CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish they would have went further and broken expected spending down by genre. I also wish they would have shown spending from previous years. Quality ESPN articles have become rarities. 

While it might not be quality, it still shows the growth of e-sports. I am just happy with the mainstream coverage really. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How many people have actually watched FIS play? So many posters talk about his lack of skill. I didn't know that many people watched him. I really don't think his skill level is as low as some of you are making it out to be, but I haven't seen him.

I've watched a lot of him, and he's really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish they would have went further and broken expected spending down by genre. I also wish they would have shown spending from previous years. Quality ESPN articles have become rarities.

Keep in mind who the audience is that ESPN articles are targeting right now. It isn't us (the core gaming group) and it shouldn't be. It is for the outside to learn the basics so they can slowly get accustomed to e-sports.

So in my opinion they are quality because they have targeted their audience correctly

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wonder if that WFX squad that got 2nd in a beyond tournament and almost 3-0'd CLG will ever get together.

They should - even though they choked  :wutface:  They were up 2-0 on CLG  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if that WFX squad that got 2nd in a beyond tournament and almost 3-0'd CLG will ever get together.

which squad was this?

Keep in mind who the audience is that ESPN articles are targeting right now. It isn't us (the core gaming group) and it shouldn't be. It is for the outside to learn the basics so they can slowly get accustomed to e-sports.

So in my opinion they are quality because they have targeted their audience correctly

I can see that, but I was talking about their articles in general. I am just being whiny because I don't want to pay for ESPN The Magazine to get access to full articles so I have to settle for these abridged write-ups. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Also, there are plenty of other quality sports writers whose stuff can be found online. However, I have digressed from Halo. 

More on topic, does anyone have intel about when we are going to figure out specifics for the pro league? 

I think I saw Jennyus volunteer to do PoV switching at live events on Twitter.

This needs to happen asap.

• Upvote (+1) 7

which squad was this?

I believe it was Goofy, Nemassist, Ryanoob, Str8 Sick. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I believe it was Goofy, Nemassist, Ryanoob, Str8 Sick. 

Str8sick said on his stream the other night that himself and nemassist are an official TO2 so it is plausible, as long as str8 sick and nemassist still want to team with goofy after they failed to make it out of regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 and Nem have been playing with lifestyle and shooter...at least from the games i played with them the other day.

Anyway, I hope both of them can widdle their way into a squad with at least 1 veteran. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I saw Jennyus volunteer to do PoV switching at live events on Twitter.

This needs to happen asap.

Oh yes it does if he really did volunteer. I actually notice how poor the PoV switching is at prioritizing players in position to make the important or flashy play. Flags are ran and capped and the casters are like "Uh oh wow look a flag cap already happened I didn't even see it!" Meanwhile I'm just sitting there like "Yeah same thanks for sucking." Then other times, like Royal 2's overkill, they just randomly leave the guy with snipe and try to rush back to watching it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really think people are reading far too much into this FIS situation, we know 2gre, victory x and FIS are all great friends not even mentioning the fact that Ninja has teamed with FIS twice previously. They are not blind and definitely smart enough to realize that FIS peaked in 2010, ever since he has been nowhere near as dominant, he wasn't even considered for a top team during the online qualifiers so I highly doubt, top players are going to consider him now for the pro league.

In addition, I feel the team of 2gre, ninja, victory and commonly is slightly under-rated by some as that's team composure, smarts and communication with 2gre and victory would be solid. Could they beat CLG, not likely but how many squads really have a realistic chance of beating CLG? Very few!

Out of all the free agents left I would like to see something like Naded (taking the lethul role), Cratos/Rayne (Support) and Mikwen and Penquin being the two main slayers.

Edit: Additionally thanks for all the support on my first post!

Dude. No See. FiS just dose not understand his own talent okay?

He needs the hair back and he will be just as dominate as he was in 2010. Once 2011 hit and the hair was gone it was down hill.

