CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Look at all the shit they wont fix then realize that 343 wont be recoding the game to make a halo ce pistol work. Why is this even a discussion?

The BR or the DMR. 

If you spawned with the BR and pistol. people would switch to the BR.

If the pistol was on map..again..who would pick that up....not many people.

has the H2 BR been tested yet... how does that work in competitive play so far, could be a starting weapon?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

are we going to have the same gametypes next season?

would love to see assault or oddball 

• Upvote (+1) 6

ht_BuildaSandbox_hero_image.jpg

Too many weapons in the sandbox, buckets and rakes are too powerful

• Upvote (+1) 1

Massive Respect to @@Sandman since TMZ asked for his photos to be used and he turned them down. 

Don't want to be associated with that. Good choice my man. 

Just now seeing this. Like we talked about on Twitter, I'm all about wanting Halo esports Is taken seriously. Competitive Halo thriving In a positive light Is more important to me than having my photos on a ridiculous TV program such as TMZ. 

PS You're the man <3

Good on him. TMZ is toxic. Hopefully a site that isn't cancer will give him a pretty penny though. He deserves to be paid for his work.

I sincerely appreciate this brotha. It means a lot to me <3

• Upvote (+1) 7

are we going to have the same gametypes next season?

would love to see assault or oddball 

Whynotboth.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

has the H2 BR been tested yet... how does that work in competitive play so far, could be a starting weapon?

No. It has more bullet mag, more aim assist and is a much easier gun than any loadout weapon in Halo 5.

Ideally it gets removed from any Arena maps as is and replaced by the default BR, which is harder to use.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What does that mean?

Warzone terms.

The H2 BR was brought back and designed to be a Warzone loadout weapon, a mythic one at that. It's meant to be easy to use, just like the original Halo 2 Battle Rifle was.

It's the same reason the CE Pistol is so overpowered, it's a Warzone power weapon.

It's a shame that they just add these weapons to new Arena maps because they're just there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stellur was the main slayer of that team. His kill orientated and baiting style is that of a main slayer - whether of not he had the best KD.

Gonna disagree with this (same with Royal 2 as Main Slayer), but Halo is very free form in terms of defined player roles and without an actual concrete definition the argument can essentially go on forever.

A Main Slayer to me is someone at the forefront of engagements, often using Power Weapons, Overshields, etc., has a recognizably amazing shot and reaction time, etc.

Stellur and Royal 2 are what I simply define as "Snipers" (akin to Snipedown), outside of actually using the Sniper, they are reliant on listening to team communication and good positioning to get kills.

In Short: a Main Slayer is a person who can get a badass reversal perfect to turn around either team's momentum, but a Sniper/Slayer is the person who's cleaning up kills and picking up multi kills thanks to other players.

Not saying that the two are exclusive, because any player can do anything in Halo and roles are very up to interpretation.

Summit has always been a fan of competitive Halo. For years he's been saying how Halo takes some of the most skill to be good at it, not to mention how much more we deserve as a community to grow. 

Yeah I know he's been a fan of Halo. Maybe it takes the most skill to be good at however I was talking about right now the competition as a whole is more fierce in cs than it is Halo.

I would have loved to see Halo's size if twitter, youtube and twitch were the norm in Halo's prime days.

Also, for Tashi's sake...

This is not a Radar/Settings/Sandbox/Matchmaking Discussion Thread. If you want to be edgy and debate, head here, we encourage it! There are hurricanes approaching and we can't have descension among the ranks that is taking away from our precious :intel:

if the joke went over your head, Tashi = Christ, our lord and savior of eSports  :kappa: 

just to be clear we can discuss HCS game types right? just curious, cause if not i'll just post that stuff in the other thread

Gonna disagree with this (same with Royal 2 as Main Slayer), but Halo is very free form in terms of defined player roles and without an actual concrete definition the argument can essentially go on forever.

