CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

halo 5 will be better than halo 4. that is all i can say from all the pre-release stuff I have seen

I don't see how they could have made it any worse. ADS and....anything else?

I just kick my feet back, sip my slightly chilled dew, and laugh when people try and say that focusing on the eSports/competitive side/community of a game does not increase the popularity of said game. It is laughable that people even attempt to make that argument. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been touched on by some on twitter, but I have to be honest. I'm ashamed of some of the Halo community actually being mad at 343i/Microsoft for going balls to the walls with eSports. Like really? There's still campaign, warzone, big team battle, live-series, comics, #huntthetruth, books, action figures, megablocks, soundtracks, etc still coming out and we get some attention and you're mad?

There are a lot of fans on this site that have survived the Arena Gaming League days in abandon warehouses, went through the motions of online Halo 4 ranks (CSR) 6 months after launch, and traversed the troubles of the Master Chief Collection over the last 9 months. Be happy for the overall Halo community with the recent news, when have we come down telling 343i to stop supporting Grifball, telling them no more comic-books? We don't.

We may be short-tempered, blunt and even ignorant at times. But it's out of love for the series and wanting to make the overall gameplay better. We would never tell 343i to stop other things people would love within Halo. I guess the true colors of some are finally showing and it's just very sad. Didn't mean to vent, just can't believe this crap is happening.

Can't wait to watch the Halo 5: Guardians tournament.

I'm not using twitter much, did this eSport stuff really upset people?!

What is their problem with it?

I'm not using twitter much, did this eSport stuff really upset people?!

What is their problem with it?

There isn't a problem with it, it's just ignorance of some.

Screw you, man. I can't believe that after 10 years of competitive Halo having no official developer and publisher support that you DARE divert attention from the Campaign, Comic Books, TV shows and MegaBloks that have clearly been the focal point of the franchise since its inception, to something "new and scary" to the fans of casual gaming. How dare you MLG try hard toxic kids come marching in here like you own the place.

You wont get away with this.

tumblr_mka8142B1d1rv4xb5o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Screw you, man. I can't believe that after 10 years of competitive Halo having no official developer and publisher support that you DARE divert attention from the Campaign, Comic Books, TV shows and MegaBloks that have clearly been the focal point of the franchise since its inception. How dare you MLG try hard toxic kids come marching in here like you own the place.

:enraged Halo fan who doesn't actually know what he is talking about voice:

You see man - this is the kind of internet tyranny that the casual Halo players should NOT stand for. You think that just because you are the head honcho of this site - that you can push around casual Halo players who actually care about the campaign and not about your precious Halo tournaments? I don't think you realize my arsenal of skills. My specialization in crafting of model gaming figures, robust collection of Mountain Dew can designs throughout the past 15 years, and plethora of knowledge of internet "dank memes" makes me a lethal weapon when it comes to internet debates over the shifted focus of video game developers leaving one entire side of its fan base in the dust. We will not slip quietly into the darkness and be left behind by you and your kind. We WILL get the game WE want - the game that WE deserve - the game that ACTUALLY MATTERS. We will not be silenced. In the words of Master Chief himself, at the end of Halo: Combat Evolved (released in November of the year 2001) "I think we're just getting started." 

:enraged Halo fan who doesn't actually know what he is talking about voice:

You see man - this is the kind of internet tyranny that the casual Halo players should NOT stand for. You think that just because you are the head honcho of this site - that you can push around casual Halo players who actually care about the campaign and not about your precious Halo tournaments? I don't think you realize my arsenal of skills. My specialization in crafting of model gaming figures, robust collection of Mountain Dew can designs throughout the past 15 years, and plethora of knowledge of internet "dank memes" makes me a lethal weapon when it comes to internet debates over the shifted focus of video game developers leaving one entire side of its fan base in the dust. We will not slip quietly into the darkness and be left behind by you and your kind. We WILL get the game WE want - the game that WE deserve - the game that ACTUALLY MATTERS. We will not be silenced. In the words of Master Chief himself, at the end of Halo: Combat Evolved (released in November of the year 2001) "I think we're just getting started." 

43eOIIL.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be blunt Cyren, the rest of the gaming world outside of e-sports are wimps. I don't even want to try to sound like an ass. They are people who are simply not good at anything. So the thought of people being better than them at a game will always piss them off. Now their games are evolving, and not in the way they think it was going to. So now they're trying to keep people who enjoy competition down because they want their instant gratification handed to them. 

I have seen arguments on waypoint on how strafing and jumping....STRAFING AND JUMPING while shooting are bad for the game, which is simply a beat around the bush method of telling 343 "the game is too hard, make it easy". Generation x and y are a bunch of overly comfortable cainophobics besides a handful. Nobody wants to take time out of their day to learn and challenge themselves these days and act like they already know everything. As the wise would say, "Smart people continue to learn, lazy people know it all."

