CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How is that a shitty tweet? It wasn't him saying "you guys suck take this shit out". Riptide and overgrowth have no place in any competitive playlist, torque needs a complete redo on the weapons and the layout of the weapons and the pillars shouldnt just be randomly popping up and down. A game that just had a 2.5 million dollar tournament and there isn't even a playlist with strictly the gametypes and maps used in tournaments, it's a joke.

That's your opinion, but fact of the matter is that some form of Riptide/Overgrowth is going to be added to the HCS. 

No one is arguing that Team Arena shouldn't be tournament gametypes, we all want that. Strictly saying to get rid of them is ignorant.

It's not that it sucks/doesn't suck. They're just not tournament gametypes.

Now whether team arena should be the "tournament playlist" or not is another discussion.

I like it the way it is but I can see why pros would dislike it.

Considering some of those gametypes are going to be added to the HCS, its the wrong approach. It's a combination of not having a gametype list for the Pro League and Ninja being stubborn to give feedback and express the correct criticism.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So say that. Saying to remove it is completely redundant without saying why.

Huh? 343 back then said themselves Arena playlist should mirror the tourney gametypes  so why should Ninja explain why these gametypes shouldn't be in that playlist. Also I think the bigger problem is how weighted those maps are.

But I essentially agree Pros have to make vlogs or better explanations why gts or maps suck so the devs can't just wave those demands off

• Upvote (+1) 1

not a good look

why even respond at all? ninja was more than respectful in his request 

Quinn asks everybody to post feedback to his twitter but almost every single time someone does, he's a douche about it.  Never really liked Quinn.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How hard was it to say that?

Hey quinn - can we make the Team Arena playlist the HCS playlist? Torque, Riptide and Overgrowth aren't in the rotation.

Was that really so difficult?

I don't disagree with you. This is the reason I dislike twitter in general though. There's a tiny character limit which makes it hard to elaborate on points. Why this has become the preeminent form of dev interaction is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's your opinion, but fact of the matter is that some form of Riptide/Overgrowth is going to be added to the HCS. 

No one is arguing that Team Arena shouldn't be tournament gametypes, we all want that. Strictly saying to get rid of them is ignorant.

Considering some of those gametypes are going to be added to the HCS, its the wrong approach. It's a combination of not having a gametype list for the Pro League and Ninja being stubborn to give feedback and express the correct criticism.

But our opinions say no!

Hey guys I just got my mixamp and Discord. Can anyone reply or message me any tips and specifically Pro server info.

You're the person I was referring to haha.

yeah that's what prompted me to repost it

Quinn asks everybody to post feedback to his twitter but almost every single time someone does, he's a douche about it.  Never really liked Quinn.

He does it because he knows it riles us up, but that doesn't mean he's ignoring that feedback

He does it because he knows it riles us up, but that doesn't mean he's ignoring that feedback

Then why are those maps still in the arena playlist? They literally said the arena playlist is to mirror the hcs maps/gametypes.

Huh? 343 back then said themselves Arena playlist should mirror the tourney gametypes  so why should Ninja explain why these gametypes shouldn't be in that playlist. Also I think the bigger problem is how weighted those maps are.

But I essentially agree Pros have to make vlogs or better explanations why gts or maps suck so the devs can't just wave those demands off

To start off with, sure but then they release these new maps and it would make zero sense to drop new maps/game types in mid-season. It's called Team Arena to showcase most, if not all available game types in the Arena 4v4 mode - this includes the new DLC, even if it isn't liked so much in the competitive community.

I don't disagree with you. This is the reason I dislike twitter in general though. There's a tiny character limit which makes it hard to elaborate on points. Why this has become the preeminent form of dev interaction is beyond me.

When me and Cooper agree, it's a weird world.

Yeah. There are many others ways - email, YouTube videos, Twitter DMs, etc. I'm sure most pros have access to all of these. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then why are those maps still in the arena playlist? They literally said the arena playlist is to mirror the hcs maps/gametypes.

Ask Quinn. Maybe it was the best way to put out new DLC maps with a mix of gametypes. The average player isn't going to care if Team Arena is suppose to be the HCS playlist so they're probably not going to complain if they get a DLC map

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is arguing that Team Arena shouldn't be tournament gametypes, we all want that.

Do we? Maybe here you all do. I doubt that is the sentiment everywhere though.

The problem with cutting arena down to only tournament gametypes is that will cause a lot of map/gametypes to not be in the game at all. If tournaments are going to use hur dur default settings for the sake of casual inclusion then why cut out a bunch of gametypes casuals like?

How hard was it to say that?

Hey quinn - can we make the Team Arena playlist the HCS playlist? Torque, Riptide and Overgrowth aren't in the rotation.

Was that really so difficult?

We've been discussing that crap here for months on months man. So much so that anytime someone brought up settings here we'd get downvoted because it's all been said 1000 times. Even the mods told us to stop after awhile because it's all been said before.

We all know why people don't like those maps and settings/gametypes and we don't get paid to find that crap out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is completely irrelevant. Shit gets past testing, eventually, one or two people get the final say and sometimes that isn't the best choice. 

The best thing we can do is offer constructive feedback, not "remove this, it sucks".

Except the map is beyond fixing and the only thing to do is remove it. So that is the constructive feedback. Just like the pistol should be a 4sk. ITS A FACT.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really don't think overgrowth or riptide will be added, I at least refuse to believe that. Torque, maybe. But strictly saying to get rid of them isn't ignorant, it's blunt.