CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I thought everyone hated Blitz and called it a bad capture the flag? Are you sure you're not thinking of Uplink in Asvanced Warfare?

Nah, both were pretty hype at live events compared to playing it online.

I have no doubt that Breakout will at the very least be somewhat hype to watch at times. It's just playing it and the concept of higher lethality that makes it suck. It's so different from the core game and that's 99% of the problem with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but does anyone know if Team Arena has radar? I'm assuming it will, since I haven't seen anything specifying otherwise. To me, this is a much bigger problem than Breakout (which we already knew they would at least test).

It seems to me that radar is now in the main competitive playlist, which then also leads to it potentially being in tournaments.

Someone please tell me I'm missing something here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lame launch game types in my opinion, 4 isn't awful for final settings but without koth, oddball, assault, or extraction (if it's in the game I actually don't know) we are missing a core selection which imo would all be better than strongholds. I'm at work so I haven't read much but did it say anything about when they will be added? If it's not too long after launch I wouldn't be too worried, I doubt this means those are the set game types for tourneys sanctioned for main events. Without any announcements for hcs seasons yet I think it's safe to say it's not starting the day it releases.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lame launch game types in my opinion, 4 isn't awful for final settings but without koth, oddball, assault, or extraction (if it's in the game I actually don't know) we are missing a core selection which imo would all be better than strongholds. I'm at work so I haven't read much but did it say anything about when they will be added? If it's not too long after launch I wouldn't be too worried, I doubt this means those are the set game types for tourneys sanctioned for main events. Without any announcements for hcs seasons yet I think it's safe to say it's not starting the day it releases.

We are pretty much in the dark regarding game types. As far as it's concerned they don't exist at all in the game right now, even for Custom Games.

A few questions while you're here, oh great Lethul.

1. How do you feel about competitive Breakout?
  2. How would you feel about HCS structure switching from LAN Tournaments with points to a Pro League like LCS/CoD
  3. If you had to pick a game type to be added into HCS (only one, I seriously doubt we'll get them all), which one would you want to return?

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but does anyone know if Team Arena has radar? I'm assuming it will, since I haven't seen anything specifying otherwise. To me, this is a much bigger problem than Breakout (which we already knew they would at least test).

It seems to me that radar is now in the main competitive playlist, which then also leads to it potentially being in tournaments.

Someone please tell me I'm missing something here.

People who analyzed footage and stuff stated that Radar only triggers when a player Sprints, Thrusts, Shoots or performs certain actions. It's more about punishing people who are abusing movement and less about knowing where they are at all times. In addition the radius is a lot smaller than the Beta and any Halo game to date.

Wow I actually agree with you. What a time to be alive.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"Very soon after launch"....Or in other words about 2.7 Earth years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are pretty much in the dark regarding game types. As far as it's concerned they don't exist at all in the game right now, even for Custom Games.

A few questions while you're here, oh great Lethul.

• How do you feel about competitive Breakout?
  • How would you feel about HCS structure switching from LAN Tournaments with points to a Pro League like LCS/CoD
  • If you had to pick a game type to be added into HCS (only one, I seriously doubt we'll get them all), which one would you want to return?

I'm a good employee so I spend my days on my phone reading Reddit and the forums.

1) I actually liked breakout, now don't get me wrong it could be the honeymoon stage as there is that effect with any fresh game, it wasn't super campy and I saw a video where there was a flag in the middle, which wasn't really focused on but when a team had numbers advantage they could use it to force moves and took out the stalemate factor. I think it was a holmbom YouTube vid I'm sure you could find it. I think this is a game type nobody should be upset about being tried out, this isn't a ricochet scenario. I knew right away that game type had no chance of being decent in halo and I was 100% right, if you ever played it you will agree.

2) I love LAN tourneys, and I hate waiting hours due to people not protecting themselves from ddos. It seems that all games are going toward this league idea since it's consistent content. I'm sure the ddos thing won't be bad since most people have learned by now, and if it's run right it could work. I'm just worried about scheduling in the event that a league happens, this isn't cod where 90% of pros seem like they do nothing.

