CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You do realise the Linda one is a troll account? This picture went Viral, mainly due to LadBible. Just google Linda Isis8281deb7dfa6e14192ca253810038b2e.png

Haha had no idea. People still think the way the fake account does, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's $3m not for their championship, but for their pro league + worlds. $1.2m of that will be for pro league, split over 3 regions - 250k for NA, 200k for EU, 150k for Australia, twice (think of it as LCS splits). We're in the middle of 'Stage 1' at the moment. I assume the remainder will be going to Worlds, which is why the $1.6m number is being thrown around, I can only assume that the remaining 200k is for AM or other tourneys. Compare to Halo having $2.5m for this Worlds (not including Regional prizes), an unknown amount for Pro League, and then Worlds again at the end of the year.

Edit: The remaining 200k went into the 'Challenge Division' events, aka the $25k online tourneys.

On Renegades he had Spartan to assist in slaying (who I would say was the "Main Slayer" of the squad) 

Stellur was the main slayer of that team. His kill orientated and baiting style is that of a main slayer - whether of not he had the best KD.

The amount of people that think you can win a tournament by stacking your roster with players whose KD ratios are inflated by the amount the use power weapons is absurd.

Yes, Penguin and Suspector are damn good players. But if you put them both on the same team, you are failing to accentuate their strengths as players.

You are making them look collectively worse.

Yes. This. Agreed. 100%

WE BACK ;)

Rock-paper-scissors

Lizard-Spock!

i wouldnt categorize any of them as main slayers except for royal 2. Being really skilled doesnt mean u r a main slayer, it's playstyle and royal 2 is the only one who really plays that way on that team

This. Only Royal 2 plays as a main slayer. The rest of the team is blessed with excellent shots but R2 is the main slayer.

P.S. I firmly believe that Snakebite is the best player in the game right now. Thoughts?

Absolutely!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Massive Respect to @@Sandman since TMZ asked for his photos to be used and he turned them down.

Don't want to be associated with that. Good choice my man.

Good on him. TMZ is toxic. Hopefully a site that isn't cancer will give him a pretty penny though. He deserves to be paid for his work.

Well if Summit keeps streaming and promoting Halo, we may see stream numbers increase. :simms: Having Halo near the top of Twitch when he streams is really good, and hopefully it can have some lasting effects.

Summit said on stream last night that he'd only stream Halo as part of his "random games streams" at the end of the night when he no longer cares about maintaining viewers. As much of a Halo fanboy as he is, he also knows it's not going to make him any money on Twitch.

3 mil for the whole year. Champs is only 1.6 mil.  Cod pros are angry.

They should be. Activision-Blizzard is a fucking giant and their grand prize is less. 

This is a well thought out and insightful response. Thank you! Your statements of personal defamation greatly increase my desire for civil discourse :)

Obviously there are marketing beats at work here, but I think you're greatly overestimating sales lift and the revenue from a one-off WarCraft sponsorship (as someone who sells esports sponsorships for a living).

I'm not claiming this is an act of charity. You're taking my response was out of context. I was clarifying that the community's desire to see an increased prizepool was not the primary motivating factor here, but their desire to have more cosmetics for their spartans. And yes, I do think it was generous of 343i to make it so that a portion of ALL REQ pack sales fed into the prize pool for HWC. No other developer has done something to that affect.

Didnt you say in your last post that other developers have done exactly that?

Not REQ's obviously, but Hats and other cosmetics?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't sound like LBX is retiring at this time as Roy was saying on his stream earlier that everyone on EG were hungry for redemption. Seems like Suspector is the only change happening with EG

I'm glad he's going to be sticking around for a while longer.  He's been in a period of questionable form but I really believe he's still a monster.  I love the pickup of Suspector for EG because I think it will allow Lunch to slip into a more comfortable role as a "utility player" with three very strong slayers at his back.

Obviously he can't put as much time in due to real life catching up, but the dude is a grinder.  And as we saw at X Games if he's hot, he's clearly still one of the top players around.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's $3m not for their championship, but for their pro league + worlds. $1.2m of that will be for pro league, split over 3 regions - 250k for NA, 200k for EU, 150k for Australia, twice (think of it as LCS splits). We're in the middle of 'Stage 1' at the moment. I assume the remainder will be going to Worlds, which is why the $1.6m number is being thrown around, I can only assume that the remaining 200k is for AM or other tourneys. Compare to Halo having $2.5m for this Worlds (not including Regional prizes), an unknown amount for Pro League, and then Worlds again at the end of the year.

