CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

While this discussion has no spiraled out of control due to a bunch of people misinterpreting a tweet, I think the easiest solution is to just decrease non-official HCS gametypes weighting.

I totally understand why they are in Team Arena, it allows them to gather data from TONS of players, see how the community opinion shakes out on it, continue to tweak weapons and spawns, etc.

One thing about the old MLG gametypes was that I felt that off-maps or gametypes never got a fair shake.

Totally. 

If it was me, I'd keep all these new maps in but keep their weighting the same as other non-DLC maps. Then add a veto option.

that was removed because snakebite complained?

not because of the community

keep up man

SnakeBite is the community. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that was removed because snakebite complained?

not because of the community

keep up man

Ya, ignore the backlash from the community after that snakebite post 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why should team arena only be catered to competitive players?

it shouldn't but there should be an HCS playlist alternative if the game is "esports focused" 

last thing i'll say about playlist, every1 else feel free to get in the last word

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 clearly doesn't listen to the community, like when is Breakout going to be removed?

The community needs to realize that sometimes it just isn't right. Sure, sometimes they are, but when the community starts getting everything their way the game goes to shit. Developers need to stand their ground and make concessions only when necessary.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

it shouldn't but there should be an HCS playlist alternative if the game is "esports focused" 

last thing i'll say about playlist, every1 else feel free to get in the last word

Your twitter isn't funny. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

An HCS playllist named HCS won't do well when there's already a Team Arena playlist that almost does the same thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quin is doing what he can guys let's cut him some slack.

They just gave away 2.5 million to the community. Be thankful or none of this exists.

Oh you poor child of Summer

• Upvote (+1) 2

An HCS playllist named HCS won't do well when there's already a Team Arena playlist that almost does the same thing.

I agree. I also don't think they should take half the map/gametypes out of team arena. This is a much more complicated scenario then a lot of people think it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry boyz but we need to get back to Rostermania. 

Halo 5 thread is for that complaining and bitching about rules and shit.

Yea Rostermania bitching only!

Da fuck is Ninja thinking..........dropping Spartan again?!?  

• Downvote (-1) 8

On the topic of maps, what do you guys think of a map with two snipers? There isn't really a Sanctuary or Pit type map in H5 and I miss some of those snipe standoffs. 

I feel like there was potential for that on Torque. Maybe not ideal but that is probably the closest we've gotten in H5. But no. Instead they thought 2 hammers was better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Da fuck is Ninja thinking..........dropping Spartan again?!?  

I'm not sure if you are joking, but that's not what happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry boyz but we need to get back to Rostermania. 

Halo 5 thread is for that complaining and bitching about rules and shit.

ehhh

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the topic of maps, what do you guys think of a map with two snipers? There isn't really a Sanctuary or Pit type map in H5 and I miss some of those snipe standoffs. 

I'd be down, if the sniper wasn't so easy to use.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk. The h5 sniper is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not the first time he's done this man. I don't think he ever made this video, either - unless I missed it.

I think he may have been distracted by a big tournament we had recently

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've been around the scene since H3, 21 years old. 

I should clarify though. They definitely have some dumb videos. I mainly just watch the vlogs, vision, and hitch's videos. I don't care for the random lets play videos and stuff. I view the optic house as like a reality show pretty much. Or like I said in my comment, its similar to HBO 24/7 as in it gives me an inside look at people that are doing what I like to do, just at the highest level. I eat that shit up. 

Edit: Your nephew being into the cod faze stuff is basically what I mean by how it'll grow the game. Halo is stuck with a bunch of older people who have been playing for years, and are moving on with their lives. We need the young kids coming and getting hyped.

Thanks for going into detail. I can understand why people find them entertaining, they just weren't for me. I figured it was because I'm in my 20s and my nephew still in his teens but what you put in your edit made sense, for example if youtube was big around the time we all watched h2 and h3 maybe a lot more halo players would be doing the stuff the cod players are currently doing via youtube.

• Upvote (+1) 1