3) hmm... Assuming you mean the game types that aren't in yet, I would say assault or koth. Oddball on reach and beyond has been a let down

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do people actually like stronghold? I only played a few games in the beta and I absolutely hated it. Breakout was 10x better, and I would take oddball/KOTH/assault over stronghold any day. 

Do people actually like stronghold? I only played a few games in the beta and I absolutely hated it. Breakout was 10x better, and I would take oddball/KOTH/assault over stronghold any day.

I hated strongholds as well. That's why it annoys me when people try and say it should replace KoTH.

In all honesty I hope we end up with the same situation as CoD: Ghosts' Blitz where everyone ripped on it and then the first even with it was mad hype.

Er, people hated Blitz all year long in Ghosts.  Octane being in the rotation the entirety of the game didn't help either.  

Uplink is probably the example you're looking for.  Sure it's fun to watch with the last second throws and clutch dunks, but it probably wouldn't be used competitively if CTF worked.  

Have there been any tournament announcements lately? Or are they gonna wait till after launch?

yeah not a fan of strongholds at all 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why is Regret not part of Team Arena? It's essentially the same as Truth but the variation is refreshing and it wasn't dark like 99% of the maps are.

Is there really going to be two warzone playlists? Are they that different from eachother that it's necessary to split them?

There's a serious lack of gametypes. They couldn't squeeze in one playlist for classic objective games like Ball, KOTH, etc?

Either way, I'll be honest. The only playlists I'd mostly be playing are Team Arena, Free-for-All, and Team Doubles if they had that. The playlists could definitely be better but it's not the end of the world.

I'm just praying that the game actually works on release.

Edit: Oh yeah, I really don't understand how the remakes of Midship are not in the FFA playlist. Midship has always been the go-to FFA map in all of Halo. I just don't get that decision.

Strongholds really impressed me, and created a lot of clutch comebacks that aren't possible with KOTH or Territories. Excited to see it more on asymms like Eden & The Rig. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1) I actually liked breakout, now don't get me wrong it could be the honeymoon stage as there is that effect with any fresh game, it wasn't super campy and I saw a video where there was a flag in the middle, which wasn't really focused on but when a team had numbers advantage they could use it to force moves and took out the stalemate factor.

theoffice_michaelscott_crying.gif

He gets it.

Also, interesting perspective on a Pro League. LANs obviously wouldn't go away, but yeah Pro League would be the way to get consistent competitive Halo, and then there would be mid-season or off-season LANs for bonus Prize Pools, grudge matches, and cool moments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why is Regret not part of Team Arena? It's essentially the same as Truth but the variation is refreshing and it wasn't dark like 99% of the maps are.

Regret will hands down be a fan favorite, it is one of the most beautiful maps and is very, very easy to understand for new players.

However it's competitive viability is extremely minimal. Ramparts/Carbine are extremely powerful and can just be locked down and get people spawning on the other side of the map at Pink.

Asyms like Eden, Rig, etc. offer a lot more diversity in setups and map control.

What do you mean by this.

Probably that most people have learned how to protect themselves from nefarious ddosers now.

Regret will hands down be a fan favorite, it is one of the most beautiful maps and is very, very easy to understand for new players.

However it's competitive viability is extremely minimal. Ramparts/Carbine are extremely powerful and can just be locked down and get people spawning on the other side of the map at Pink.

Asyms like Eden, Rig, etc. offer a lot more diversity in setups and map control.

Regret Strongholds thoughhhhhh >>>>>>>

Strongholds is terrible. Dont understand how anyone likes it. KOTH and Assault are much much better gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I posted that minutes before i realized they were the official playlists

theoffice_michaelscott_crying.gif

He gets it.

Also, interesting perspective on a Pro League. LANs obviously wouldn't go away, but yeah Pro League would be the way to get consistent competitive Halo, and then there would be mid-season or off-season LANs for bonus Prize Pools, grudge matches, and cool moments.

Do you feel there could have been any improvements what so over made to breakout's objective? I've heard numerous, numerous suggestions that I felt were improvements that would provide more options.