CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like Ninja, but he just said he wants Breakout back.

Understandable -- it's a gametype he's really good at.

When Liquid were discussing dropping Ninja, one of the strengths I'd listed as a defense of him was his ability to lead a team to victory in Breakout -- because even if he was dead, when it got down to a 1v1 or 2v2 situation, he was constantly EXACTLY RIGHT about what movements the opponents were gonna take and set up the team to finish off the kills to win the round.

Whether it's just his brain being really good at tracking one person's movements, or a result of a ton of time being poured into 1v1s and 2v2s over the course of his career is irrelevant, but Ninja was really good at Breakout.  He SHOULD want it to come back.

You guys say Allegiance were the team that truly hurt because of the removal of Breakout, but I still say Renegades were the best team at the gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can we please stop disregarding pro opinions just because they won a tournament? These guys play the game at the highest level.

The people who play at the highest level of any game or sport are always the most likely to not want the game/sport to change.

For example NFL defensive backs constantly complain about NFL rule changes regarding defensive pass interference rules. Even though these rule changes have played a large part in the meteoric rise in the overall popularity of the NFL.

I'm not saying pros player's opinions should be immediately disregarded. But Thier posts should be taken with a grain of salt because they have a different kind of vested interested in the game than the rest of us.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Of course, but I'm not saying they should do no damage to health just less. It makes weapon/ damage combos more useful.

Weapon combos are not going to work in Halo effectively. They are either OP or useless (or dual-wielding, pls no) because Halo's life resolution is too small - see the noob combo vs. trying to plasma someone in CE and then finish them with the pistol. Literally the only way to do this effectively is to dramatically increase the kill times. Nevermind the fact that this doesn't even complement Halo's gameplay because under no circumstance can you damage health and not shields, the variety isn't there. 

Pistol is a usable at all ranges utility weapon how it is, I don't see a warranted change.

The Magnum's kill-time and difficulty doesn't balance enough with the easier to use Rifles. It needs something to make it even more of a Utility weapon. Slightly Faster Fire-rate, or a 4-shot kill would give it that extra edge.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And...this is why pro opinions shouldn't be held to to a higher standard than other people's.

Obviously a guy who won 250k with the game this way is not going to want to change it.

Go ahead and neg. If anyone but a pro would have said a 4sk pistol wouldn't improve this game you'd all laugh. I don'y care about your circle jerk, I just want a Halo game that people who don't have a shot at hundreds of thousands of dollars will want to play.

I see this all the time in the Halo 5 Discussion thread and I don't understand it. If the top players on the competitive scene don't know what's best for competitive Halo, and the the majority of player who like the game as it stands don't know competitive, and 343 doesn't know competitive, then who on earth does?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I swear half of you guys must not be playing the same game as me

I love H5 as its own game, and you guys just want to turn it into a clone of earlier Halos

No, we just want a game that enough people want to play to maybe keep it in the xbl top 10 most populated games.

Don't be fooled by the hype of HWC, Halo is still very much in crisis mode. Currently sitting at #12 on the charts.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Here we go with the Enable/Formal teases :walshy:

...but maybe they'll actually seriously consider the switch considering the announced CoD prize pools.

I meant random as in why the actual hell are you trying to change the entire mechanic of a starting weapon that's actually been nothing but good so far, do you just want to change it to change it?

Also do you guys want to have a large assortment of weapons on the map and used or do you guys want to go back to the days of utility, 2/3 usable weapons on pick up and nothing else? most ideas I see posted are basically pulled from hats and make me want to just drink.

Also I love when people say "pros opinions shouldn't count more than others cause they said something I disagree with!!" I don't think mine is the say all end all but you guys also aren't smarter because you ARENT pro.

Pistol is a usable at all ranges utility weapon how it is, I don't see a warranted change.

I think the biggest problem that people have with the BR/DMR is that they basically do what the Pistol does, but easier. This may be somewhat decent for map movement, as I always go for weapons on Coli CTF etc, but the biggest problem some people like me have is how boring/similar they are to the Pistol.

Like for example, I wish the Storm Rifle was like the Halo CE PR, where it slowed down enemies who are hit by it. Hell, even give it an EMP effect so you can't use Spartan Abilities for a short period of time like an EMP.

Guns like this would be sick at high level in people like your's hands.

We just want cool, niche weapons in Halo. Not just easier reskins of the Pistol.

(I also think TSK being faster on Pistol would increase individualism because it means you get a higher chance of embarrassing multiple people shooting at you aka sick as hell)

Just my opinions though, would love to hear your opinions about mine. :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, we just want a game that enough people want to play to maybe keep it in the xbl top 10 most populated games.

Don't be fooled by the hype of HWC, halo is still very much in crisis mode. Currentky sitting at #12 on the charts.

i agree but i think the lack of pop has to do with lack of features and etc

not so much because of the game play, but i would like to see a slighty faster kill time on the pistol 

I see this all the time in the Halo 5 Discussion thread and I don't understand it. If the top players on the competitive scene don't know what's best for competitive Halo, and the the majority of player who like the game as it stands don't know competitive, and 343 doesn't know competitive, then who on earth does?

I think a lot of the time people say something like that they're just typing something to type or just not really fully explaining themselves completely. You see a lot of people just state their opinion without stating their reasoning for the opinion. I know I've done it before. Really anyone that can make a sound argument that reflects reality should be the only thing taken seriously regardless of who they are.

the pistol can easily win a battle against other rifles, the DMR has a longer red reticle range making it more effective yes, and the BR magnetism is too high. If there's something you want changed it should be the BR magnetism but it's the BR so nah leave it be right? The utility weapon isn't the best weapon to have, but it's a utility weapon effective at all ranges.

Throw the H5 BR in the trash honestly. The Halo 2 BR should be the only one on any of the maps. :lxthul:

• Downvote (-1) 2

If they did do something (source?) or is this just some fantasy?

But they should make the pistol scope easier to aim

the pistol can easily win a battle against other rifles, the DMR has a longer red reticle range making it more effective yes, and the BR magnetism is too high. If there's something you want changed it should be the BR magnetism but it's the BR so nah leave it be right? The utility weapon isn't the best weapon to have, but it's a utility weapon effective at all ranges.

If the pistol was a weapon on map, would you ever pick it up?

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Can we please stop disregarding pro opinions just because they won a tournament? These guys play the game at the highest level.

Sounds familiar.. Hmm.