CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They just switched to one of the pro team players behind-the-chair cameras for this truth CTF game and it showed "VICTORY."

They then switched to spectator mode and the game was still going for quite a while.

343 truly should have made this like COD where the spectator joins into the game lobby. The delay really isn't helping anything if they are trying to use it like this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We just better be done using this pathetic version of spectator mode when HCS events come around. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair to say spec mode needs a good amount of work until it's used at any type of live event, which is a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We just better be done using this pathetic version of spectator mode when HCS events come around. 

Wait, they released something else that wasn't 100% finished?

:bravo:

I'd rather not have them at all. I don't mind them much in CoD, but in Halo for some reason I am more inclined to want to see the game exactly as the player sees it. Nevertheless, I agree that the outlines are too bold. At times, the outlines obfuscate the visual feedback when shooting a player; it can be hard to see if a player is full shields, blinking, no shields.

Agreed. I think that having perfect information takes a lot of the excitement out of the match. Oracle mode is fantastic for replays, highlights, and analysis but I don't think it should be on constantly.

This stream is really annoying to watch. If they can switch between live and spec mode, what the hell are they even doing still using spec mode at all. I'm gonna go insane with how stupid this is right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This stream is really annoying to watch. If they can switch between live and spec mode, what the hell are they even doing still using spec mode at all. I'm gonna go insane with how stupid this is right now.

Only the 343 pro team are in the ESL studio, the euro teams are playing from home. They're using spectator mode to have pov of those players available.

Do you think they'll stick to live from now on and use spectator mode to recap segments to discuss between matches? Wal shy commentary while waiting between matches would be dope.

It also would have been good if anyone actually knew this was happening today... Viewership is laughable.

343, showing they know competitive Halo since 2012 :lxthul:

Jesus, you pretty much have to yell to be able to talk to the person next to you. 0_0

You are all so negative. It isn't bad from what I have seen.

are you talking about spectator mode?

you have to be trolling

@@Jay, i think those are the "gaming" tvs they are trying to win, so it kinda makes sense

you have to be trolling

@@Jay, i think those are the "gaming" tvs they are trying to win, so it kinda makes sense

Ah, if that's the case then it does make sense. I'd prefer them to have four monitors for the pros to play on and that also plays on the big screens.

Playing on them must be disgusting, reminds me of best man missing them h4 sniper shots all over again :bman:

you have to be trolling

I watched the stream it didn't seem bad for a while. Now I have seen that it really shouldn't be used for this. Pretty pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like the profits from all my future req pack purchases to go toward the development of a less-than-abysmal spectator mode, please. That we finally have a serviceable competitive game out of the box only for its broadcast presentation to be utterly slipshod is a tragic and poetic microcosm of competitive Halo's maze of tribulations in the last 6 years.

• Upvote (+1) 6