CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I guess you weren't in the scene when H2A S1 finals happened then eh?

Or are we just going to act like there was NO Heinz hate after that match?

I mean, if you consider criticism "hate", then it has happened. Personally I try to differentiate between the two. For example, I've often criticized Ninja for his gameplay, but I've met him and he's one of the more likable pros IMO.

Also, I said it then and I'll say it now, but a lot of that criticism was unwarranted/uninformed. When you're team is fishing with sniper and you're the bait, some neg-bombs are bound to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope the Euro teams can make a splash in H5... it'd be good to get a bit more of a world following for Halo. I'm not holding my breath tho. 

It'll be interesting to see how they perform without Chalkie and Ramirez, imo the strongest players that were on Vibe before leaving to Supremacy/Infused.

The word "hate" and "Heinz" shouldn't even be in the same sentence unless prefixed by "nobody" or suffixed with "just kidding".

i get ur point but this sentence was the most cringe thing ive read all day

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, some super reaches with the difference between criticism and hate there, fellas lol.

A lot of the blame and criticism was solely put on his shoulders. I distinctly remember people going on for a bit about how he's overrated and dragging CLG down. He was extremely consistent for CLG and was the scapegoat of that team basically because of 1 round of a tourney.

Of course, when I discuss "hate" it's mostly just "hating" (not ACTUAL hatred), which was for his ONE bad round in an otherwise consistent season. I don't know why anybody would think I mean personally "hate" (personality), but solely his professional career (which like I said is underrated in H2A). 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, some super reaches with the difference between criticism and hate there, fellas lol.

A lot of the blame and criticism was solely put on his shoulders. I distinctly remember people going on for a bit about how he's overrated and dragging CLG down. He was extremely consistent for CLG and was the scapegoat of that team basically because of 1 round of a tourney.

Of course, when I discuss "hate" it's mostly just "hating" (not ACTUAL hatred), which was for his ONE bad round in an otherwise consistent season. I don't know why anybody would think I mean personally "hate" (personality), but solely his professional career (which like I said is underrated in H2A).

Regardless of how you define hate, your initial statement that he gets too much of it, was inaccurate. I never hear anyone say Heinz is overrated or he's garbage or he's washed. Now admit you were wrong so I can strut around on my high horse for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch chats always have hate. Don't think that's representative of anything. 

Also, hate more applies to controversial/unpopular players; e.g. Randa, Contra, T2, Ryanoob, etc. 

Criticism is completely different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regardless of how you define hate, your initial statement that he gets too much of it, was inaccurate. I never hear anyone say Heinz is overrated or he's garbage or he's washed. Now admit you were wrong so I can strut around on my high horse for a bit.

Nooooooo, neva!

That was a frustrating time for me. Poor guy was ragged on hard for that Noble series. Felt bad for him. I remember it pretty clearly lol

It's like people forgot how consistent he was all year and made him the reason for CLGs stagnant/downward placings.

@@Str8 SicK released a new video

Loving all the new recent videos coming out, keep it up pros!

For the most part they're actually solid videos too, not just gameplays ripped from their streams

For the most part they're actually solid videos too, not just gameplays ripped from their streams

Assault put up a cooking video. He is a lot more likeable than I thought. He's becoming one of my favourite personalities.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'd be happy with just ripped gameplays from a lot of pros ... better than nothing, and Youtube has much wider reach than Twitch

• Upvote (+1) 3

no blind hate towards you austin. We spoke privately. I was just voicing my opinion. I agree that you and tyler do have clashing personalities. It would have been your biggest hurdle with TL. Like I said before though you have play styles that, while similar, would work well together in this new halo experience. Opinions are like buttholes... We all have them and they all stink.

Dormir's doesn't stink, take it back. :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I posted this already in the general Halo 5 thread, but I wrote up an essay-like post over at Waypoint talking about how supporting eSports Halo means supporting Halo as a franchise all together.

Shout-outs to @@Vetoed , @@Computer , @@h0lmb0m , and @@TiberiusAudley
Like I said before, I don't mean to pull traffic from this site or anything, but responding on the post I made @ Waypoint might be better than on here, as it contributes to a larger conversation. It might be hopeless trying to tell this to Waypoint, as a lot of the members there seem to be anti-core for some reason. Either way, let me know if you agree or disagree!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whenever the first "Lan" event happens, top 3:

EG

CLG

nV

This is happening.

Bold prediction. Glad to see someone not afraid to take risks.

To be honest, this is the most likely outcome.

If I were to make my own prediction, however, I'd say 

1. EG

2. NV

3. CLG

If I had my way, however, it would be

1. EG

2. Epsilon

3. OptiC

At least for Season 3 Finals. Not even an optic fan, but we need dem views.

I posted this already in the general Halo 5 thread, but I wrote up an essay-like post over at Waypoint talking about how supporting eSports Halo means supporting Halo as a franchise all together.

Shout-outs to @@Vetoed , @@Computer , @@h0lmb0m , and @@TiberiusAudley .

Like I said before, I don't mean to pull traffic from this site or anything, but responding on the post I made @ Waypoint might be better than on here, as it contributes to a larger conversation. It might be hopeless trying to tell this to Waypoint, as a lot of the members there seem to be anti-core for some reason. Either way, let me know if you agree or disagree!

You misspelled my name over there.

The disrespect for CLG in this thread is blowing my mind. People are already making NV the favorite to dethrone EG? (Which no one will do by the way, Roy, Snip3, and Lxthul may be the 3 best players in the game) But seriously why would anyone think NV is automatically jumping past CLG?

Snakebite and Royal are better slayers than anyone on NV, Cloud is a solid player and 2gre? it goes without saying. CLG consistently out placed any of the people on NV during the span of H2A, and they have been grinding their asses off for H5. 

I love APG, been one of my favorite players for a long time, and I'm sure he will improve, but so far he has not been playing too impressive. (Pulling for him to get better though) Heinz is gonna do Heinz stuff, super great communicator and seems like an all around good dude. Ola....I'm waiting for some sort of proof that he is still H3 Ola. Until I'm shown it, I'm of the opinion that he is on a decline (won't touch on the mental side as I'm not too sure what's going on). As far as Mikwin goes, I really don't give a shit how he left his other team or any of the circumstances or drama around it, I've just never seen what the hype is about. Dude's got a naaaasty sniper, beyond that, I've always seen him as pretty average. 

TLDR: I just think CLG is being criminally underrated as I've seen next to no mention of them since season 2 ended, and I am baffled why everyone is putting NV over them. 

However, with all that said, no one is touching EG, absolutely no one. Shout out to everyone's favorite landscaper and "America's Least Favorite Gamer" (as awarded by Goldenboy) Tony Campbell. 

Denial was a better team than CLG in season 2. nV is now denial, with an upgrade. This is why they are expected to be better than CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Denial was a better team than CLG in season 2.

That is not true in my opinion

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not even an opinion thing. In 2 of the 3 tournaments, CLG beat Denial to make it to grand finals. Simple fact.

Yeah I originally had "That is not true." But Im trying not to come off as an asshole (:

• Upvote (+1) 7