Edit: The remaining 200k went into the 'Challenge Division' events, aka the $25k online tourneys.

Thats a good breakdown. I guess they advertise the bigger number so casuals like me get confused  :kappa:

EDIT: Just as we were on the topic

d006d1df91fb83657bf89a618ba0992f.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

IF (and it is still an If) Ogre 2 and Ninja are teaming I'm going to have to bury my hatchet. I ask intelligent questions in stream, that's what I do.... Long time ago I asked ninja a question then a second time, and he timed me out. It was a question of good intention which I've forgotten. I then proceeded to go bitch about the timeout in Roy's chat. Then ninja replied in Roy's chat "I felt bad about the timeout, I don't now".... Since then he's been receiving the sharp end of a pointy stick. But... That's not right to do if Tom respects him enough to team with him. I shall be fair from now on, and promise no more !ninja's from me. And all my voodoo incantations against Tyler will stop. To be honest I'm glad I don't have to buy herbs anymore :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didnt you say in your last post that other developers have done exactly that?

Not REQ's obviously, but Hats and other cosmetics?

They are for one-off programs (most notably Valve's compendium for The International), but no one aside from 343i (to my knowledge) is putting a portion of ALL digital item sales to their esports prize pools. While the compendium and the cosmetics associated with it are surely the largest volume of Dota 2 cosmetics purchased in the months leading up to The International, they're still sells tons of other digital items in-game and in the marketplace outside of that program.

Good clarification/question though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They are for one-off programs (most notably Valve's compendium for The International), but no one aside from 343i (to my knowledge) is putting a portion of ALL digital item sales to their esports prize pools. While the compendium and the cosmetics associated with it are surely the largest volume of Dota 2 cosmetics purchased in the months leading up to The International, they're still sells tons of other digital items in-game and in the marketplace outside of that program.

Good clarification/question though.

And I much appreciate you taking the time to clear that air for me. 

I tried to go to your twitter, didn't lead anywhere. Do you have a handle? 

1. LAN Support is an issue with the Console, not Halo 5 (although H5 was built around the consoles infrastructure)
  2. That's not how closed servers work. You'd need extensive knowledge of Halo 5's dev kits and tools to utilize a dedicated server, if you were even to purchase one of the correct specifications.

It's more the special build of the game than it is a closed server. You can probably buy a server for not that much but there wouldn't be a magical way for Halo 5 to use that server without a build of the game made so it works with that server.

Appreciate the responses. 

And play along with me, lets just say i get in touch with person who is responsible for setting up the closed server for regionals/worlds and he gives me the info, knowledge, and build to set up the server. 

All we would need is a server correct? I feel like we could get some sorta "Crowdfunding Stream" from some the local pros around here. I know spartan is an NJ local and ive seen other big names at these events in the past. 

Its technically possible?

Appreciate the responses. 

And play along with me, lets just say i get in touch with person who is responsible for setting up the closed server for regionals/worlds and he gives me the info, knowledge, and build to set up the server. 

All we would need is a server correct? I feel like we could get some sorta "Crowdfunding Stream" from some the local pros around here. I know spartan is an NJ local and ive seen other big names at these events in the past. 

Its technically possible?

Last time I checked, they use a special build of the game in order to access these private servers. So unless your first statement includes getting these special copies of Halo 5, I don't see this being feasible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Summit said on stream last night that he'd only stream Halo as part of his "random games streams" at the end of the night when he no longer cares about maintaining viewers. As much of a Halo fanboy as he is, he also knows it's not going to make him any money on Twitch.

Even when he has like half his viewers we get a massive boost, so Im appreciative.

And I much appreciate you taking the time to clear that air for me. 

I tried to go to your twitter, didn't lead anywhere. Do you have a handle? 

Let me update that now...it's @kelbymay

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last time I checked, they use a special build of the game in order to access these private servers. So unless your first statement includes getting these special copies of Halo 5, I don't see this being feasible.

What 343 should do is make like one or two members available for rent by local events. They rent the server and special Halo 5s + the employee who knows how to run the server, that way they don't give away any special secrets and stuff. Only way I can think of making it profitable and safe for 343, and if they weren't unreasonable on price we could see some minor LANs spring up.