CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

#intel.

Who is King Nick / Kephrii / Marbelize / Vetoed :weback:

Please please please let this be real.

Edit: Wow. FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

consistency is key, also 5sk pistol works amazing in this game, don't bring in the CE pistol just because you're never going to be told otherwise than CE was anything besides perfect. 4sk pistol change would be random and literally do nothing for the scene. This game plays well.

The CE pistol is straight garbo in H5 so there isn't much hubbub about that. But CE's sandbox style - not necessarily the exact sandbox itself, but the way the weapons all sit neatly around the utility weapon rather than dumping on it -  as well as its kill time resolution would make any Halo after it better. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just thought I'd chuck my $0.02 in about this whole "Ninja / Naded would be perfect for Optic" thing (because that isn't beating a dead horse). I really don't think they would be for a few reasons:

If you've watched the Optic vlogs and Vision (which is hella sick, definitely check it out) there definitely seems to be a type of personality that thrives at the Optic house and that is a laid back, chill dude who is looking to have fun and is easygoing with schedule and commitments. I do not get the feeling Ninja or Naded suits this vibe at all, since they're both grinders who would likely get frustrated at the chilled approach. Also they both have kinda geeky personalities (no offence intended, big fan of both) that I'm not sure would fit in with the Optic members and brand. That's just conjecture though obviously, feel free to disagree.

Crimsix is a grinder. He stays in his room playing a large amount more than anyone else in that house. Granted Crimsix is CoD player but they could fit. Also you have to understand they don't film the boring shit. They basically film the interesting parts of their day and a lot of that includes social interaction with others. So while you may think they just talk and chill all day it may be only like 10% of their free time but 80% of the vlog. IDK maybe i looked at it wrong. But with Crimsix being that grinder type i don't think anyone makes him do shit he don't want to, and they would treat those guys the same way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

consistency is key, also 5sk pistol works amazing in this game, don't bring in the CE pistol just because you're never going to be told otherwise than CE was anything besides perfect. 4sk pistol change would be random and literally do nothing for the scene. This game plays well.

And...this is why pro opinions shouldn't be held to to a higher standard than other people's.

Obviously a guy who won 250k with the game this way is not going to want to change it.

Go ahead and neg. If anyone but a pro would have said a 4sk pistol wouldn't improve this game you'd all laugh. I don'y care about your circle jerk, I just want a Halo game that people who don't have a shot at hundreds of thousands of dollars will want to play.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 30

How would a 4SK make H5 play more random?

I love you TJ, but that makes no sense. If anything, it would allow you to be even more dominant as it would increase the individual skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 7

And...this is why pro opinions shouldn't be held to to a higher standard than other people's.

He means random as in too fast. You wouldn't even know where you were dying from before you're dead. The solution seems pretty simple to me. Decrease storm rifle damage by like 30-40%, SMG damage by like 20-30%, and AR damage by like 10%. Something along those lines and everything else plays fine. Also increase automatic weapons timers from 20 seconds to like 45 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja made great point. Some of the weapons do too much health damage, namely the plasma weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont understand how people think 4sk is a good idea...people would die instantly

• Upvote (+1) 8

Jimbo, Naded, Maniac, Flame

Would be solid.

That would be the first Optic Team i could get behind since Ola/Snipe/Flame/Ace

What if the pistol took one less body shot to kill? Would that make the pistol random as well or make the game a bit more consistent? 

In absolutely no way should we be hesitant to make changes because it would mess with some peoples' practiced game. 

Or are we still going to keep radar in? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

He means random as in too fast. You wouldn't even know where you were dying from before you're dead. The solution seems pretty simple to me. Decrease storm rifle damage by like 30-40%, SMG damage by like 20-30%, and AR damage by like 10%. Something along those lines and everything else plays fine. Also increase automatic weapons timers from 20 seconds to like 45 seconds.

You can have a 4sk pistol without making it incredibly powerful. A 4sk with a slower ROF would be ideal IMO.

As it stands the average kill time of the pistol is the slowest out of all the precision weapons. It needs to be brought in line with these other weapons. A perfect from a pistol should beat a perfect from other precision weapons as the pistol is harder to use and has less range.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It should at least be tested. You are talking as if the gun is a laser beam like the H2A BR. Just my opinion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja made great point. Some of the weapons do too much health damage, namely the plasma weapons.

It's positively stupid to design a weapon in a game that literally cannot kill the target.

Is Storm Rifle's damage-per-shot / time to kill too good?  Yes.

Is it because it damages health?  No, that's stupid.

(If your response is "But what about the Plasma Pistol?"  Reach had the best PP.)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's positively stupid to design a weapon in a game that literally cannot kill the target.

Is Storm Rifle's damage-per-shot / time to kill too good? Yes.

Is it because it damages health? No, that's stupid.

Of course, but I'm not saying they should do no damage to health just less. It makes weapon/ damage combos more useful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we please stop disregarding pro opinions just because they won a tournament? These guys play the game at the highest level.

There really isn't a good reason to totally disregard pro opinons or to hold it to a higher standard. Logical arguments speak for themselves no matter who says it. Its just weird when opinions are stated but the reasoning isn't. There's not really much you can do with that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Of course, but I'm not saying they should do no damage to health just less. It makes weapon/ damage combos more useful.

But you lose combat efficiency having to swap out weapons...

The only reason the HALO 2 plasma rifle didn't damage health is because you could dual wield it with something that did damage health.

Halo CE's got away with it because it reduced the mobility of the player it was shooting -- which would you rather have, an inability to turn/react, or just the threat of a fast, painless death?

• Upvote (+1) 3

There really isn't a good reason to totally disregard or to hold it to a higher standard. Logical arguments speak for themselves no matter who says it. Its just weird when opinions are stated but the reasoning isn't. There's not really much you can do with that.

Pro makes a post

"Of course you would disagree with me, you just won $1 million!"

Or maybe he just disagrees with you?

• Upvote (+1) 2

They should lower the damage of the storm rifle and make it somewhat more interesting than a fast killing auto. Think H1 plasma rifle stun mechanic. This would be cool as it would make the thrust more valuable in the gunfight against a storm rifle

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like Ninja, but he just said he wants Breakout back.

ot42bOq.gif

I haven't played breakout since it got taken out.

What if breakout was snipers only with normal damage?

• Upvote (+1) 1