CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ok people. Can some Evil Geniuses put together an updated list of teams and potential pickups or breakups? If you do I would be on Cloud 9. Some of you are in Denial about all these changes but you have to Believe the Hype. You need your Optics checked cuz from what I heard the last couple days, we all need to Elevate our minds. Our wits need to be quicker than a Winterfox, some say. H5 is coming quick and we need this #Intel. Seeing the un-updated list at the beginning of this posting is a real Reality Check. Our efforts to gossip on teams will turn to Liquid if someone doesn't help. If they did it would be pure Excellence

Doubters didn't think I could fit all the relevant teams in there^, now they Envy me. They are just in Isolation.

-

-

-

CLG

Bruh you got too much time on your hands to come up with some sh*t like that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You might be right with walshy. Forgot about how he did in 09 after leaving instinct. I will take that part back but I still stand by the overall point that we usually see rather significant turnover in the top 2-3 teams from major halo to major halo game.

Can I remind you, the H1 champions dominated H2, the H2 champions won the first H3 event and the H2 runners up, Str8 Rippin, became the new champions. The team that placed 2nd at Halo nationals, Status Quo, won the Halo Reach opener and then a god squad of Halo 2 players formed and dominated the rest of Reach. Halo 4 and H2A don't count. But if you wanna go down that road we can because it's still pretty much teh same.

I promise you the top will stay the top. They are there for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly probably the exact same except instead of saying he is at least being smart and going to the best team for him he would be stupid and be joining a weaker squad on paper

I see what you did there  :wutface:

lets flip the scenario for fun, imagine mikwen leaving Ola APG and Heinz for Ninja Chig and Ace. What would the posts and reactions be like then?!

If they formed their team the exact same way I would react the same. Now I'm not one of the people that are getting super pissed about it so that's not saying much. At the end of the day most people play for the best chance to win. Halo isn't gonna last forever and you need to make as much money as possible before you go. And a $1 million tourney? You bet your ass he should take what he feels is the best opportunity. Some players join teams to win some join for loyalty. Neither is better than the other so I don't get why people are getting that upset about it. He wants to win that understandable.

Well then consider myself clocked in. Got the hard hat on. Got my 401k set up. I'm ready to do some WORK. Hype train is leaving the station: Toot Toot! H5 Kool-aid is poured in my goblet and I'm ready to DIE!

Fucking lost it at this post lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bruh you got too much time on your hands to come up with some sh*t like that.

That is the truth. Very bored at work. All that work for Smithy to neg me lol. Such is life.

Can I remind you, the H1 champions dominated H2, the H2 champions won the first H3 event and the H2 runners up, Str8 Rippin, became the new champions. The team that placed 2nd at Halo nationals, Status Quo, won the Halo Reach opener and then a god squad of Halo 2 players formed and dominated the rest of Reach. Halo 4 and H2A don't count. But if you wanna go down that road we can because it's still pretty much teh same.

I promise you the top will stay the top. They are there for a reason.

The scene was CRAZY small going from h1 to h2 compared to what it would eventually be and even compared to now. Not that great an example. Going from h2 to h3 the same team won the first event then started to fall off. They were clearly not a dominate squad in h3 and you can't argue against that. Similar thing with h3 to reach. Sure sq won the first event but after that? They really weren't competitive AT ALL. Half of the best h3 team final boss were also completely irrelevant in reach (fis and victory) and elamite from instinct who was pretty much the consensus second best h3 team also fell off completely. 

The top has historically NOT stayed the same. Sure maybe the very first event but by the end of the first year who is at the top will look different. It always has. 

Why aren't more people pissed that breakout is in the team arena playlist even though it already has its own playlist? I'd lose my shit if I was forced to play that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I laughed but there is a low chance I come back, found some things out and I just don't see it happening. I lurk these forums and post on occasion because I like to stay in the Halo loop and its cool to see how friends are doing. <3

Trying to throw us off the trail eh. Clever, but not clever enough!