A Main Slayer to me is someone at the forefront of engagements, often using Power Weapons, Overshields, etc., has a recognizably amazing shot and reaction time, etc.

Stellur and Royal 2 are what I simply define as "Snipers" (akin to Snipedown), outside of actually using the Sniper, they are reliant on listening to team communication and good positioning to get kills.

In Short: a Main Slayer is a person who can get a badass reversal perfect to turn around either team's momentum, but a Sniper/Slayer is the person who's cleaning up kills and picking up multi kills thanks to other players.

Not saying that the two are exclusive, because any player can do anything in Halo and roles are very up to interpretation.

Disclaimer: It is semantics to argue this, so saying you're wrong would be pointless, since it's just a difference in personal definitions...but going to respond to flesh out my personal definitions (which seem to be similar to what DaveStu is using in this case.)

The thing you're defining as a "Main Slayer" is what I would call a "Tank" -- someone to be on the front lines leading the engagements and drawing the attention of the other team.  They're aggro, in-your-face, and putting pressure on the people most likely to deal damage on the other team.

To me, a main slayer is someone who will go massively positive by dying little and killing a lot, whereas the type of player you're talking about is more likely to have a KD generally around 1.0 unless they're having an amazing game, in which case it'll skew more heavily upward.  They'll likely have the most DAMAGE on their team, and often lead their team in kills... but also be high on deaths and NOT lead in Damage per Death.

Spartan and Ninja both fit this description to me, whereas I'd be inclined to agree with DaveStu on calling Stellur the "Slayer" of Renegades.  And VictoryX a "Ranger" or "Filler" kind of player, where he just dealt damage from afar wherever possible.

I personally feel the person who carries your Sniper is your team's "Slayer" (or in MOBA terms, your "Carry" because you're relying them to prioritize their LIFE over their DAMAGE.) -- Them failing is akin to your team losing a fight.  Whereas if your front-line aggressive players fall, but at least deal damage, your "Slayer" can still come in and clean up kills and then focus on staying alive, neutralizing the engagement.

Again, this is all semantics, so it is not a big deal.  Just a difference of personal opinions/perceptions and how we each define the exact same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Understandable -- it's a gametype he's really good at.

When Liquid were discussing dropping Ninja, one of the strengths I'd listed as a defense of him was his ability to lead a team to victory in Breakout -- because even if he was dead, when it got down to a 1v1 or 2v2 situation, he was constantly EXACTLY RIGHT about what movements the opponents were gonna take and set up the team to finish off the kills to win the round.

Whether it's just his brain being really good at tracking one person's movements, or a result of a ton of time being poured into 1v1s and 2v2s over the course of his career is irrelevant, but Ninja was really good at Breakout.  He SHOULD want it to come back.

You guys say Allegiance were the team that truly hurt because of the removal of Breakout, but I still say Renegades were the best team at the gametype.

When he competed, Chig was also great at Breakout. If that initial Liquid squad would have stayed together they would have dominated that game type. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like this. Heres my 2c.

Firstly, lets take nostalgia out of the picture. I know its easy to refer to what has been in the past etc, but lets look at H5 as H5.

The out of the box halo settings are very, very good. There only needs to be some SLIGHT tweaks imo to make the game the best it could be. Firstly I would like to personally see radar removed, to allow better, less restricted map movement. Flanks become more important and relevant to gameplay, which also produce some of the most exciting plays imo with the oppurtunity for multi kills and clutch moments. Ogre 2 sword flank on h3 for a triple anyone?

Pistol is a great starting weapon, especially with a 5sk. Hitting 5 shots takes more skill than 4 in a battle, and the kill time is fine in comparison to other available weapons. Might get some hate for this, but it is probably the most 'balanced' starting weapon from the entire halo franchise, meaning it allows other weapons to be relevant and have use in the game.