The idea of a challenge scares the hell of people our age and younger to an extent. It's a pretty scary epidemic, not just in Halo, but the last 2 generations in general.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be blunt Cyren, the rest of the gaming world outside of e-sports are wimps. I don't even want to try to sound like an ass. They are people who are simply not good at anything. So the thought of people being better than them at a game will always piss them off. Now their games are evolving, and not in the way they think it was going to. So now they're trying to keep people who enjoy competition down because they want their instant gratification handed to them. 

I have seen arguments on waypoint on how strafing and jumping....STRAFING AND JUMPING while shooting are bad for the game, which is simply a beat around the bush method of telling 343 "the game is too hard, make it easy". Generation x and y are a bunch of overly comfortable cainophobics besides a handful. Nobody wants to take time out of their day to learn and challenge themselves these days and act like they already know everything. As the wise would say, "Smart people continue to learn, lazy people know it all."

The idea of a challenge scares the hell of people our age and younger to an extent. It's a pretty scary epidemic, not just in Halo, but the last 2 generations in general.  

I don't understand the enjoyment people get out of everything wanting to be easy. It may be fun in the short term but it's the competitiveness that keeps a lot of games going long term.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the enjoyment people get out of everything wanting to be easy. It may be fun in the short term but it's the competitiveness that keeps a lot of games going long term.

From somebody who comes from a background in skateboarding, learning, overcoming fear, challenging, and pushing myself is all that I know. That is why I love Halo so much. The fundamentals of skateboarding and Halo actually go hand in hand, just two totally different types of skills.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been on a complete disconnect from Halo since the first finals. This is amazing. A million dollar prize pool AND MLG is back? I'm honestly shocked.

We're so back.

I've been waiting for the next weekly scrim updates and halo news video this whole time. :holmes:

Its clear by now that causal community have no understanding of higher competitive merit is beneficiary to the well being and long term success of Halo . They are not valid and should be disregarded.   

• Upvote (+1) 5

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you competitive shitlord? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Elite clan, and I’ve been involved in numerous clan battles against KSI, and I have over 300 hours played in Halo Reach. I am trained in Advanced Warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire ArbitersSniperSquadxx clan. You are nothing to me but just another heretic. I will dual SMG you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this High Charity, mark my fucking words. You think you can sprint away with saying that shit to me over a Japanese image board? Think again, lurker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of DDOSers across the XBL and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, lekgolo. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your online life. You’re fucking dead, grunt. I can jetpack anywhere on the map, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my wide variety of armor abilities. Not only am I extensively trained in armor locking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the my customized loadouts and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Installation, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have noticed MLG cucking you with CoD. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will drop lore bombs all over you and you will drown them. You’re fucking dead as AGL, kiddo.

oh my god, recruiting clans in h2-reach were the biggest waste of time lmao. the only good thing about them were the custom lobbies and trolling the meetings

I don't see how they could have made it any worse. ADS and....anything else?

I'd say unlimited sprint is up there as well.  Other then that, probably not though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

100% This. No matter how much I like the toys/movies/buttplugs/cassettetaps and shit, what I want most of all is for multiplayer to be amazing and sustainable. 

At this point, even if the "MP being good makes Campaign bad." argument was true, I would honestly be all for it. 

"Focus on eSports" to me means literally "We're making the game balanced and removing an many random factors as possible".

Unfortunately, people are close-minded with a smattering of stupidity and can't see that that is what eSports means in terms of gameplay: making it fair and balanced.

"Focus on eSports" to me means literally "We're making the game balanced and removing an many random factors as possible".

Unfortunately, people are close-minded with a smattering of stupidity and can't see that that is what eSports means in terms of gameplay: making it fair and balanced.

Exactly. Esports focuses on fair gameplay, which, surprise! makes the game more fun for everyone.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you competitive shitlord? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Elite clan, and I’ve been involved in numerous clan battles against KSI, and I have over 300 hours played in Halo Reach. I am trained in Advanced Warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire ArbitersSniperSquadxx clan. You are nothing to me but just another heretic. I will dual SMG you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this High Charity, mark my fucking words. You think you can sprint away with saying that shit to me over a Japanese image board? Think again, lurker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of DDOSers across the XBL and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, lekgolo. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your online life. You’re fucking dead, grunt. I can jetpack anywhere on the map, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my wide variety of armor abilities. Not only am I extensively trained in armor locking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the my customized loadouts and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Installation, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have noticed MLG cucking you with CoD. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will drop lore bombs all over you and you will drown them. You’re fucking dead as AGL, kiddo.

That was amazing, I needed that.