CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Likely teams (or teams I'd like to see):

TL: Ace, APG, Heinz, Penguin. Yes, this is wishful thinking based on Penguin's tweet.

RNG: 2gre, Commonly, Ninja, VicX. All but confirmed, unless Commonly jumps ship to another team. If he does, could see FiS stepping in - he's improved a lot since the early days of H5 when he sucked.

nV:  Mikwen, Ola, Rayne, Ryanoob - Bit of a stretch on Ryanoob here, but he does use a lot of alts and could be Ordered Block. Also, Mikwen wanted to team with him at beginning of H5. Alternatively, they pick up Naded.

Optic: FS, Maniac, Arkanum, Randa - Ark/Randa combo seems to still be on friendly terms, and both have been considered by Optic before. Also really want to see Randa say #GreenWall non-ironically :P. Also think the aggressiveness of FS, Maniac, & Randa could let Arkanum sit back where he's comfortable and dominate with Sniper like he did in H2A. Though if Assault went back to Optic instead of C9, think they'd just pick up Arkanum.

WFX: Shooter, Cratos, Lifestyle, Nemassist. No big names, but an underdog team that could outperform just like WFX did in H2A. Maybe swap Lifestyle out for Str8 sick, since both are likely. 

Allegiance: El Town, Unlegit, Spartan, Stellur. All but confirmed, though Stellur could do something crazy.

Cloud 9: Hysteria, Cloud, FiS, Assault/Randa

eLevate: Naded, Str8 Sick, Calm Mentality, Swift Kill. (The part of the list where I realized I left out these players). 

Actually, the more I think about it, that eLevate squad could really work. The Naded/Str8 Sick combo has gelled before, and Calm/Swift Kill have very nerdy styles as well. Remember when they were building box houses in nest stronghold on Rig? Also, Naded's burned a lot of bridges with other teams/players...

maybe i just have a better memory than you

Nah, I'm just not a child. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Likely teams (or teams I'd like to see):

TL: Ace, APG, Heinz, Penguin. Yes, this is wishful thinking based on Penguin's tweet.

RNG: 2gre, Commonly, Ninja, VicX. All but confirmed, unless Commonly jumps ship to another team. If he does, could see FiS stepping in - he's improved a lot since the early days of H5 when he sucked.

nV:  Mikwen, Ola, Rayne, Ryanoob - Bit of a stretch on Ryanoob here, but he does use a lot of alts and could be Ordered Block. Also, Mikwen wanted to team with him at beginning of H5. Alternatively, they pick up Naded.

Optic: FS, Maniac, Arkanum, Randa - Ark/Randa combo seems to still be on friendly terms, and both have been considered by Optic before. Also really want to see Randa say #GreenWall non-ironically :P. Also think the aggressiveness of FS, Maniac, & Randa could let Arkanum sit back where he's comfortable and dominate with Sniper like he did in H2A. Though if Assault went back to Optic instead of C9, think they'd just pick up Arkanum.

WFX: Shooter, Cratos, Lifestyle, Nemassist. No big names, but an underdog team that could outperform just like WFX did in H2A. Maybe swap Lifestyle out for Str8 sick, since both are likely. 

Allegiance: El Town, Unlegit, Spartan, Stellur. All but confirmed, though Stellur could do something crazy.

Cloud 9: Hysteria, Cloud, FiS, Assault/Randa

eLevate: Naded, Str8 Sick, Calm Mentality, Swift Kill. (The part of the list where I realized I left out these players). 

I want that Liquid squad so bad. I was really rooting for Liquid and was disappointed that they were eliminated after losing 3 games the entire tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

According to some people on these forums it's not that much

Those must be the same people that drop $1k+ on their favorite twitch streamers. 1/4 of a million is life changing to anybody that has a grip on reality. I have to combine my income for the past 8 years to get that much money.

OrderedBlock is 100% Penguin.  Penguin was hanging out in my stream until the scrim against Randa's pick-up group started, and then the moment the scrim ended, resumed talking in my chat.

I said who KeyBread was on stream last night. (It isn't Ola)

You guys are all forgetting the first rule of Rostermania and it's that until the player is released+signed to a new org, no roster is final.

