CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hate to bring the settings discussion, but having rebalanced autos and no Radar would be LIT.

Slayer would still be slow though. Here is to hoping they are testing with Power Ups on Red Flag on Eden, cos I am not the fan of 20 kills in 10 minutes games.

I would love me a 4SK Pistol also... and we should totally replace all Storm Rifles with PR's when the gun gets added to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate to bring the settings discussion, but having rebalanced autos and no Radar would be LIT.

Slayer would still be slow though. Here is to hoping they are testing with Power Ups on Red Flag on Eden, cos I am not the fan of 20 kills in 10 minutes games.

I would love me a 4SK Pistol also... and we should totally replace all Storm Rifles with PR's when the gun gets added to the game.

I've wanted a camo that spawns at red flag one minute into the game for the longest. Think it would speed up play tremendously with incentive to push for it. Plus every other slayer has a power up except Eden TS.

On-topic: Hoping to hear something from Winterfox soon. I like everything that @@iamguitar and the org have done since they got into Halo. Don't want to see them left behind. Also, I've always been a fan of Ryanoob and his playstyle. Hope to see them both in the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HCS Pro League Players, Teams and Seeds Discussion

HCS Pro League Settings and Maps Discussion

pls

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If anybody is still out there lurking, please join us! We are all good people and love discussion.

Just know that all the dank memes will destroy your data plan if viewing on mobile. :wutface::simms:

on mobile, can confirm

FINALLY caught up to everything. Protip to anyone behind: Skim the pages for the high rep posts. They'll usually contain the information you're looking for. 

Excited to see what GreNinja, Commonly, and VicX(?) can do as a squad. I'm one of the 2gre naysayers, but I will not be sad if I'm proven wrong. Huge fan of Commonly and Ninja, and I'm glad to see that they're staying together. I hope the 2gre/VicX leadership can help mold Ninja into the great player he can be. 

But how boring would this game be if we didn't have players like Cratos doing and saying some shit like this?

You cant tell me this doesn't make you just itch to see them go head to head. This is how stories and rivalries are created!

Lethul and Snipedown went head to head on Twitter multiple times, EVERYBODY loved it. Cratos does it and he's the worlds biggest asshole.

I wholeheartedly agree here. How boring would it be for the scene if Lethul stayed on EG and they continued to win everything? His departure and the subsequent trash talk between him and Snipe caused so much buzz for our scene. Stuff like this is healthy, no two ways about it. 

-snip-

Posts like these are why these forums are the best. Glad to see you here. I'm a fan of your philosophy on transparency. Hope to see you around here more. Thanks for your post, super informative. Good luck with your future team. 

Greninja. Yes, like the pokemon.

This is the only reasonable nickname. 

felt like i needed to post these. this is quinns twitter convo after the original tweet to ninja that many people have judged as "douchey" I think the following tweets prove hes not a douche. Take it as you will. 

Thank you for posting this. I feel like a lot of the users here only look at the single tweet posted here, and take it out of context. I know I am guilty of this. Thanks for hunting the truth. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can anyone update me on team changes please? Just confirmed ones. Don't need speculations yet, cause that's what scrolling through the forums are for! Haha

Kind of a downer then they are confirmed. All about speculations.

Also, I feel people are forgetting about RyaNoob. Remember when he subbed for one person on Elevate and they went on to destroy in that online tournament? He's a great player. I feel like WFX is going to be a sleeper team. I think nV is kaput, so Arkanum is probably going to try and get back in with them. 

Royal 2 also said that he likes radar in this game.

Scrim update:

Randa's Team 3 - 9 Mikwen's Team

Who was on Randa and Mikwen team?

Royal 2 also said that he likes radar in this game.

I feel like radar balances the movement mechanics in this game - if that makes any sense.

In previous halo's, a good to4 with adequate callouts paints a picture of where most if not all of the opposing team is on the map. This allows you to look in certain directions for a certain amount of time without being caught out of position. Its a bit hard to explain but the movement speed, mechanics & verticality of H5 maps leave more uncertainty of where exactly a player is on a map. As well as the time it will take them to arrive at your location, and the route they take to get there. Radar counterbalances this decreased "safe time" with a very small area of 360 degree awareness. IMO.

Basically a callout or personal observation "expires" much faster in this game. If a player is across the map and sight of them is lost, they can pop up in your face in fractions of the time it would take in any other Halo game. 

OT: Im super excited to see how this next season pans out. CLG seems to be so dominant but this is still such a young game and who knows what the meta will evolve into. A lot of pros are still trying to figure this game out 100% and new strats, techniques, jumps, etc. are being discovered everyday.  

Here's to Auto nerfs, a veto-system, amd a 4sk Pistol  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd be a fan of everything in H5 if I just crushed the tournament scene for 1M too. Regardless of how they would feel about any of the settings otherwise that would make anyone not want any big changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Context?

Never watched LoL.

TSM and CLG have been rivals since like before League of Legends came out. TSM was literally made to beat CLG (even rumors they threw games in an early season just so they could match up against and beat CLG) and TSM did win most of the time till summer of last year. Now they're doing better in LoL, and if TSM get's a Halo team they'll be going against the best team in Halo on top of that.

Also in recent terms, since Doublelift got dropped off CLG after 4 years and went straight to TSM, the whole 2gre thing getting dropped by CLG and going to TSM is pretty damn similar. That CLG to TSM move by Doublelift also had some really bad drama attached to it, so now both teams are super bitter again.

pretty sure the pros were against removing radar because it would be a huge change to make in the middle of a $2.5m tournament season. Now that the season is over I'm sure we'll see more experimenting with it gone / pros wanting it removed.

Maybe some were but you're definitely assuming here. Whoever just posted said Royal 2 preferred them. Fairly sure Roy has said they make h5 less random than would be without them because of abilities. I'm sure others feel this way as well. Never going to be an all or nothing thing but the stubbornness on them is out of control. They don't hinder the viewing experience, people need to get off their high horses. I absolutely hated the idea of radar and now I don't care. Adapt.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic but does anyone know how to get game clips record from the xbox dvr thing off of xbox.com and saved as a video file that can be put into like sony vegas or something?

You can download them from the Xbox app in windows 10 too.

P.S. staying on topic

.. Team changes and stuff. Okay, what dream 4 players could actually end up matching equally with CLG? I can't think of any.

You said "in H2 the only teams to win a championship made 1 roster change each in 3 years." And that is very incorrect because FB, carbon, TMG/Str8 all won championships(unless you're talking about nationals, and even then Carbon/IGS still had at least 3 different 4ths), and besides FB they all had more than 1 change. Only thing I may be wrong about is Karma teaming with T2 at the beginning, but I really thought that happened.

I know this post is ancient history at this point, but it turns out you were right and Esportspedia had Str8's roster history wrong. Karma's page had it right, he was on Str8 for one event in 2005 - Orlando. Hope this provides closure. :lol:

d76d4d1334.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

nadeshot's so bad omg

He hasn't touched Xbox for quite some time and has literally only played 1 warm-up game. He's not bad for barely touching the game honestly

• Upvote (+1) 2