CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Imagine the fanboy hype though if that team was good. 2010 FB is probably the second most liked team behind 07 FB. I know that was probably my favorite team to watch play. TLN made that so much better though since you got to experience those LANs and really understand the personalities in a way that wasn't possible before.

Speaking of that we REALLY need something like TLN to come back and a way for them to run that many boxes. That would make pro league, between events, and the run up to the next HWC 100x more hype.

It really wouldn't be that difficult.  The reason that TLN was such a blessing back in the day is that a majority of the pro players really didn't have their own places.  A lot of them still lived at home.  So having Mr. Pinnacchio offer up his house to the pros to come and stay/play at for extended periods of time was awesome.

Now that the players are earning more money from sponsors/teams and have their own place, it would really just be getting the necessary network equipment together and clearing out the living room and streaming one or two screens for viewers.  Granted, none of the pro player homes are probably big enough to support 4-5 teams like the old days, but maybe at least have 2-3 teams rotate scrims for a day or two.

Imagine the fanboy hype though if that team was good. 2010 FB is probably the second most liked team behind 07 FB. I know that was probably my favorite team to watch play. TLN made that so much better though since you got to experience those LANs and really understand the personalities in a way that wasn't possible before.

Speaking of that we REALLY need something like TLN to come back and a way for them to run that many boxes. That would make pro league, between events, and the run up to the next HWC 100x more hype.

This 100%

I also find this post funny because every time FiS comes up in conversation I think of TLN, because I would strictly watch his POV back then. He had one of the cleanest styles in H3 behind Neighbor and Ola. 

I really think people are reading far too much into this FIS situation, we know 2gre, victory x and FIS are all great friends not even mentioning the fact that Ninja has teamed with FIS twice previously. They are not blind and definitely smart enough to realize that FIS peaked in 2010, ever since he has been nowhere near as dominant, he wasn't even considered for a top team during the online qualifiers so I highly doubt, top players are going to consider him now for the pro league.

In addition, I feel the team of 2gre, ninja, victory and commonly is slightly under-rated by some as that's team composure, smarts and communication with 2gre and victory would be solid. Could they beat CLG, not likely but how many squads really have a realistic chance of beating CLG? Very few!

Out of all the free agents left I would like to see something like Naded (taking the lethul role), Cratos/Rayne (Support) and Mikwen and Penquin being the two main slayers.

Edit: Additionally thanks for all the support on my first post!

• Upvote (+1) 4

eu halo tomorrow guys, i hope some of you show up and support halo :simms:

AND OUR BOY @@Batchford!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Out of all the free agents left I would like to see something like Naded (taking the lethul role), cratos (Support) and Mikwen and Penquin being the two main slayers.

Do people really still talk about 'roles'?

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are definitely roles within teams still, it is just they are more fluid than previous halo's, due to how fast the games tend to play nowadays.

Edit: Furthermore former halo pro and personality"Ghandi"  once said teams can no longer rely on just one or two players carrying out the objective but rather they need players which can do it all (like CLG), the game moves so fast and is so dynamic that teams which do rely on just one or two people to do the so called "dirty work" will be left behind. Obviously there are still tendencies such as royal 2 will gravitate towards the sniper/ power weapons but if he is having an off game he has team mates who can all rip faces with sniper (just less consistently).

I personally broke it down into roles so people could better understand the potential team composition but you are correct definitive roles are less solid as they once were but are ultimately are still there at least in some capacity.

I will be ripping Batchford all stream long. It's going to be amazing.

I expected nothing less :)

I really think people are reading far too much into this FIS situation, we know 2gre, victory x and FIS are all great friends not even mentioning the fact that Ninja has teamed with FIS twice previously. They are not blind and definitely smart enough to realize that FIS peaked in 2010, ever since he has been nowhere near as dominant, he wasn't even considered for a top team during the online qualifiers so I highly doubt, top players are going to consider him now for the pro league.

In addition, I feel the team of 2gre, ninja, victory and commonly is slightly under-rated by some as that's team composure, smarts and communication with 2gre and victory would be solid. Could they beat CLG, not likely but how many squads really have a realistic chance of beating CLG? Very few!

Out of all the free agents left I would like to see something like Naded (taking the lethul role), Cratos/Rayne (Support) and Mikwen and Penquin being the two main slayers.

Edit: Additionally thanks for all the support on my first post!

Didn't the Online Qualifier situation have a little more to do with points?

Plus, of the nine h2a tourney's he only placed out of the top 4 three times for 5th-6th. 

lol you guys are reading way too much in to the FIS thing. 2gre and Ninja had just lost two games in MM to some to4 so FIS just popped in to stream asking if they needed help. 100% vibe of just friends playing.

How many people have actually watched FIS play? So many posters talk about his lack of skill. I didn't know that many people watched him. I really don't think his skill level is as low as some of you are making it out to be, but I haven't seen him.

So Commonly quit playing with a potential new team last night so that he could spend the whole night posting on Twitter and the TB forums? Hmmm.....

I guess some days you're just not feeling it?

How many people have actually watched FIS play? So many posters talk about his lack of skill. I didn't know that many people watched him. I really don't think his skill level is as low as some of you are making it out to be, but I haven't seen him.

People just like to think that they know what they're talking about.  Never any specific examples given with their statements, they just speak in generalities and hope the opinion sticks.

This, then the final on Sunday will be streamed on twitch.tv/multiplayesports. I'm not sure when our stage slot for Sunday is yet, I'll try and post when I find out

you're the man! ty

So Commonly quit playing with a potential new team last night so that he could spend the whole night posting on Twitter and the TB forums? Hmmm.....

I guess some days you're just not feeling it?

to be fair this is probably the best time to goof off

still pissed we barely saw his destruction at worlds. he was all over the kill feed but we were watching ppl crouching in a corner instead

anyone who says allegiance didnt deserve 2nd because of the tournament format dont know how amazing he and his team were really playing. 

umm. no. read my pined tweet. twitter.com/w0uld. i wrote an essay on how they got golden brackets and beat weak teams. ALTHOUGH giving them HUGE props for beating RNG. But anyone with a brain knows that is an RNG choke. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is an interesting read on the amount of money that brands are spending in e-sports:

http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/15060795/brands-spend-325-million-esports-2016

I didn't realize so many big brands are actually investing in e-sports. 

I wish they would have went further and broken expected spending down by genre. I also wish they would have shown spending from previous years. Quality ESPN articles have become rarities. 

• Upvote (+1) 1