Assuming the first roster you hear from a player is going to stick is the worst assumption you can make.  (Except for EG's, since they signed him.  Also Suspector was the only prospect I'd had rated above Penguin, so it's not like he's one you have to take guesses on.  He's proven.)

Players are going to play the field and see who feels the best to be around before making a decision.

• Upvote (+1) 8

250 x .3 = taxes

175k take home net cash.

that's a huge salary for 6 months of work, call it a year if you want. 

it's life changing if you're smart, if you're an idiot, it's just money to piss away

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't like Greenskull, well, I don't like his videos - I'm sure he's a sound guy in person. But HWC videos from him, especially behind-the-scenes is only good for us.

Totally. Especially since he has the attention of the more casual crowd, which is certainly larger than the uber-competitive crowd. Anything that brings the competitive scene to a larger audience is only good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For as much of a halo "genius" you are id expect you to be higher than diamond 2. I get that your shot sucks but your decision making is questionable at most. Definitely a priority quit playing the game player.

aaaaand the award for Shitbag-Post-Of-The-Day goes tooooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 2

OrderedBlock is 100% Penguin.  Penguin was hanging out in my stream until the scrim against Randa's pick-up group started, and then the moment the scrim ended, resumed talking in my chat.

You guys are all forgetting the first rule of Rostermania and it's that until the player is released+signed to a new org, no roster is final.

Assuming the first roster you hear from a player is going to stick is the worst assumption you can make.  (Except for EG's, since they signed him.  Also Suspector was the only prospect I'd had rated above Penguin, so it's not like he's one you have to take guesses on.  He's proven.)

Players are going to play the field and see who feels the best to be around before making a decision.

This means you sniped Penguin from nV for TL, right? Since he's a big fan of yours? Prayers  :intensifies:

can someone translate this for me

This means you sniped Penguin from nV for TL, right? Since he's a big fan of yours? Prayers  :intensifies:

Nope.  You really should have been watching my stream last night...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey friend, can you summarize what you said on stream last night for us?

Wasn't home :/

Was binge-watching the Office again  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey friend, can you summarize what you said on stream last night for us?

Wasn't home :/

You're doing it wrong, you need to Slide into his DM's, to get that sweet :intel: !

Mark of an entrepreneur, uses chaos to climb up in standing.

Just call me...

Little Finger.

Hey guys I was in his stream and he said Scaryotic is the best player in the game.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

250 x .3 = taxes

175k take home net cash.

that's a huge salary for 6 months of work, call it a year if you want. 

it's life changing if you're smart, if you're an idiot, it's just money to piss away

I mean i feel like most players are in a well off spot with orgs paying their monthly, and if they stream theres another income. 

So the 175k is a great thing because it allows them no excuse whatsoever to be distracted when they start pro league and the second season of HWC for another possible million+

That money gets you a lot of things like you said if theyre smart, luckily CLG is a pretty smart group, all of them remind me of formal when it comes to money, formal basically bought himself a nice car and thats it.

See I thought this too but why would pistola make an alternate tag named key bread? Not impossible just seems odd for him to play on an alternate tag. If it isn't him it does peak my interest who the 4th they were running with is.

Ola plays almost exclusively on smurf accounts though...

edit: apparently it isn't Ola. I wish it was.

White Ocean's Big Board (Best Available Free Agents)

2. goldenboy - while also a caster, he has shown the capability to handle gold level players in FFA. i think if he had some time to practice, he could definitely help a team. i'm not sure if he would be pure objective or maybe mostly objective. but he's got a lot of upside. his shot could be described as "terrible" to "brutal", but his decision making is what makes him a top free agent for me. the way he navigates a map, it's really special. i expect him to land on a top team as alternate. 

This is pure gold!

I think we need to delineate between "life changing money" and "enough money to retire." A lot of ppl are talking like these two phrases are interchangeable. They're not. Obviously the 175k or 250k is life changing, but it's definitely not enough to be set for life. 

I kind of don't want to post this because I'm sick of reading about it, but I had to chime in. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

formal basically bought himself a nice car and thats it.

he a bought a hyundai genesis. doesnt cost that much