Automatics do need a nerf, but only slightly. Im talking 10-20%. They still need to be relevant, and worth picking up on the map to make the gameplay from a spectators viewpoint varied, but also to still have a range of different weapons being useful, and for the way they were designed. This would also hopefully reduce the amount of 'camping' or crouching around corners, as the player would have an increased chance of winning the battle with their pistol should they be approached by an automatic. Auto respawns should also be tweaked so that they are not consistently available, which leads onto my next point about 1v1 pistol engagements.

Hopefully this small reduction in power would promote more 1v1 pistol engagements, which is what this game is missing alot at the moment imo. The best feeling in any halo is outshooting your opponenent, and my making the automatics less enticing to pick up for medium - medium short range battles hopefully put the emphasis on 1v1 pistol battles again. Also a slightly increased clip would be good just to increase multikill opportunities, which are great from both a player and viewers perspective.

Finally, I would like to see the sniper tweaked and the hitboxes reduced. Halo 5 does not give me the 'feels' of other halo games when I hit a headshot. TBH its more of a suprise when you see the top pros missing. This would make the sniper a more exciting weapon to spectate, as well as increase the skill gap required in game to hit shots in clutch situations.  Also the aim assist on no-scopes should be adjusted, as there is no point in trying to quick scope on this game with the ease of which it is to no-scope.

To sum up, again, H5 out of the box is incredible. Just some tweaks to make it what I see to be more competitive and seperate the top top players even more.

Again this is all my opinion, but based on watching a hell of a lot of incredible halo we have seen from the Vanilla settings.

I could be wrong of course.

:simms:

I agree with all of this. Great post. And great job at HWC <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

just to be clear we can discuss HCS game types right? just curious, cause if not i'll just post that stuff in the other thread

That thread is for everything eSports, Arena, Sandbox, Matchmaking, Gametypes, etc. go at it.

Disclaimer: It is semantics to argue this, so saying you're wrong would be pointless, since it's just a difference in personal definitions...but going to respond to flesh out my personal definitions (which seem to be similar to what DaveStu is using in this case.)

The thing you're defining as a "Main Slayer" is what I would call a "Tank" -- someone to be on the front lines leading the engagements and drawing the attention of the other team.  They're aggro, in-your-face, and putting pressure on the people most likely to deal damage on the other team.

To me, a main slayer is someone who will go massively positive by dying little and killing a lot, whereas the type of player you're talking about is more likely to have a KD generally around 1.0 unless they're having an amazing game, in which case it'll skew more heavily upward.  They'll likely have the most DAMAGE on their team, and often lead their team in kills... but also be high on deaths and NOT lead in Damage per Death.

Spartan and Ninja both fit this description to me, whereas I'd be inclined to agree with DaveStu on calling Stellur the "Slayer" of Renegades.  And VictoryX a "Ranger" or "Filler" kind of player, where he just dealt damage from afar wherever possible.

I personally feel the person who carries your Sniper is your team's "Slayer" (or in MOBA terms, your "Carry" because you're relying them to prioritize their LIFE over their DAMAGE.) -- Them failing is akin to your team losing a fight.  Whereas if your front-line aggressive players fall, but at least deal damage, your "Slayer" can still come in and clean up kills and then focus on staying alive, neutralizing the engagement.

Again, this is all semantics, so it is not a big deal.  Just a difference of personal opinions/perceptions and how we each define the exact same thing.

Fair point. I do like those definitions better. Cut down your seventy-two layered cake of priorities and thats something I can get behind.

If we get a solid list of 4-6 roles I think that would be great to include in future HCS Broadcasts, but they have to be things that are relevant and recognizable in the context of an eSport and competitive game. None of this Flex, Hypeman, etc. wackiness.

• Slayer and/or Sniper
  • Objective
  • Support
  • Tanks
  • Shotcaller

The discussion can then be swayed more towards how each role applies himself in the team and through the maps/sandbox. Snakebite (who I'd hope you'd classify as a tank?) is the type of person who runs Power Weapons and calls plays/shotcalls, whereas Ninja is the type who is aggressive and runs objectives based on successful pushes.

• Upvote (+1) 1