CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hell even something like 10k can be life changing.

Exactly. Lifechanging is subjective based on each persons situation.

Hell even something like 10k can be life changing.

That'd pay off all my loans and net me an extra $300 every month so yeah, definitely life changing.

Edit: sorry I contributed to this topic pls don't h8 me.

I mean i feel like most players are in a well off spot with orgs paying their monthly, and if they stream theres another income. 

So the 175k is a great thing because it allows them no excuse whatsoever to be distracted when they start pro league and the second season of HWC for another possible million+

That money gets you a lot of things like you said if theyre smart, luckily CLG is a pretty smart group, all of them remind me of formal when it comes to money, formal basically bought himself a nice car and thats it.

I think Snipedown leased himself a sweet Acura. Not sure what that goes for monthly but I wouldn't think they are cheap.

On the topic of Greenskull: I do not support the guy at all. I haven't forgotten how little he cares about competitive Halo and it's obvious that he was brought in/is supporting the scene now because it's gaining popularity. That being said, it is absolutely in the best interest of competitive Halo that his viewers get exposed to this content. If the army of casual players who support this guy are watching his videos and start to get into the game, that's better for everybody.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well ninja is streaming now so people are bound to find something else to talk about 

Can somebody explain to me the seemingly unwarranted distaste for Greenskull?  I met him at the event and he seems like a genuine person.  I understand that his agenda regarding halo is about the casual experience but has he ever attacked the competitive sphere?  I mean seriously these things are allowed to exist in parallel.  And if they cross somehow it can be only for the better (so long as griffball doesn't become an hcs gametype, Kappa).  Somebody clear this up for me.  Thx.

• Upvote (+1) 5

My Dream team to beat CLG (not to be confused with the "Dream" Team with Prototype  :lxthul:  )

Penguin, Jimbo, Contra, Bubu Dubu

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we need to delineate between "life changing money" and "enough money to retire." A lot of ppl are talking like these two phrases are interchangeable. They're not. Obviously the 175k or 250k is life changing, but it's definitely not enough to be set for life.

I kind of don't want to post this because I'm sick of reading about it, but I had to chime in.

Nobody said that 250k means "set for life". They said it is life changing which is subjective and differs from person to person. For the people who argued lets say 20k is "absolutely not life changing" you are wrong for thinking that just because it wouldn't be life changing for YOU. Lack of perception. I'd love for someone to argue that to someone struggling to make ends meet and escaping the hood.

Why does everyone on this forum feel the need to post about when they found me searching solo while they were running with a full party?

If you're gonna shitpost, shitpost with gifs.

People are shit talking you....in btb? :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 5

$250,000 is life changing if you properly invest / make business decisions with it that turns it into well over 250,000.

You see the mistake ranging from NBA - NFL players who get a signing bonus or their first big paycheck and have no plan.

They waste it on nonsense because they aren't used to having that amount of on hand capital, so they blow it.

If you don't have a plan for it, sit on it for a few months. Figure out how you can quadruple it.

Or blow it on cars and garbage. Not my money.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can somebody explain to me the seemingly unwarranted distaste for Greenskull?  I met him at the event and he seems like a genuine person.  I understand that his agenda regarding halo is about the casual experience but has he ever attacked the competitive sphere?  I mean seriously these things are allowed to exist in parallel.  And if they cross somehow it can be only for the better (so long as griffball doesn't become an hcs gametype, Kappa).  Somebody clear this up for me.  Thx.

If he's the one from Ready Up Live (I could sort of recognize his voice during the interview), I used to watch his videos during MCC and he always came off as an obvious 343 puppet. It put a bad taste in my mouth and no one can convince me that he's not on the payroll. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't know if Greenskull has ever spoken negatively about a change made to Halo. Everything that has been done and every single change made to Halo has been an improvement to the game, according to him. He has always carried the torch for the casual fan of the game, and so his videos in the past have frequently spouted off in their support. Obviously most people here are dissatisfied with things more focused on casual play.

Like I said before, though, if a popular face like Greenskull could have an authentic interest in competitive Halo and making the game the best it could be, it would do wonders for exposing casual players to Halo at a higher level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got bored after playing Torque/Riptide for almost 4 hours. Plus, no teams were on.

plus maybe you aren't teaming with them? feed me  :intel: bb

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does everyone on this forum feel the need to post about when they found me searching solo while they were running with a full party?

If? 

When it comes to Ryan and shitposting, there's no such thing as "if".

• Upvote (+1) 7

I didn't realize you couldn't take a joke. I'll take note of that

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Every time someone recognizes me from these forums I usually just get a message on xbl from them saying "Team Beyond, GG!" or "Love your stats on TB!" or something of the sort.

Sorry you're getting this kind of attention. It's undeserved. If I ever match you, I'll be sure to send a "Love your analysis! GG!"

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why's Ninja's !team command now 'There is no team as of yet', yesterday it read Ninja, Vic X, Ogre2 and Commonly right? Did I miss something? This will teach me to go outside, never again.

I didn't realize you couldn't take a joke. I'll take note of that

It's twice in two days people have felt the need to post IN THE PRO TEAMS, SEEDS, AND DISCUSSION THREAD about how they encountered me searching solo while they were playing with a full party.

It's obnoxious.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4