CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343, showing they know competitive Halo since 2012 :lxthul:

ESL running the show, not 343 :/

are the UK teams playing on those big TVs too?

Nope. Only the pro team were at the venue.

They just switched to one of the pro team players behind-the-chair cameras for this truth CTF game and it showed "VICTORY."

They then switched to spectator mode and the game was still going for quite a while.

343 truly should have made this like COD where the spectator joins into the game lobby. The delay really isn't helping anything if they are trying to use it like this.

Shame its too late for anything like that. They fully committed to doing spectator mode through theater.

Can't let me have one huh?

Nah. I got my 343 hat on and I'm ready to defend like that one guy on Twitch said I do before.

Nah. I got my 343 hat on and I'm ready to defend like that one guy on Twitch said I do before.

:bman:

Where's that ninja emote I put in other thread? Get someone on it.

Yeah 343, need to seriously go back to the drawing board regarding spec mode. It's a nice addition if you want to watch someone play, but its terrible for events.

Yeah 343, need to seriously go back to the drawing board regarding spec mode. It's a nice addition if you want to watch someone play, but its terrible for events.

I'm baffled how they got it wrong, there are lots to copy from.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its advantage it it is a cheap set up. All they need is an Xbox. 

true... one xbox and a cap card vs setting up 8 capture cards and having powerful enough hardware to process it all etc. Hopefully they adjust spec. mode so you can have a camerman in game, maybe have something like the monitor from forge be present but be invisible to all players you could switch out of to get a map camera/between players?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it really surprising, though?

I said I was baffled, not surprised :bman:

I don't think there's anything they can do that would surprise me that this point.

Pretty disappointing that there hasn't been any details about any upcoming events for the HCS by now. Halo 5 at a competitive level is fun to watch and the game is one of the most balanced in the Halo series, but due to the lack of content in the game and no nearby tournament announcement(online/live event), my interest for this game is dropping extremely fast. BO3 already have an Invitational tournament this weekend and the game came out a week after Halo 5. Why must our scene be mediocre in everything we do? Only thing to look forward to is HWC and qualifiers don't start until January.     

• Upvote (+1) 4

PGL and Beyond are doing what they can! Our scene was dead not too long ago, lol. Instant gratification just ain't gonna happen in this case.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty disappointing that there hasn't been any details about any upcoming events for the HCS by now. Halo 5 at a competitive level is fun to watch and the game is one of the most balanced in the Halo series, but due to the lack of content in the game and no nearby tournament announcement(online/live event), my interest for this game is dropping extremely fast. BO3 already have an Invitational tournament this weekend and the game came out a week after Halo 5. Why must our scene be mediocre in everything we do? Only thing to look forward to is HWC and qualifiers don't start until January.     

:(

I keep seeing Che say soon on Twitter but I need to know how soon. We get it, you're proud of the announcement you're about to make but its now or never for Halo. Keep people interested.

Any idea where that Black Ops 3 invitational is being streamed at? Really interested in seeing a proper tournament in that game.

PGL and Beyond are doing what they can! Our scene was dead not too long ago, lol. Instant gratification just ain't gonna happen in this case.

:)

Curious to see how they do the Latin America and Asia tournies. Presumably its online, which will be huge advantage to some with dedicated servers.

:(

I keep seeing Che say soon on Twitter but I need to know how soon. We get it, you're proud of the announcement you're about to make but its now or never for Halo. Keep people interested.

Any idea where that Black Ops 3 invitational is being streamed at? Really interested in seeing a proper tournament in that game.

:)

twitch.tv/twitch

• Upvote (+1) 1

the spec mode reminds me of the "kill cam" from Halo 4. very glitchy

It was embarrassing how many people thought people were hacking because the kill cams were hilariously incorrect. 

Wonder how many people remember that Halo 4 had a final kill cam (there was even a medal for it) and it was removed, quietly.

Cheers for watching yesterday guys to anyone who tuned in, Halo 5 really is a ton of fun to cast.

Players both at home and in house had some fun and that's what it was all about, its been a good 2 weeks leading up to this, more to come!  :ghost:

The casting was great, nice to listen to yourself and bravo back on the mic. My only gripes with it was how often one of you said "we can see them because of spectator mode" as well as using the first names of players. New watchers wouldn't know the names and might make it hard to follow. Maybe it was just the service tags being their names and was easy at a glance though.