CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think the pistol should be changed at all.  I think 5sk is perfect for it.

You'd be surprised at how many people argued over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think it has to be so black and white. 4sk or 5sk isn't our only options.

You can increase bullet clip size, ROF, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Beatdown, I can't quote on this browser but I know a lot of people think it should change but I just don't.  I think 4sk would be way too fast for a weapon you spawn with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think it has to be so black and white. 4sk or 5sk isn't our only options.

It still comes down to a faster TTK or not, regardless of how you go about it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly it isn't even about making the pistol faster. It doesn't need to be. 4SK just represents the most simple solution to making automatics slightly less OP to most people and rewarding the most difficult to use weapon more. There are definitely better solutions that involve just barely tweaking a few different weapons. The pistol could easily remain just as it is while still fixing the issues.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja and 2gre discussing 4 shot pistol in stream now. Disappointed that they are both not in favor of a buffed pistol because you would die too fast from getting team shot. I'll put what I put in ninjas chat: should the CE pistol of been nerfed then because getting teamshot would melt you instantly?

I feel like the TTK with the pistol/dmr/BR are fine as do most people.  

We shouldn't have to increase kill times to compensate for others when they could just decrease weapon strengths for others.

Just thought I'd chuck my $0.02 in about this whole "Ninja / Naded would be perfect for Optic" thing (because that isn't beating a dead horse). I really don't think they would be for a few reasons:

If you've watched the Optic vlogs and Vision (which is hella sick, definitely check it out) there definitely seems to be a type of personality that thrives at the Optic house and that is a laid back, chill dude who is looking to have fun and is easygoing with schedule and commitments. I do not get the feeling Ninja or Naded suits this vibe at all, since they're both grinders who would likely get frustrated at the chilled approach. Also they both have kinda geeky personalities (no offence intended, big fan of both) that I'm not sure would fit in with the Optic members and brand. That's just conjecture though obviously, feel free to disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Uh no shit? This was exactly my point :p

I just think saying "4sk is too fast" as an excuse NOT to nerf the pistol isn't valid. You can increase its TTK in other ways.

I feel like the TTK with the pistol/dmr/BR are fine as do most people.  

We shouldn't have to increase kill times to compensate for others when they could just decrease weapon strengths for others.

In no way, shape, or form should we be nerfing things before we buff them unless it would lead to utter lunacy (e.g. buffing things to match the stupid sniper instead of nerfing the aim assist). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uh no shit? This was exactly my point :P

I just think saying "4sk is too fast" as an excuse NOT to nerf the pistol isn't valid. You can increase its TTK in other ways.

But they're not ultimately arguing about HOW to buff the pistol. They're arguing about WHETHER to buff the pistol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they're not ultimately arguing about HOW to buff the pistol. They're arguing about WHETHER to buff the pistol.

I guess, but from what I can tell from the posts here are suggesting they're only discussing 4sk and nothing else. I'll have to watch the rebroadcast later.

IMO 4sk is too extreme but an increased clip size and a slightly faster ROF would be nice.

I was about to like this one guys post about adding no radar, and then he said Riptide was a good map. 

In other news the first 2 posts in the arena feedback thread state that power weapon timers should be increased because they are too fast and the saw should be placed on Overgrowth. 

God help us all. 

consistency is key, also 5sk pistol works amazing in this game, don't bring in the CE pistol just because you're never going to be told otherwise than CE was anything besides perfect. 4sk pistol change would be random and literally do nothing for the scene. This game plays well.

I believe a 4 shot pistol should at least be tested. I have a hard time seeing how increasing the pistol to 4 shots while taking a chunk away from its aim assist and magnetism would harm/do nothing to the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

consistency is key, also 5sk pistol works amazing in this game, don't bring in the CE pistol just because you're never going to be told otherwise than CE was anything besides perfect. 4sk pistol change would be random and literally do nothing for the scene. This game plays well.

If you say you want radars taken out I will get you a snickers bar from GrandLAN.