CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So I'm fairly new to the Halo competitive scene - I watched a few grand finals in H2A and that's pretty much it. As an Envy fan I'll be now making sure to follow the scene and support the new team. Could someone give me a rundown on the nV players i.e. how good they are, their styles of play etc? Thanks :)

Check tiberius' post in this thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10856-who-are-the-top-playersteams-going-into-halo-5/

Second team he talks about, well written.

Edit: About halfway down the first page.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In the press release thing, it said nV got Mikwen through a player transfer deal. I wonder what Liquid got out of it.

So I'm fairly new to the Halo competitive scene - I watched a few grand finals in H2A and that's pretty much it. As an Envy fan I'll be now making sure to follow the scene and support the new team. Could someone give me a rundown on the nV players i.e. how good they are, their styles of play etc? Thanks :)

Welcome! All around they're considered to be a top team and most people expect them to place top 2 honestly. You can easily consider them to be the best 4 Halo players not on EG.

Pistola is a freak and he's been one of the top individual Halo players since H3. He didn't have much luck in H2A mainly because he was sidelined for a long while.

Mikwen is an incredibly talented sniper (top 2 - Snipedown being the only one probably ahead of him). He's one of the most talented slayers in the game. Not a strong objective player, but that's where Heinz comes in.

Heinz is an incredible objective and support player, so his style compliments Mikwen and Pistola nicely. He's teamed with Pistola a lot in the past so you can consider the two of them to be a solid duo. If you were forming a god squad of players to beat EG, it would undeniably have Heinz on it since he is just the perfect team player and he barely places outside of the top 2 regardless of what team he is on. That's how good he is.

APG is average.

No, but in all honesty APG is just a well-rounded aggressive player. He can do it all, and he's an in-your-face type player who makes the enemy team focus him since he's so aggressive and he frees up his teammates from getting noticed as much.

@@TiberiusAudley is the forum's very own master analyst who can probably tell you a lot more than I can about each player. But what I can tell you for sure is that this team is easily the most formidable squad on paper outside of EG, which is definitely why nV picked them up.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Assault putting out some decent content lately, and if maniac is any indication of this, his content should only improve over time.  Of course his videos won't be the greatest quality from the beginning but he should improve over time like Maniac did, and if this is Assault's starting quality im pretty excited to see what his channel develops into.

Mikwen is an incredibly talented sniper (top 2 - Snipedown being the only one probably ahead of him). 

I'll agree Mik is a great sniper, excellent mechanics, but I would pose that Royal 2 is a better sniper, if anyone wants to follow this up with support or refutation of my statement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the press release thing, it said nV got Mikwen through a player transfer deal. I wonder what Liquid got out of it.

They got $$$, Ninja was talking about how even if nV didn't buy out his contract at that point they would have sat him out because "he wouldn't want to be on the team."

They made a great decision in the cs team, hopefully the halo team has as much success.

They have strong teams in pretty much all games they are in. GoW team has already won a few online tournaments I think. I'm not too into Smite but I think I've seen them re-tweet stuff about the Smite teaming winning. 

I wish a few of the old Halo teams could have become orgs before the popularity and money really fell off during Reach/4.  Obviously it's good having these orgs come into the scene, but it would be nice if some of the "classic" Halo team names were still around now.  

And no, I'm not talking about Team Classic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Final Boss should have been a brand. 

Didn't MLG try buying the coL COD roster and was going to give them a red Final Boss logo? I think I remember something like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welp, looks like I'll be rooting for both nV and EG. Such a great roster and I love Heinz as a streamer/personality.

Me and chad finally have a common team to root for :prayers:

Final Boss should have been a brand.

Didn't MLG try buying the coL COD roster and was going to give them a red Final Boss logo? I think I remember something like that.

Yeah they tried but I'm glad it didn't work out tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll agree Mik is a great sniper, excellent mechanics, but I would pose that Royal 2 is a better sniper, if anyone wants to follow this up with support or refutation of my statement.

Yeah, when I wrote that statement I thought of Royal 2 as well. He's definitely on par with Mikwen but I didn't wanna complicate it. When it comes to sniping, I think Snipedown is head and shoulders above everyone else and then comes Mikwen, Royal 2 and then just a bit below those is everyone else. You can argue for others like Hysteria but then it gets complicated.

why is this called world championship when there are hardly any non-US teams?

or is the opening topic only about the attending US teams?