• Upvote (+1) 5

lets flip the scenario for fun, imagine mikwen leaving Ola APG and Heinz for Ninja Chig and Ace. What would the posts and reactions be like then?!

I feel like you are taking this too personal.  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The scene was CRAZY small going from h1 to h2 compared to what it would eventually be and even compared to now. Not that great an example. Going from h2 to h3 the same team won the first event then started to fall off. They were clearly not a dominate squad in h3 and you can't argue against that. Similar thing with h3 to reach. Sure sq won the first event but after that? They really weren't competitive AT ALL. Half of the best h3 team final boss were also completely irrelevant in reach (fis and victory) and elamite from instinct who was pretty much the consensus second best h3 team also fell off completely. 

The top has historically NOT stayed the same. Sure maybe the very first event but by the end of the first year who is at the top will look different. It always has. 

You know all the pros right now have been pro in every halo since they first broke out right? Maybe I'm not understanding this argument fully.

I laughed but there is a low chance I come back, found some things out and I just don't see it happening. I lurk these forums and post on occasion because I like to stay in the Halo loop and its cool to see how friends are doing. <3

Such as?

Going from h2 to h3 the same team (Final Boss) won the first event then started to fall off. They were clearly not a dominate squad in h3 and you can't argue against that. Similar thing with h3 to reach. Sure sq won the first event but after that? They really weren't competitive AT ALL. 

- Final Boss placed 3rd/4th consistently under Instinct, Triggers Down and Str8 Rippin in 2008/2009.

- Walshy was placing 2nd/3rd pretty much every event.

-Status Quo got 2nd at Anaheim and 4th at Orlando then Flamesword and Enable won the NBNS event with a sold out bracket (256 teams). Also,that same roster with Snakebite and Royal 2 without any prior Halo 4 experience at Dallas 2012 got 3rd!! 

Are you just making stuff up?

• Upvote (+1) 4

- Final Boss placed 3rd/4th consistently under Instinct, Triggers Down and Str8 Rippin in 2008/2009.

-Status Quo got 2nd and 3rd later on in Reach. Flamesword and Enable won the NBNS event with a sold out bracket (256 teams).

Yes, yes he is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-Status Quo got 2nd at Anaheim and 4th at Orlando then Flamesword and Enable won the NBNS event with a sold out bracket (256 teams). That same roster with Snakebite and Royal 2 without any prior Halo 4 experience at Dallas 2012 also got 3rd!! 

Combination of misremembering stuff (completely forgot about Sq getting second at anaheim for example and having us talking about different things. I am not saying that they were no longer good players. Rather that the VERY top teams changed. Sure FB had some ok places after dropping walshy but neighbor but did anyone really think of them as a tier 1 team along with instinct sq and td? Compare that to them in h2. There is a pretty huge difference between that. 

As for Sq honestly completely forgot about them getting second at anaheim and 4th at orlando. Regardless though they weren't really who I was talking about in terms of the transition from h3 to reach to begin with. My initial post and this entire debate was about the very top teams. Look at FB and the players on instict and compare h3 to reach. The members of the reach godsquad obviously did extremely well but the other half did VERY poorly outside of cloud who was ok but certainly not as good as he was in h3. My point really isn't that they weren't good anymore but they the top teams changed. Who is winning tournaments and who is viewed as the top teams competing for tournaments sees big changes.

Who is winning tournaments and who is viewed as the top teams competing for tournaments sees big changes.

How? Ogre 2 had FIVE national championships. Does that convey a sense of change at the top? He went from winning the Halo 3 opener to winning the last three Halo 3 events. He then picked up Roybox and DOMINATED Halo Reach. I just don't understand your reasoning. 

Individual talent slips in and starts teaming with veterans. That's what happens, its the natural progression. Players like Cloud, Enable, Hysteria, Heinz, Pistola, Snakebite and Royal 2 had to put a lot of work in before they could get there. It's very rare you just see someone burst onto the scene and just completely dominate like Snipedown or Formal. 

Hello sir. Do you have anything more to say?

Just popping in to see what's up

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just popping in to see what's up

How does it feel to get dropped for Legit?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8