CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone is still getting hit though.

The only ones getting hit offline still are the ones not protecting themselves. Most of the top teams are fine.

I, for one, am excited about Halo 5: Guardians Breakout gametype in competitive play.

This is such a formal sentence. You could've just said "I am excited for breakout in HCS" lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm excited that Breakout is in Team Arena because I enjoy playlists that have a good amount of variety, but it being played in tournaments is something I don't agree with. Maybe Beyond can have some Astro Breakout tournaments with only Breakout(would be hype tbh) but mixing in a gametype that is so drastically different from the base game with standard gametypes in tournaments is a huge no no for me.

Adding the flag to Breakout is better than nothing, but I feel like grabbing the flag is just a way to give away your position. Picking up the flag is an immediate disadvantage, whether you have a numbers advantage or not. The only way it would be easier to cap a flag than just to slay is if you know they are all behind you at your base, so you can just run it over to theirs. They could remove any sort of indication that the flag has been picked up to force people to pay attention and monitor the flag, but people would still probably just camp near their bases.

Having some sort of hill to capture/hold like a few people have suggested probably sounds better to me. It still might be a little risky to hop in first, but it should at least get players moving toward each other, even if they just hunt for each other around the hill.

Has anyone considered having a power weapon or powerup spawn in after a certain amount of time? If they removed the indicator after it spawns in so you can't tell when it's picked up (which should be removed from all of Arena if it hasn't already), I think most people would go for it. I'm not sure what power weapons are on the maps already, but if it's just BR/DMR, I doubt many people would ignore rockets dropping in.

Announcer in H5 actually calls out the "From the grave" Medal. which is gonna be annoying af for those of us that are pro nade-poopers.

Edit: ah shit wrong thread.

Contra said in his stream that the fourth of him/predev/rayne will be announced soon (assuming it isnt aries) - I think its going to come along with an org.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic is also slated to announce a 4th in the next few days as per MaNiac's YouTube.

Re: Strongholds

It's a very average gametype on symmetrical maps (as we learned in the beta), but I think it could be brilliant on asymmetric maps because it wouldn't be a linear tug of war.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im glad Ricochet isnt coming back...ever(and up until today im still baffled by the idea that THAT was a real gametype for competitive Halo and still dont understand WHY), but I'm not into Breakout, it breaks the paradigm of what "classic" Halo is ( going from 4-5 4sk to 1-2sk) and the objective IMO should not be a flag, would be better being a zone that you have to control or so.

2 more weeks.

I hope Breakout becomes highly competitive, but I'm not sold on the idea of altering health, shields, and damage within HCS official gametypes. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm highly skeptical that people will enjoy a pistol being a 5SK then rapidly altering to a 3SK within the same best of three or best of five. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I, for one, am excited about Halo 5: Guardians Breakout gametype in competitive play.

If it's going to be the same as it was in the beta it won't work well at all.

Im glad Ricochet isnt coming back...ever(and up until today im still baffled by the idea that THAT was a real gametype for competitive Halo and still dont understand WHY), but I'm not into Breakout, it breaks the paradigm of what "classic" Halo is ( going from 4-5 4sk to 1-2sk) and the objective IMO should not be a flag, would be better being a zone that you have to control or so.

2 more weeks.

Don't be so sure about that...

1. Will Ricochet come back down the line even say as a weekend social mode?

It's possible, though you are likely to see game types like Grifball and Oddball before Ricochet makes an appearance.

On the bright side, Extraction may be a possibility at some point too.

8. Can we expect to see the return of Ricochet, (Team) Regicide, Extraction, and Dominion in some form within Halo 5? Basically, is 343i interested in bringing these game-types to Halo 5?

It's unlikely that you'll see Dominion because we already have Warzone as a large-scale base capture/defend experience. The others will be considered based on community interest.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/do-the-developers-even-read-and/faecb66f-8dd3-4d7f-97e1-62ca42166fdc/posts?page=6#post109

• Upvote (+1) 1

so awesome to see cpt anarchy back.... old school guys playing again brings me back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anarchy's been grinding like crazy the past few months. Good to see that he's got a decent squad around him now.

It's mid October where is the intel?

Dead serious  :beyond: is about to drop the biggest   :intel: nuke of 2016 Soon

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4