CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So high level halo with radar has a lot of crouch walking....how does everybody feel about radar at this point?

Ever watch Ogre 2 play Strongholds on The Rig? Once his team has nest and basement he just rotates the 4 splinter grenades and sits on the ledge at nest watching radar and pre tossing splinter grenades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got back from IG. If Florida internet was better, the event would've been perfect. Instead, the FFA station took 4 hours to play one game and we had to wait 2 days to play 3 matches of 4v4, lol. All in all, I enjoy Halo 5 immensely. It's kind of sad that "LAN" feels like I'm playing on an Australian host and my home connection which is nothing special feels like actual LAN...go figure.

Oh and Breakout was fun as hell to play! 

So high level halo with radar has a lot of crouch walking....how does everybody feel about radar at this point?

Upvoted because I'm tired of the same Breakout posts for the past 5 pages.

Not a fan of Radar or no LAN

Would be a fan of no Radar and LAN though

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maniac talsk about how he doesnt like grinding matchmaking and how they dont know who theyre gonna get for their fourth lol. Banking on some AM kid on the come-up or during roster mania.

Optic Halo is a huge opportunity for making $$$$$$$$$

and more $$$$$ regardless

Optic ruined Maniac.

How so? We're seeing more of Maniac now than we ever did before. Hes making constant content, he seems happy. Aside from playing more Halo, what more do you want from him?

• Upvote (+1) 6

As much as we've been told that CLG is sticking together, I'm starting to think that Cloud is going to get the b00t.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as we've been told that CLG is sticking together, I'm starting to think that Cloud is going to get the b00t.

I wish Enable was going to compete in H5 and could somehow get onto CLG. I've watched Ogre 2's stream a lot when 2gre, Royal 2, and Snakebite are running games and they're just really fun to watch.

Cloud has hardly played with CLG at all since H5. I think they've all played together one time.

How did you camo that fast?

I thought you could only cancel the animation with a thrust, but even that was worthless cause it didn't increase the speed.

How did you camo that fast?

I thought you could only cancel the animation with a thrust, but even that was worthless cause it didn't increase the speed.

Switch weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

some super entertaining games going on between 2gre, Snakebite, Enable, and Assault vs Lethul, Hysteria, Snipedown, and FiS.

Take away motion tracker, add BR starts and I'll love this game forever.

no just change it to pistol starts IMO. At first I thought br starts would be better but I really love the pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

no just change it to pistol starts IMO. At first I thought br starts would be better but I really love the pistol

4sk pistol with a longer red reticle range. Ideally, in my opinion, take out all weapons except power weapons. I'm not too big on people having advantages just because they have a different pick up gun.

Utility weapon vs same utility weapon is the core feature of Halo to me. I don't like this big weapon sandbox. When I kill someone or get killed, I want to know it happened because they outplayed me with the same gun I was using.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably a dumb idea but since adding normal shields to breakout basically eliminates the possibilities of a 1v3 round win why not add normal shields that don't recharge. Allow health to recharge but not shields. Seems unlikely that anything is changed at all but a lot of the ideas in the forum have been good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been keeping up very well during the off-season, but why would this be and who would be a possible replacement if they did separate?

i wouldn't mind seeing how it plays without radar tbh, the radar is kind of frustrating if anything.  like it barely does anything cuz of how bad the range is, yet it does enough that it impacts you're movement.

Honestly, I stil don't even know how the radar works. When the game first came out I kept hearing pros say that as long as you are just walking, not sprinting or thrusting or jumping or shooting, but just walking you wouldn't show up. However, I'm pretty sure that isn't true because sometimes if I don't crouch walk I will get naded the second I'm about to round a corner. Can anyone confirm how exactly it works?

I can see the 1 hit melee being annoying and the 1 grenade kills. Take out starting grenades and make them pickups like a power weapon and nerfed melee damage to be 2 hit kills, and I think it'd be awesome to watch competitively.

This is the best suggestion I have seen so far, and I agree that it could improve gameplay without changing it too much. I'm just not a fan of the gametype as of right now because of the sheer randomness. It seems like less skilled traditional Halo players have a much better chance of competing in breakout. I have no clue how it's going to play at the highest levels, but I think think this idea is a good start to improving it. 

I wish Enable was going to compete in H5 and could somehow get onto CLG. I've watched Ogre 2's stream a lot when 2gre, Royal 2, and Snakebite are running games and they're just really fun to watch.

Cloud has hardly played with CLG at all since H5. I think they've all played together one time.

Just because you may have only seen them together once on stream doesnt mean they aren't playing together. I know hes taken a few days off here and there but for the most part has been online gaming with the squad.

Honestly, I stil don't even know how the radar works. When the game first came out I kept hearing pros say that as long as you are just walking, not sprinting or thrusting or jumping or shooting, but just walking you wouldn't show up. However, I'm pretty sure that isn't true because sometimes if I don't crouch walk I will get naded the second I'm about to round a corner. Can anyone confirm how exactly it works?

From what I've noticed, this is true, except for the caveat that "walking" isn't just not sprinting, but you also have to be walking slightly slower than full speed. If you hold the stick all the way forward, you'll still show up on radar. If you look at the little arrow in the center of your radar, it disappears when you're invisible on radar.

Unfortunately, this means that crouch walking (or at least slow walking) is still necessary, which makes radar an issue IMO. The biggest reason people have defended radar is because people still think you only show up when "not sprinting," which isn't the case. The range is low, which is better, but that still doesn't account for elevation, and in the end I think it should just be removed entirely, at least for tournaments.