#BringBackTehHairz2016

If he got on optic, The Optic Beard and The Optic Hair would join forces. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Royal 2's overkill made me a bit salty. They need to start prioritizing the players who have the power weapons, are making an important push, or just generally doing something exciting. I really hate seeing flag-holder POVs in standoff situations as well.

Dude. No See. FiS just dose not understand his own talent okay?

He needs the hair back and he will be just as dominate as he was in 2010. Once 2011 hit and the hair was gone it was down hill.

#BringBackTehHairz2016

If he got on optic, The Optic Beard and The Optic Hair would join forces. 

:wutface:  :wutface:

My god you are right, why did I not notice this until now, It is so obvious,  #bringbacktehhairz2016  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Luminosity announced that they picked up an Overwatch team; asked on Twitter "what about a Halo team" and they favorited it. Would be cool to see them pick up a squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Royal 2's overkill made me a bit salty. They need to start prioritizing the players who have the power weapons, are making an important push, or just generally doing something exciting. I really hate seeing flag-holder POVs in standoff situations as well.

I was bummed we missed it too but i think it's important to show the flag caps as they happen since playing the objective is what really matters. If it were slayer and we missed it i would be pissed though. and you can't really blame them for missing it since it 99/100 times nothing crazy like that happens in that scenario. it would be nice if they would record each individual POV so they can show better replays after the match

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like Rostermania, in fact, I LOVE Rostermania, but I feel like w/o a set date for roster locks for Pro League its gonna be as messy, exhausting and awful as the entire online qualifier season.

I'm ready for teams to pick a squad and start practicing. 

What I feel is holding the scene back is simply the lack of consistency. I want teams to form, and stick it out through thick and thin. Grind some practice, deal with ups and downs, etc, it's all apart of the game and I feel like we're being deprived of that.

Pro League will be good for this, but until then? Especially if we're looking at a month or more wait? Shit.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Speaking of, I really hope Optic gets a solid roster. Flamesword pulls so many fucking viewers. Did Allegiance break up? If so your ass needs to get naded FS. So that would be maniac, FS, Naded, and all they would need is a solid 4th.  

Oh yes it does if he really did volunteer. I actually notice how poor the PoV switching is at prioritizing players in position to make the important or flashy play. Flags are ran and capped and the casters are like "Uh oh wow look a flag cap already happened I didn't even see it!" Meanwhile I'm just sitting there like "Yeah same thanks for sucking." Then other times, like Royal 2's overkill, they just randomly leave the guy with snipe and try to rush back to watching it.

Yeah. It was really weird how in the first game of the finals we were stuck watching Cratos sit under his team's elbow with snipe while CLG pulled and scored the flag.

I did a double take when the next one put them 2-1 up because I simply hadn't even noticed that anything happened from that PoV.

Craytos just said on stream that him and Naded got offers to join Optic.

Would cratos and naded even play together?  I thought instinct's post suggesting nobody on allegiance wanted to team with each other after worlds?

Maybe cratos + commonly? (not optic necessarily)  Cratos spoke well of him in stream although they don't seem to have a team history to build on.  Just a thought.

I was bummed we missed it too but i think it's important to show the flag caps as they happen since playing the objective is what really matters. If it were slayer and we missed it i would be pissed though. and you can't really blame them for missing it since it 99/100 times nothing crazy like that happens in that scenario. it would be nice if they would record each individual POV so they can show better replays after the match

I think missing the overkill was a pretty clear mistake. Ideally they would have gone into the situation showing the point of view of people initiating the cap or someone that can see it and then transition out to R2 trying to spawn snipe because that is the important/exciting play in stopping the other team from pushing after the flag pull. All while commentating over that in a way that emphasizes that a flag is being run and why we're watching R2. Also being ready to swap to someone that slips through and has a real chance of a stop. Basically they just need to paint a picture of the moment that people can understand while still trying to catch the crazy plays. Its awful when we just see a guy fighting a 1v1 off somewhere not in line of sight of the flag so nobody sees the flag run from start to finish.

• Upvote (+1) 2