assuming two things that are errors on my part. First, that 1st place is $1.5M, and secondly the organization not taking a cut. This is life changing money if they secure their financial future and if they keep their careers healthy for as long as possible.

I didn't say this to bring down the players. The connections they make at that level can bring all kinds of careers and business opportunities. The money can serve as investment money. I hope they make as much as NBA players one day. But even NBA players have to sit through league lectures about financial security. I remember Tim Duncan saying he lost $20M in a bad investment scam recently.

Conclusion: This tournament isn't the end of life. They should play the long game here.

are all of these guys even going to still be pros or even "gaming professionals" in 5-6 years? 

depends on what their goals are in life, being able to buy a house and pay for college is life changing imo, that's a huge deal 

i never said that they could win this tournament and be set for life, however we aren't guaranteed another 2 million dollar tournament, the hwc could easily bomb

besides the halo scene isn't even that cut throat where if you decide to change teams people will never team with you again

also it's great how we get a fair amount of info leaks in cryptic messages on random forums (assuming its gaf) instead of via direct engagement

It is a huge deal, absolutely. I just wanted to expand on the whole long term thing. If I made six figures playing Halo I would probably act like I was set for life for about 3 months.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Next week? Hell, soon to them can mean a few months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the two options based on what he said the poll was for. That doesn't even make sense.

HWC has top 8 from NA, and 8 other spots from around the world.

Guess he wants top 16 from NA  :bman:

:lxthul:

Someone desperately wants to make it into HCS season finals...

On a serious note, only the Top 8 qualifying for the HCS finals can sorta alienate AM teams from competing during the last few tournaments of a season, I would guess. 

He replied to me and I didn't even notice lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

HWC has top 8 from NA, and 8 other spots from around the world.

Guess he wants top 16 from NA  :bman:

Yea but look at his options. What do they have to do with the question. Yes I think I'm top 16, No I can't get top 16?

:lxthul:

I think if Halo raised the top 12 or even top 16 to make finals, there would be almost be a 200 percent increase in teams and more money funded by req packs because more people would be playing the game and that will pay for itself

You cant argue with science