CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Burton, Tizoxic, and T2 are running MM. Possibly Cratos as their 4th?

Why would Cratos do that to himself :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 8

What does Totz have to do with anything?

2gre has been able to hand-pick elite talent (Ola and FiS in H3, Ola/Roy/LBX in Reach, Royal 2 and Snakebite in H2A) in past years.  What you are seeing right now is a major shift: the elite players no longer see him as a Championship caliber player, hence they are forming their own teams without him.  You think he's running to Ninja and Victory X because he thinks they're going to take down CLG LOL?

Its like an All-time great athlete (NBA, NFL, whatever) becoming a journeyman player in their last remaining years.

I have a hard time believing a professional gamer falls off in their 20's. The only thing that falls off is their interest and then life becomes too busy for gaming. Sure his hands hurt after gaming long sessions but pain does not mechanically make him play worse. Maybe he can't attract the best players anymore. He can still put together a team that is capable of contending for the top position without being carried. It was never his gunskill that won him tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That looks like a hell of a team if they click.

Seriously confused by this.  Mikwen and Ola are mediocre at H5; Pistola hasn't been scary since 2012.  I think we need to stop focusing on names ...

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone enlighten me but why is pengiun such a hot topic right now? He is a crazy good slayer but how much is that worth when CLG can lose slayers to top 16 teams yet is still the best team?

Because being a top tier slayer translates to more than just the gametype with "Slayer" in its name?

And you make it sound like CLG is losing Slayers left and right. They lost three games total at worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I am pretty sure its Penguin. Penguin hasnt played on his main tag since before Worlds.

Mikwen, Ola, Penguin, Rayne.

AR usage barely above pro average? No railgun kills? Doesn't seem very penguinesque to me.

d24e53df38489afde0afcf29b2606f67.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Seriously confused by this.  Mikwen and Ola are mediocre at H5; Pistola hasn't been scary since 2012.  I think we need to stop focusing on names ...

Never underestimate them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seriously confused by this. Mikwen and Ola are mediocre at H5; Pistola hasn't been scary since 2012. I think we need to stop focusing on names ...

Mikwen is good. Ola is questionable but with better slayers around him (Penguin, Mikwen, Rayne), he may excel. He didn't gave that with Heinz, Ogre 2, etc.

@@TiberiusAudley I know it's very early to say but I'm curious to hear your opinion on what priority roles Ninja, Commonly, Ogre 2 and VictoryX will be playing with their new squad. I think it should be interesting to see the old "Leftovers" squad minus Spartan, plus Ogre2 and what each player will need to do individually to help the team make up for losing Spartans ability as a slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR usage barely above pro average? No railgun kills? Doesn't seem very penguinesque to me.

d24e53df38489afde0afcf29b2606f67.png

Any idea who it is? Didnt even think about looking at the weapon usage.

Don't like this new Ogre team at all. 3 support players and one inconsistent slayer? Imho this will not work. This is like completely opposite of what should pros aim for.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Am I the only one upset the Ogre 2 and Ola combo didn't stick together ): 

Too lazy to read previous pages. Dide Ogre2 and Ola already land on a team?

Ola hasn't been the same for the past year or two. Top player? yes, but not the ola that use to steal the show almost every event.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ola hasn't been the same for the past year or two. Top player? yes, but not the ola that use to steal the show almost every event.

Ogre2 is basically confirmed to be teaming with Ninja, VicX, and Commonly.

Ola is running games with Mikwen, Rayne, and a 4th.

I think Ola has gone through multiple epiphanies throughout these past few years. Hopefully the Ola of old can come back for this upcoming season

Don't like this new Ogre team at all. 3 support players and one inconsistent slayer? Imho this will not work. This is like completely opposite of what should pros aim for.

Commonly was really only a "Support" player on EG. He slayed a ton on Crowd Pleasers & RNG. But I do think 2gre & VicX's roles could overlap a bit too much, given how fast H5 is, and how much CQC there is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All but official: Ninja, Ogre 2, Commonly, Victory X

Rumored: mikwen, Ola, Rayne, Penguin

I know its just MM, but they havent really struggled so far. Communication is already better than old RNG in terms of small talk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mikwen has always been good at Halo 5 and didn't Ola look really good leading up to the LAN qualifiers? 

I think a lot people forget that nV had to face EG and Denial to qualify. They were still a good team with good players. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah they're teaming with the sudds. #RCFinalBoss